Speculation: Rumours and trade proposals

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
On the one hand, Karlsson to the Preds would be karma because we traded the pick to OTT that they then used to select him.

On the other hand, as a fan of Shea Weber since he came into the league, it would be massively weird to have to cheer for Karlsson and Subban both...

And on the gripping hand(bonus points to anyone who gets the reference)... I'd hate to lose Ellis and upset the chemistry and the lockerroom. I'm just not sure he's enough of an upgrade to risk it

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I love this team, but I would give a lotttttt for Erik Karlsson.

I do think a trade is possible without one of our top 4 d.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Karlsson and ekholm the Swede line would be sick. You gotta think with Forsberg arvi jarnkrok aberg and ekholm they could talk him to stay for 9mil for 8 years with no state tax. Yea losing Ellis would suck but he'll get 5 or 6 somewhere. Could you imagine pk and karlsson on the same team. Top defense for awhile. Yea it's a dream world. Or maybe poile is driving the price up for him working with the gm in Ottawa and Tampa pays a buttload for him and we get Hoffman for fabbro and a 1st for helping out lol.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Unless it's my nightmare where PK is sent to Ottawa, Ottawa trades PK to Toronto for their boatloads of prospects.
Let's be clear, if Poile traded for Karlsson, it would not be for PK. Different style of defenseman, different contract lengths and, frankly, way too valuable an asset to manage in that way. If any of the top 4 it would be Josi (EK is basically a better Josi) or Ellis, whose contracts both expire sooner. Poile isn't an idiot when it comes to asset management so please stop bringing this up.

Reactions: HITMAN88

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Come on, you guys wouldn’t be even a little excited to get Karlsson?

I’m wondering if PK’s injury is actually worse than what we think and Poile’s hedging his bets to ensure we have a healthy top 4 D.

Or, maybe he thinks Ellis wants too much money. Who knows.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Ryan and/or Karlsson are Preds by Monday. Stranger things have happened.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'd be super excited to see Karlsson in Preds, but like others, am afraid what it would take. I'm a lot more convinced we go for a top9 forward and a 3rd pair upgrade, say Nash and Oduya.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Let's be clear, if Poile traded for Karlsson, it would not be for PK. Different style of defenseman, different contract lengths and, frankly, way too valuable an asset to manage in that way. If any of the top 4 it would be Josi (EK is basically a better Josi) or Ellis, whose contracts both expire sooner. Poile isn't an idiot when it comes to asset management so please stop bringing this up.

I think Ellis, because of expiration of contract, pricing (Saves Melnyk more short term and long term. There will only be one season will Melnyk has to fork up more money). Also shot handedness is still valuabled by coaches around the league, especially given that Ellis' backhand isn't anything special, and Karlsson while he has a fantastic backhand, he's still stronger on his strong side than offside unlike let's say Brodie.

Ellis, any middle 6 player (Except Fiala or Turris), and a 1st for Karlsson and Ryan (Ryan retained to 5 million a season). Turris and Ryan have great chemistry and I think Ryan should fit as he has the brains to keep up with whomever he is playing with.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It's actually proven eating too much cheese can lead to nightmares haha. Cheese is also super addictive.
wtf man. first you litter our board with billions of calgary proposals and aberg. now this? (just kidding).

also no to EK. nothing against him but not what we need in terms of what it would cost. unless poile knows something crazy we don't or got into the bath salts or cheese?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I think Ellis, because of expiration of contract, pricing (Saves Melnyk more short term and long term. There will only be one season will Melnyk has to fork up more money). Also shot handedness is still valuabled by coaches around the league, especially given that Ellis' backhand isn't anything special, and Karlsson while he has a fantastic backhand, he's still stronger on his strong side than offside unlike let's say Brodie.

Ellis, any middle 6 player (Except Fiala or Turris), and a 1st for Karlsson and Ryan (Ryan retained to 5 million a season). Turris and Ryan have great chemistry and I think Ryan should fit as he has the brains to keep up with whomever he is playing with.
so ellis, say jarnkrok (cheap, locked up), and a 1st for EK ( who could bolt) and ryan who has one of worst contracts in the league. yeah again just no. can we discuss trades other than this?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I don’t know. We will just have to wait and see.

Ryan isn’t actually as terrible as people are saying. He was injured a lot this season and last. This wouldn’t be the first time Poile has tried to get Ryan.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
At some point you want to win with what you know and the pieces that got you here. I’d love to have EK. But I also wouldn’t want to lose Ellis. Or Jarnkrok. At this point I’d rather just stand pat if that’s what it would take.

Anyway, Poile is really just interested in Hoffman with EK as the smoke screen.

Reactions: HITMAN88

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
He's a LD. Unless he plays his off side, which I don't think is the case, it would mean paying the price to acquire him just to play him or Emelin on the wrong side.

Might be wrong here, but didn't he play right side in Montreal when he was paired up with Markov? So he'd have at least some experience playing there.

As for Cole:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Boston probably had to pay more to get salary retention.

But two big names from the East stay in the East.... so far, so good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad