Speculation: Rumours and trade proposals

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Boston sure gave up a lot for Nash there was no way we could match that. I am glad he staying out east though and the Jets or Stars didn't get him.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Boston probably had to pay more to get salary retention.

But two big names from the East stay in the East.... so far, so good
nash cost that much cause he was retained 50% and Boston got rid of beleskey. take out the extras and he went for a 1st + solid prospect. pretty much what he was expected to go for as the biggest rental available.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Holy balls that's a steep price for Nash. Glad we didn't pay that. Now, Grabner and Nash off the table. The only name that interests me anymore is Tatar. Those rental d-mans are too expensive for what they are.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Holy balls that's a steep price for Nash. Glad we didn't pay that. Now, Grabner and Nash off the table. The only name that interests me anymore is Tatar. Those rental d-mans are too expensive for what they are.
Hoffman would interest me too, but I'm not expecting any reasonably interesting pricetag on him.

Nash... totally satisfied to see him in Boston at that price. 1st+ middling D prospect is maybe like our Allard + ... well, I don't know that we have a Spooner exactly as a younger player with some holes in his game but some skills - he is a big step up on Aberg, say. Retentions - we don't have bad contracts. All in all, definitely would not have considered competing with that deal.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I doubt Tatar will be traded at deadline given the size and length of his contract. It will have to involve roster players and not many playoff teams want to give that up. Any player that isn't a rental doesn't have to get traded now they can wait till the draft. Nyqvist is a bigger possibility than Tatar as he'll be cheaper to get.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yeah, the price for Tatar will be enormous seen how much NYR got for Nash. A 1st + Fabbro would have to be the base. + Aberg as well.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
If we make any trade, it won’t involve Tolvanen.

Also a deal for Karlsson won’t involve Subban.

I will say this, if Tampa lands let’s say Ryan McDonagh, I think Poile pushes extremely hard for EK and I definitely think Ryan comes with him. Could you imagine if Poile pulled off an EK + Hoffman deal without giving up Tolvanen. Ha.

Whether the Preds make a move or not, this TDL has already been exciting to watch and will continue to be.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I’d do that deal 10 times a day. OTT would want more. With Fish coming back, no need for Bonino. That would be huge for the Preds.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Aberg to Edmonton for Letestu.

Letestu to CBJ for a 4th. Good deal for us and we kept Letestu off Winnipeg who was after him hard.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Hard to see that we won't deal for a forward help after this. Or Poile just wanted to get some value from Aberg and, keep Letestu off from Winnipeg.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Sure. We could have done that. It also is something that has the potential to cause some irritation in contract negotiations. I don't think it would, and you clearly do not either. Then again, it could.

Aberg was superfluous on this team. He needed to be moved away from at some point. I think this was likely the last time we could move any time.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
We're definitely making room. Either for Tolvanen and we make no other moves or we're making a move for a forward.

I'm not saying I want us to necessarily trade for Karlsson, but for some reason there's too much smoke for me to think Poile is just trying to drive up the price. He's made some really big deals recently and frequently (more so than other GM's)....I don't know...gonna be interesting.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We don't need to trade Aberg to add Tolvenen as he won't be here till after the deadline. Fisher can sign after 12 tomorrow when the roster limits are lifted. Poile is making room for another forward trade. Aberg had his chances but he just didn't perform maybe he'll have a better chance in Edmonton. 4th round pick is a good return for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad