Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Subban Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
"In all my years of professional hockey experience I have never seen such woeful cap management"-

Says the 'rookie'

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
To be frank, I feel this D would actually be pretty solid

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Brodin
Nurse (in AHL)

I mean is it perfect? no. But its a reasonable D core to assemble and if only 1 disappoints well be gravy. Nurse will likely play 50 games total with injuries, and thats no problem

Leaves a potential forward core of

Pouliot-McDavid-Maroon
Hall-LD-xxx
Dubios-RNH-Kassian

I think this team would win a lot like how Dallas wins. Except we have a better D core and goaltending

I don't mind that group at all. I don't think Kassian will be back though. Just the feeling I get.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Proposal:
To EDM: Hamonic+Dal Colle+Halak + rights to Okposo
TO NYI: Hall+Eberle

NYI becomes an instant contender.
Oilers get help on D,
Make Oilers McDavid's team by doing a complete culture change.

Open up wing positions for McDavid and UFAs will come flocking in... Eriksson?Lucic?Okposo?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Proposal:

Oilers get help on D,

Open up wing positions for McDavid and UFAs will come flocking in... Eriksson?Lucic?Okposo?

I wouldnt do Hall alone for that

MDC is a near bust. Halak is a back up to Talbot. Rights to Okposo are worth a 5th round pick

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
Proposal:

Oilers get help on D,

I don't agree with trading hall for that but I'm more curious as to why you want halak? as our backup? or do you want competition for talbot?

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Yak for Brodin

#4 for Hamonic

Nuge for Faulk

Your D is fixed.

Move Fayne

Run,

Hamonic-Faulk
Brodin-Klefbom
Davidson-Sekera

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Proposal:

Oilers get help on D,

The rights to Okposo are worth like a 5th and why do we want Halak? This makes no sense.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Yak for Brodin

#4 for Hamonic

Nuge for Faulk

Your D is fixed.

Move Fayne

Run,

Hamonic-Faulk
Brodin-Klefbom
Davidson-Sekera

Haha omg this would be an ideal offseason. Id legally change my name to "Chiapet" if Chiarelli did this (replace 4th for Eberle tho)

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
Yak for Brodin

#4 for Hamonic

Nuge for Faulk

Your D is fixed.

Move Faybe

Run,

Hamonic-Faulk
Brodin-Klefbom
Davidson-Sekera

I would not trade for brodin and run

Klefbom hamonic
Sekera Faulk
Davidson Gryba/cheap fa signing

that is a much cheaper blueline and just as serviceable. Having a 5.5 mil dman on your 3rd pairing doesn't make sense. Then you could trade yak for a serviceable 3rd line center to replace nuge in your scenario.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
If a guy isn't an offensive D then it really doesn't matter if he's a
RHD or a LHD. If Brodin can play a shut down roll on the right side, and it's possible to get him for Yak+ then that is something we should be interested in.

If they want RNH or the 4th then we hang up laughing and look at better options.

I might do it for Yak but he is still overpaid for a guy that doesn't put up any points and is not physical. Gryba brings far more to the table even with his slower skating and would come at a cheaper price point and we wouldn't have to give anything up to get him. Handedness also does matter even when it comes to a purely defensive role, I don't feel like finding the source but there is an inherent difference that comes from playing D on their proper sides in terms of corsi.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Jonathan Willis floating out a couple of right-shot D from Carolina.

Ryan Murphy is interesting because you know at the very least he could run the point on the PP. But how different is he from Jultz?

Willis also cites that Sekera-Murphy were pretty good at ES in 2014/2015.
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1728&withagainst=true&season=2013-16&sit=5v5

I have interest in Murphy. If you get him for cheap thatd be a solid add. Young enough to improve defensively

0.81 pts/60 for Murphy vs 0.61 for Jultz

Pretty brutal on PP tho. 1 assist in 63 mins

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Brodin
Nurse (in AHL)

I mean is it perfect? no. But its a reasonable D core to assemble and if only 1 disappoints well be gravy.

We wouldnt need both the bolded.. Its gotta be one or the other.
a 4M 3rd pairing Dman is just not ideal.

I don't agree with trading hall for that but I'm more curious as to why you want halak? as our backup? or do you want competition for talbot?
Halak would be our veteran backup. Pretty much a cap relief for NYI who are obviously moving away from Jaro.

I would not trade for brodin and run

Klefbom hamonic
Sekera Faulk
Davidson Gryba/cheap fa signing

that is a much cheaper blueline and just as serviceable. Having a 5.5 mil dman on your 3rd pairing doesn't make sense. Then you could trade yak for a serviceable 3rd line center to replace nuge in your scenario.
That would be an elite and super cheap D corp... pretty much dream scenerio.
I wouldnt hold my breath on it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Dealing RNH for Brodin would be an epic fail. There had better be some hefty +'s coming back with Brodin.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Brodin
Nurse (in AHL)

I mean is it perfect? no. But its a reasonable D core to assemble and if only 1 disappoints well be gravy. Nurse will likely play 50 games total with injuries, and thats no problem

Leaves a potential forward core of

Pouliot-McDavid-Maroon
Hall-LD-xxx
Dubios-RNH-Kassian

I think this team would win a lot like how Dallas wins. Except we have a better D core and goaltending

What happened to Fayne? Shot out of a cannon? :laugh:

That's also a lot of money to absorb with only 8-ish million going out and still some major holes up front.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Proposal:

Oilers get help on D,

That's the flaw in this. What if they don't? You can't do a deal like this and then hope and pray that you can attract UFA's to the worst team in hockey over the last decade.

Also where Hall for Dal Colle and Hamonic is about right or even tilted a little our way, Eberle for Halak and Okoposo's UFA's rights is horrible. If Okposo walks we're left with a 4.5 million dollar backup, a #2 defenceman, and a complete roll of the dice prospect that STILL might not be NHL ready in his draft + 3 season. For a forward drafted top 5, that's not good.

Pouliot-Draisaitl-RNH
MDC-McDavid-Yakupov
Kassian-Letestu-Hendricks
Korpse-Lander-Pakarinen

Blecccccchhhh.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What happened to Fayne? Shot out of a cannon? :laugh:

That's also a lot of money to absorb with only 8-ish million going out and still some major holes up front.

Yup. Traded for some cheap 4th liner. I dont mind Fayne but I mean you save 3.5 mil by dealing him. That D core is probably perfectly valued cap space. Noone is overpaid save for maybe Demers and Brodin by 500K. But Klefbom and Davidson make up for it

Out the door is Eberles 6M and Faynes 3.5, so 9.5 freed up

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
We wouldnt need both the bolded.. Its gotta be one or the other.
a 4M 3rd pairing Dman is just not ideal.

Halak would be our veteran backup. Pretty much a cap relief for NYI who are obviously moving away from Jaro.

That would be an elite and super cheap D corp... pretty much dream scenerio.
I wouldnt hold my breath on it.

me neither I was more going off of his idea. for me i would rather trade for a vatanen/hamonic/faulk type that is a great pickup and sign demers. less assets required similar result.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think trading for a top pairing D and signing Demers is the way to go. When/if we lose a D to expansion it won't hit as hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->