Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
so what? Klefbom wont be a right hand shot and will not be physical..
Add in his health issues and how proven Hamonic is I would make that swap.

Hamonic is not exactly healthy either. In fact he almost as injury riddled as RNH

You deal any D on your team (including Sekera, Nurse) before Klefbom. Whos both proven and also insane tools/upside and already on par with Hamonic play wise

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
No kidding. You could say Davidson has been tremendous in goalie, a real rock. And people would be none the wiser. I think people would be shocked how little hockey games people watch of other teams, especially bottom feeders. Not to mention Davidsons rise came mainly in the games McDavid was injured (only reason to watch Oilers)

This. Davidson's emergence came when the team was depleted with injuries. The kid seems to only get better with adversaries. This is why I think there's something special about him.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
yeah, klef is pretty much even with hamonic right now, and on a better contract (longer)

Plus the point is to improve the defence not just change the makeup. I would argue at best it's a small improvement because without klefbom your top 3 left d are nurse Davidson and Sekera. Only way you trade klef is if you are upgrading on him ie. Subban or pieteangelo etc. That won't happen imo so he should be here to start the year.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Brodin makes a lot of sense.

Brodin for RNH? Pass.

Brodin was very highly touted and had a solid rookie campaign. People wrote-off Tyler Myers in Buffalo. Why can't Brodin revive his career here?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Said this a few times but I have time for Brodin at the right price. The right price is a lot(a LOT) less than the current price has been rumored to be.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Brodin for RNH? Pass.

Brodin was very highly touted and had a solid rookie campaign. People wrote-off Tyler Myers in Buffalo. Why can't Brodin revive his career here?

What would he bring to the Oilers that we don't already have in the system? He is a non physical left shot D that doesn't put up points. Davidson played better this season.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
What would he bring to the Oilers that we don't already have in the system? He is a non physical left shot D that doesn't put up points. Davidson played better this season.

Davidson was our best d-man. By that logic, let's get rid of left-shots Klefbom and Sekera too.

Can we clone Davidson brah? 6 of him please.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Swedish interview with Klefbom with some interesting tidbits:

Klefbom hopes else that he can be reunited with Jonas Brodin , defender colleague from the time of Färjestad and junior . It was rumored a trade between Edmonton and Minnesota in the winter , Brodin against Ryan Nugent-Hopkins , but it was never as Nugent - Hopkins was injured .

- I do not believe that it is absolutely impossible that Jonas (Brodin) joins Edmonton this summer. Minnesota has very good defenders, he has ended up slightly overshadowed .

• How would it be if it becomes a reality ?

- We've talked a lot about it, it would be incredibly fun. I think it would be good if we got to play together , it sits in the spinal cord.

He also mentions that he think the Oilers first round pick will be traded as "Our new general manager wants to see results now rather than us to be good in the long run".

(Source: http://www.vf.se/sport/ishockey/var-rumskamrat-med-mcdavid-och-hoppas-pa-brodin)

The RNH for Brodin rumour is news to me atleast.

Very interesting. I don't like it, but it's interesting.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Brodin for RNH? Pass.

Makes me wonder if Klefbom can help him elevate his game, as they are former partners in the SEL (I think).

But if you're trading for Brodin, I would have trouble even doing Yak straight up.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Brodin for RNH? Pass.

I would take Brodin on this tema easily, just depends on price

Myers put up 48 and was a top pairing D and a possession monster. Brodin was a solid defensive D on top pairing with prime Suter. His offensive upside is around 20 points. He doesnt really have much to bounce back too. Although he can progess and put up more numbers in softer minutes

He is basically a Smid clone. And I loved prime Smid on the Oilers. But Brodin is such a distant need for me. I mean Id take Davidson over him (better this year, more upside due to offensive ability) and TBH Reinhart isnt that far off of this years Brodin. Some skating training in offseason and picking up where he left off could put him in same tier as Brodin. Both are smart defensive D with no physicality or offense

But if we get Brodin and toss him on 3rd pairing with say Nurse or Davidson, I think thatd be a good spot for him

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Makes me wonder if Klefbom can help him elevate his game, as they are former partners in the SEL (I think).

But if you're trading for Brodin, I would have trouble even doing Yak straight up.

They played probably like 4 games together. Both were rookies/ young guys. Brodin played higher in line up as he was more polished than Klefbom. Klefbom really only started playing top pairing minutes in his last year (before injury) with Brodin gone. I thought I read a Klefbom quote saying they didnt play much together but did grow up together and good friends

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Davidson was our best d-man. By that logic, let's get rid of left-shots Klefbom and Sekera too.

Davidson makes 1.5M for a top 4 D. He's probably the least tradable D in my eyes. He was carrying the team at one point. I don't think I ever seen Sekera or Klef shown that can kind of performance ever

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

Brodin is still young and could turn into a very solid shutdown D. He has had a couple of iffy seasons, which is why I think him for Yak+ is a decent trade for both sides.

If the Wild insist on RNH, that is just laughable and there is no change the Oilers will go after Brodin.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Id be absolutely flabbergasted if Dumba or Brodin costed more than Yakupov. But then again Wild fans seem to thing Brodin and Dumba (wtf) are worth the 4th overall. So maybe value is in the middle somewhere

That being said, I know if we got Brodin Id be throwing my remote thru the screen when puck dies on his stick at all times

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Davidson makes 1.5M for a top 4 D. He's probably the least tradable D in my eyes. He was carrying the team at one point. I don't think I ever seen Sekera or Klef shown that can kind of performance ever

I'm not diasgreeing.

However, I think it is terribly flawed logic to pass up on a good d-man simply because he's a left shot and Davidson was better in 2015/2016.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Id take 6 Davidsons over what we had last year. Klefbom is our best D, hes better than Brodin by a country mile. Brodin hasn't been nearly as good since his rookie season now that he isn't being carried by Suter. We need actual right shots, not just guys who are left and can play the right side. Brodin might be good depth but I wouldn't take him on the left side over any of the 3 you listed and I wouldn't want him in my top 4 on the right.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Id take 6 Davidsons over what we had last year. Klefbom is our best D, hes better than Brodin by a country mile. Brodin hasn't been nearly as good since his rookie season now that he isn't being carried by Suter. We need actual right shots, not just guys who are left and can play the right side. Brodin might be good depth but I wouldn't take him on the left side over any of the 3 you listed and I wouldn't want him in my top 4 on the right.

If a guy isn't an offensive D then it really doesn't matter if he's a
RHD or a LHD. If Brodin can play a shut down roll on the right side, and it's possible to get him for Yak+ then that is something we should be interested in.

If they want RNH or the 4th then we hang up laughing and look at better options.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
To be frank, I feel this D would actually be pretty solid

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Brodin
Nurse (in AHL)

I mean is it perfect? no. But its a reasonable D core to assemble and if only 1 disappoints well be gravy. Nurse will likely play 50 games total with injuries, and thats no problem

Leaves a potential forward core of

Pouliot-McDavid-Maroon
Hall-LD-xxx
Dubios-RNH-Kassian

I think this team would win a lot like how Dallas wins. Except we have a better D core and goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad