Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Our Offseason Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
There's no way I trade Klefbom unless we're getting someone back of the caliber of Subban or Faulk. Otherwise, just no.

He's a guy we've drafted and developed. He has chemistry with guys on our team, and is a proven commodity on our team, which is something we can't say about guys like Hamonic, Barrie, Vatanen, etc. Who knows how they react to our team here. If we're getting those kind of players it should be with other assets. Chiarelli said himself he's trading forwards for defense. If D is traded out of here, it's not Klefbom.

Plus we will be in cap hell once McDavid's contract kicks in. Klefbom gave us a hometown deal that will help our cap for the next 7 years. As good as Hamonic's deal is, it's only 4 years more.

Millions of percents agreement!

Even adding guys like hamonic and vats are a gamble by themselve I'm not even sure trading a top 6 winger llet alone trading a defender already producing in his role is that smart.

The oilers are in a corner though and need to move a forward otherwise I don't think even those trades are entertained.

6God*

Gonna re-iterate a point I made earlier in this thread: Take advantage of the forward-heavy UFA market.

1) Overpay by trade to ship Ebs/Nuge/Hall for young top-pairing or top-4 defensemen (Hamonic, Shattenkirk, Brodin, etc)
2) Overpay as needed on UFA forwards to fill above holes (Lucic, Staal, Ladd, Okposo, etc.)
3) Enjoy whatever success you can the next couple years with Drai+McD on entry-level deals

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Gonna re-iterate a point I made earlier in this thread: Take advantage of the forward-heavy UFA market.

1) Overpay by trade to ship Ebs/Nuge/Hall for young top-pairing or top-4 defensemen (Hamonic, Shattenkirk, Brodin, etc)
2) Overpay as needed on UFA forwards to fill above holes (Lucic, Staal, Ladd, Okposo, etc.)
3) Enjoy whatever success you can the next couple years with Drai+McD on entry-level deals

no.

3 of Lucic,Staal,Ladd,Okposo are going to cost more than Ebs/Nuge/Hall and bring in less production.

You take advantage of those entry level deals by spending smartly with the cap.

I do agree that one of three needs to go, and I pick Eberle.

Trade #1
Ebs for Hamonic is a fair deal, and we get a big heavy minute eating dman.

Hall-Drastaitl-Shaw
Maroon-McDavid-Eriksson
Pouliot-Nuge-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Murphy

More Trades:

Trade #2 Yak for Ryan Murphy + 2nd round pick

3rd Pairing, PPQB.

Trade #3
2nd round pick for Andrew Shaw, 15G 20A pain in the ass, can play C or RW, would be perfect for the three centres as you could move Nuge to one of the top two lines if needed and put shaw on the 3rd line and he can play with skill. Would also Cost about 3 million a year.

Sign Demers and Eriksson to round out the roster.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I would prefer to sign a free agent then spend assets on a backup. enhroth would be a good one.

The way I see it, I would want a dependable backup that can win the team games when he's in and can carry the workload if Talbot goes down for 10+ games OR has a rough start to the season like he did this year. Enroth doesn't do that for me on any of those facets.

I generally stay away from proposals but I would offer a mid-late round pick in 2016 and a conditional mid-late round pick in 2017.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
The way I see it, I would want a dependable backup that can win the team games when he's in and can carry the workload if Talbot goes down for 10+ games OR has a rough start to the season like he did this year. Enroth doesn't do that for me on any of those facets.

I generally stay away from proposals but I would offer a mid-late round pick in 2016 and a conditional mid-late round pick in 2017.

What about Montoya?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stauffer was weird yesterday

Did the whole, "...Tanner Pearson. Rememberrrrr That Naaaaaaaaame."

He's hinted a lot in the past, but I've never heard him so forthright as he's been over the past few weeks about Pearson, Vatanen, and now Barrie.

Not sure why LA would move him to be honest. He's a good salary hit for them. I could see him as a sweetner to a team taking Brown or Gaborik, but trading Pearson really makes no sense.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
no.

3 of Lucic,Staal,Ladd,Okposo are going to cost more than Ebs/Nuge/Hall and bring in less production.

You take advantage of those entry level deals by spending smartly with the cap.

I do agree that one of three needs to go, and I pick Eberle.

Trade #1
Ebs for Hamonic is a fair deal, and we get a big heavy minute eating dman.

Hall-Drastaitl-Shaw
Maroon-McDavid-Eriksson
Pouliot-Nuge-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen

Klefbom-Hamonic
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Murphy

More Trades:

Trade #2 Yak for Ryan Murphy + 2nd round pick

3rd Pairing, PPQB.

Trade #3
2nd round pick for Andrew Shaw, 15G 20A pain in the ass, can play C or RW, would be perfect for the three centres as you could move Nuge to one of the top two lines if needed and put shaw on the 3rd line and he can play with skill. Would also Cost about 3 million a year.

Sign Demers and Eriksson to round out the roster.

that would be an insane off-season and draft Laine.....funny thing is its possible

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I have been going back and forth regarding which forward to trade for defensive help. I was pretty much convinced it should be Eberle until I read an excellent piece at another website.

Eberle scored 2.32 G/60 ES when paired with mcDavid. That was 2nd in the NHL behind only Ovie. It seems like we have found a winning combination so why mess with it. The challenge is to stay healthy and find the proper winger. i think Pouliot is a great fit.

The CF for Pouliot with eberle is 53.2. Eberle without Pouliot is 49.2 The numbers are almost identical for Pouliot with and without McDavid so that looks like they had success.

Trading Hall is a no go for me so that leaves RNH. If we draft 1st or 2nd, we could ice

Hall - Mathews - Leon

or

Hall - Leon - Laine

Trading RNH means we would be forced to address 3rd line center as we would need an upgrade on Letetsu. I think that is doable. I hate to say it but I think trading RNH might be the best option

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Three way deal

To NYI: Trouba and Burmistrov

To WPG: Hall, Eberle, Reinhart, EDM 3rd

To EDM: Hamonic, Wheeler, Lowry, NYI 2nd

Yak, 2nd for Vatanen

Pouliot McDavid Wheeler
Laine/Dubois RNH Draisaitl
Maroon Lowry Kassian

Klefbom Hamonic
Davidson Vatanen
Nurse Sekera

Probably not enough for Hall but Wheeler next to McDavid would be a great fit.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Three way deal

To NYI: Trouba and Burmistrov

To WPG: Hall, Eberle, Reinhart, EDM 3rd

To EDM: Hamonic, Wheeler, Lowry, NYI 2nd

Yak, 2nd for Vatanen

Pouliot McDavid Wheeler
Laine/Dubois RNH Draisaitl
Maroon Lowry Kassian

Klefbom Hamonic
Davidson Vatanen
Nurse Sekera

Probably not enough for Hall but Wheeler next to McDavid would be a great fit.

The Oilers just give up WAY too much.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
The Oilers just give up WAY too much.

I wouldn't say Way too much. Wheeler is on Hall's level offensively and plays a more complete game IMO. Plus he is 6'5" and 225 lbs and a right handed shot. He is a lot more durable than Hall too playing 615 out of 622 games in his career, or 99% of possible games. Hall has played in 83% of Oilers games in his career to date.

I feel this is one of those deals where the Oilers might appear to lose on the surface but the type of players acquired would make it a win in the standings.

If Hall truly can not mesh with McDavid on the top line we are looking at a 60 point 2nd line winger going forward. That's nothing to sneeze at, but I think we are doing him a disservice if that is his place going forward.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
I wouldn't say Way too much. Wheeler is on Hall's level offensively and plays a more complete game IMO. Plus he is 6'5" and 225 lbs and a right handed shot. He is a lot more durable than Hall too playing 615 out of 622 games in his career, or 99% of possible games. Hall has played in 83% of Oilers games in his career to date.

Wheeler will also be 30 at the start of next season and is signed for just two more years.

Al things being equal, I'll take the younger guy every time.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Wheeler will also be 30 at the start of next season and is signed for just two more years.

Al things being equal, I'll take the younger guy every time.

Fair enough, and I would take Hall over Wheeler if given the choice, and I'm sure most GM's would too, but I do feel for this Oilers team with McDavid as a 1C Wheeler would be a better fit for the next number of years.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

It's Way too much in terms of Hall's value, and what they are getting back. Hamonic is a fine defenseman, He's not worth close to Hall, honestly. Wheeler is a good player, but again not that valuable, and Lowry is depth.

The Oilers give up the most and best player, and get a nice defenseman have, a pretty good forward, and further bottom-6 depth? That's not so good.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

I feel this is one of those deals where the Oilers might appear to lose on the surface but the type of players acquired would make it a win in the standings.

If Hall truly can not mesh with McDavid on the top line we are looking at a 60 point 2nd line winger going forward. That's nothing to sneeze at, but I think we are doing him a disservice if that is his place going forward.

Fair enough, and I would take Hall over Wheeler if given the choice, and I'm sure most GM's would too, but I do feel for this Oilers team with McDavid as a 1C Wheeler would be a better fit for the next number of years.

So you made this proposal based on Hall = Wheeler?
If thats the case how about you take both out of the equation..

Eberle+Reinhart+3rd doesnt get us Hamonic + Lowry + 2nd
Well great if it did but I wouldnt hold my breath

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

People are writing off Hall and McDavid as a pairing way too soon. 75 minutes at ES. GF% 60, 56.6 CF. Need more time. And even if they don't jive, having two lines with players who can murder the bad guys is never a bad thing.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

You think? If Wheeler is the primary piece coming back for Hall then we have some serious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad