Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Our Offseason Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

I think we are comparing apples to oranges. Id be fine with 6M. I just dont think hell settle for anything that low. I think hell sign for 8M. And that, IMO, is a disaster

You know Franson is just a giant Adam Clendening with a slapshot, right?

Poor Nurse.

No kidding. If its Franson or bust, ill gladly roll with Osterle.

Our defensive upgrade will be Franson?

Yea, pass.

Have we discussed Dumba? Minny needs centres and right wings according to their fans.

Jun 9, 2011
Our last thread had a lot of Lucic, Duchene and Stamkos. I think we're getting distracted by shiny things. We need defense. We have Hall, Drai, Nuge, Eberle and MCDAVID. We are loaded with star quality forwards. I would say ONE of those guys (Eberle, size style of play) is to be traded for a dman. We don't need to go whale hunting for the forwards.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I proposed Yak + 2nd for Dumba. Hes not the answer right now. But man he possesses some skill we could really use. Hed be an interesting buy low candidate. He plays a similar game to Vat, but younger and much cheaper

If we had to deal Yak. Id rather add alot to Yak to get a guy like Dumba, vs trading him for cheap

Hell Id even do Yak - Reinhart for Dumba, Dumba possesses that game breaking talent and impressive tools that good #3 or top pairing guys possess

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Our last thread had a lot of Lucic, Duchene and Stamkos. I think we're getting distracted by shiny things. We need defense. We have Hall, Drai, Nuge, Eberle and MCDAVID. We are loaded with star quality forwards. I would say ONE of those guys (Eberle, size style of play) is to be traded for a dman. We don't need to go whale hunting for the forwards.

Yup. Any forward is a cherry on top and a after thought for Chiarelli until D get solved

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I proposed Yak + 2nd for Dumba. Hes not the answer right now. But man he possesses some skill we could really use. Hed be an interesting buy low candidate. He plays a similar game to Vat, but younger and much cheaper

If we had to deal Yak. Id rather add alot to Yak to get a guy like Dumba, vs trading him for cheap

Hell Id even do Yak - Reinhart for Dumba, Dumba possesses that game breaking talent and impressive tools that good #3 or top pairing guys possess

If Dumba could be a solid #3 I think Yak, Reinhart + for Dumba works.

Klefa xxx
Sekera Dumba
Davidson -Fayne
7D becomes a camp battle.

Big spend on a #1 D to pair with Klefbom and this team is looking solid on the back-end pretty quickly.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yup. Any forward is a cherry on top and a after thought for Chiarelli until D get solved

I'd have a lot of time for a guy like Kris Versteeg. Wouldn't be expensive and can float up and down the lineup as needed. Lack of secondary scoring was as big a problem as any for us.

Had 33 points in 63 games for a bad Hurricanes team, he's from Lethbridge, and there's no way he gets anything close to the 4.4 mil cap hit he's currently on.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015

Klefa xxx
Sekera Dumba
Davidson -Fayne

Big spend on a #1 D to pair with Klefbom and this team is looking solid on the back-end pretty quickly.

would like Dumba but don't thinl it'll cost us near that much to obtain his services

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
would like Dumba but don't thinl it'll cost us near that much to obtain his services

I think Reinharts value is somewhere near a late 1st round pick (cant go off we overpaid for him). So its a slight overpay be really helps us

He can really move the puck and well be cost controlled for a while.

Maybe Dumba + something for Yak + Reinhart

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
They won't trade Reinhart. They want to develop him. He will be in the AHL most of next year.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014

Klefa xxx
Sekera Dumba
Davidson -Fayne

Better be a big + if you want minny to trade.

Dumba has more value than Reinhart and Yak is worth maybe a 3rd/4th.

I wouldn't trade Dumba for Reinhart + a 3rd/4th. Let alone Yak.

Jun 9, 2011
Better be a big + if you want minny to trade.

Dumba has more value than Reinhart and Yak is worth maybe a 3rd/4th.

I wouldn't trade Dumba for Reinhart + a 3rd/4th. Let alone Yak.
I'm not so sure. Their fans indicate they need rw and centre. If both teams are trading from a surplus to gain a position of need, the deal would look more balanced.
I wouldn't trade Reinhart though. He needs some marinating, but he is going to be called up for injuries and be better each time. IMO.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I would trade RNH+Reinhart for Seth Jones. Ebs+ for Hamonic. Draft the BPA powerforward

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I'd have a lot of time for a guy like Kris Versteeg. Wouldn't be expensive and can float up and down the lineup as needed. Lack of secondary scoring was as big a problem as any for us.

Had 33 points in 63 games for a bad Hurricanes team, he's from Lethbridge, and there's no way he gets anything close to the 4.4 mil cap hit he's currently on.

I am always in favor of more Lethbridge guys :yo: Would be a good veteran leader too, hes won cups and Chicago never has issue with bringing him back.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
In the last thread I heard some talk of Dan Boyle.

I think that is an bad idea. Rangers fans say he is useless. They have Girardi and Staal so if their saying he's useless he must be pretty ****ing bad.

I think we should steer clear of Boyle.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

I still think Yak+ for Vatanen is something both teams would consider. I'd prefer him to Dumba, no question.

I like Dumba's tool kit, but I don't think he has the hockey IQ to put it all together.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

He's definitely bounced around a lot in his career, which is kind of a red flag for me. He puts up points everywhere he goes, yet keeps getting traded. I don't know. Something doesn't add up to me.

But, he is a right shot and could provide some secondary scoring.

He doesn't really seem like a Chiarelli type player though. He's kind of small and kind of lazy sometimes.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
It's time to add to this roster.

The overwhelming desire to blow up this team chasing that big time defenceman is not what Chiarelli intends to do, or what the oilers should do.

There is plenty of opportunity with free agency and trades with cap strapped teams to address holes in this roster, without significantly reducing the structure of this team.

Just give this group one season...one season, where they head into the start of the year without significant holes on their team.

The oilers have many contracts coming off the books in the next two years. Throw some money around and fill the holes and keep this team in tact.

Backes, Okposo, Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson.
Brouwer, Helm, Martin, Mcginn, Matthias, Shaw.
Hamonic, Yandle, Vatanen, Goligoski, Demers.

I suspect these will be Chiarellis targets. Adding any player above will not significantly affect the oilers current roster. I believe Chiarelli will look to add some of these guys, even at the price of a hefty contract. Good GMs get their team to this position and then trade off the players that are not intrinsic to the teams success. We have seen this process in Chicago, LA, even Chiarelli in BOS.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
How much would Lee Stempniak cost. A veteran scorer like him could be a nice fit here.

I just don't think that this is the type of player Chiarelli is looking to pursue. The Oilers will likely add 2-3 big, strong players who can move up and down the lineup.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Also a reported front runner on #1 NCAA FA Troy Stecher

Both from UND where Simpson is from.

Would both be solid adds for our prospect pool. 51 points in 39 games (25 goals). Seems like an Eberle type guy, maybe even a replacement if all goes right

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Also a reported front runner on #1 NCAA FA Troy Stecher

Both from UND where Simpson is from.

Would both be solid adds for our prospect pool. 51 points in 39 games (25 goals). Seems like an Eberle type guy, maybe even a replacement if all goes right

Now that is very interesting.

I wonder how much sway the chance to be NHL teammates would have with those guys?

IIRC only us and Van are reportedly in on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad