Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Our Offseason Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Blessing in disguise for that Russell trade is that theyll likely resign him over 1 of Demers of Gogliski due to giving up a boat load for Russell.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
I've been pondering the backup goalie situation the last few days. I've mentioned him before, but what a trade for about Neuvirth? He only has one more season at $1.625 million. This opens the door for Philly to go after one of Reimer or Andersen as both are after #1 roles. I want no part of Steve Mason; I'm surprised they waited until they were down 3-0 to give Neuvirth a start.

I would prefer to sign a free agent then spend assets on a backup. enhroth would be a good one.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Like maybe....

Eberle for Hamonic
Fayne + FLA 3rd for the rights to Demers and Goligoski (if DAL chooses to re-sign Kris Russell and can't afford the other 2)

Klefbom-Hamonic
Goligoski-Sekera
Davidson-Demers
Nurse/Gryba

If you're worried about future space for our younger D-men, remember: We always see injuries and the expansion draft is coming.

#lol Eberle for Hamomic yet again--not going to happen

dallas takes the third for the rights to the players--but they say no thanks to Fayne's contract

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There's just no way Nurse isn't on the team and doesn't flourish with legitimate defensive support. It's gobsmacking that people sell him short, seemingly because they can't comprehend that a 21-year-old Nurse struggled to play the most minutes of any rookie defensemen in the nhl on the league's second worst team. What a shocker. If the Oilers solidify their top pairing, then Nurse will be a legitimate 2nd paring Defenseman by mid-way next season. I mean, haven't we learned anything as Oilers observers? Highly talented young players will struggle without support.

Not disputing that and he could very well push his way up the lineup later in the season. Just saying that he shouldn't be given a top 4 spot to start the season, he's not good enough yet. It's not selling him short, it's being realistic.
If Nurse is in the top 4 to start the season, Chia didn't do his job.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Stauffer was weird yesterday

Did the whole, "...Tanner Pearson. Rememberrrrr That Naaaaaaaaame."

He's hinted a lot in the past, but I've never heard him so forthright as he's been over the past few weeks about Pearson, Vatanen, and now Barrie.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
#lol Eberle for Hamomic yet again--not going to happen

dallas takes the third for the rights to the players--but they say no thanks to Fayne's contract

RNH for Barrie and Klefbom for Hamonic, it'd really change the complexion of the defense. Plus the Oilers would still have a decent stock of LD in the system.

Sekera - Barrie
Nurse - Hamonic
Davidson - Fayne
Reinhart - Clendening(?)
(Pardy - Gryba)
Oesterle
Simpson
Musil
Laleggia

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

He's hinted a lot in the past, but I've never heard him so forthright as he's been over the past few weeks about Pearson, Vatanen, and now Barrie.

Maybe somebody who knows better than I can help, why would we be after Pearson?

He's average to below average size, 59 points in 146 games
:dunno:

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016

Did something similar today when talking about Russell returning to the lineup in Dallas tonight.

"Dallas faces Minnesota, Russel draws back in, he's a UFA this summer..... i'd rather have Jason Demers"

And trading Klefbom for Hamonic is an awful move. Nurse is barely ready for bottom pairing minutes let alone top-4 duty. Klefbom, at least when healthy, was a legit top-4 guy.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
He was very much a #1 d man here with Klefbom injured. He carried the heavy load his last ~20 games before injury and was looking better and better. The last few games before his injury he was so confident and poised with the puck. Looked like a worse-yet-still good version of Lidstrom. Calm, quick, smart. He didn't level anyone but made some solid hits. Intelligent reads behind the net. Reverses to his partner at perfect times. He almost never resorted to ringing it around the boards like the rest of our D. Honestly wonder where he learned how to do that because nobody else on our team has found out how to pass. Go reward his last say 10 games. Just his shifts. Shouldn't take long. He was an absolute stud back there while playing with ****. He was carrying his partners. In my opinion right now he could play as a #3 on L.A., a #4 on Chicago, a #3 on San Jose, a #3 on Dallas, a #3 on Washington, a #2 on Philly...the list goes on. The guy is easily a top 4 guy on playoff teams. Contending teams even. Go read articles about his play, go look at his advanced stats, and most importantly go look at the past games and watch him drag his partners out of the gutter and succeed. If he continues to grow as a player, we are in for a treat.
you are a funny man....C'mon...

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Pearson got a nice taste of what a long offseason was like last season and I think he really enjoyed it. Thats why he requested a trade to the Oilers.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Did something similar today when talking about Russell returning to the lineup in Dallas tonight.

"Dallas faces Minnesota, Russel draws back in, he's a UFA this summer..... i'd rather have Jason Demers"

And trading Klefbom for Hamonic is an awful move. Nurse is barely ready for bottom pairing minutes let alone top-4 duty. Klefbom, at least when healthy, was a legit top-4 guy.

Trading Klefbom for Harmonic makes perfect sense if we get a proven top notch offensive defenseman from somewhere else first. Don't think Barrie counts for that tho.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

What would LA want for Pearson? Vatanen or Barrie would be great.

Demers is likely the top RHD UFA this summer and he has history with Mclellan.

Pearson got a nice taste of what a long offseason was like last season and I think he really enjoyed it. Thats why he requested a trade to the Oilers.

:laugh: :handclap:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
What would LA want for Pearson? Vatanen or Barrie would be great.

He's said in the past that the choice LA wil have to make is signing Lucic vs keeping Pearson, King, and Clifford.
If that's the case I'd imagine a cheap an asset as possible. Reinhart + 3rd? 2nd? Makes the most sense

Demers is likely the top RHD UFA this summer and he has history with Mclellan.

:laugh: :handclap:
Yeah Demers has been the other one he's been going on about.

He's basically been saying the Oilers plan on signing one dman and trading for another.
Trade wise he's hinting
1. Vatanen
2. Barrie (it sounds like Barrie would actually be their first choice, but is dependant on if they trade Duchene for a d-man)
3. Faulk

Signing-wise he's only really mentioned Demers to my knowledge.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Demers could be a good safe one to sign.. Can even expose him to expansion draft without feeling too bad. Trade for a Dman we would want to protect (Hamonic\Vatanen\Trouba) and sign Demers.

Protect : Klefbom, (XXX), Sekera
expose: Davidson, Demers, Reinhart
exempt: Nurse

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's said in the past that the choice LA wil have to make is signing Lucic vs keeping Pearson, King, and Clifford.
If that's the case I'd imagine a cheap an asset as possible. Reinhart + 3rd? 2nd? Makes the most sense

Yeah Demers has been the other one he's been going on about.

He's basically been saying the Oilers plan on signing one dman and trading for another.
Trade wise he's hinting
1. Vatanen
2. Barrie (it sounds like Barrie would actually be their first choice, but is dependant on if they trade Duchene for a d-man)
3. Faulk

Signing-wise he's only really mentioned Demers to my knowledge.

I'd rather add Looch than take on Pearson.

Barrie or Faulk would be awesome but I don't see either happening.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I dont get the desire to trade Klefbom for Hamonic. First off, I doubt the Isles do that straight up - Hamonic is worth more on face value. Klefbom is a real up and comer - trading him for Hamonic or in any package is basically setting the Oilers back to square one.... Not adding a piece and still short two capable D. Any trade has to ADD to Klefbom, not move him.

If the Oil can add Vatanen or Hamonic through a trade, AND sign Demers, playoffs are not out of the realm of possibility.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I dont get the desire to trade Klefbom for Hamonic. First off, I doubt the Isles do that straight up - Hamonic is worth more on face value. Klefbom is a real up and comer - trading him for Hamonic or in any package is basically setting the Oilers back to square one.... Not adding a piece and still short two capable D. Any trade has to ADD to Klefbom, not move him.

If the Oil can add Vatanen or Hamonic through a trade, AND sign Demers, playoffs are not out of the realm of possibility.

We need to have some reasonable contracts as well so Klefbom could be one and Hamonic is one. I'm not a fan of moving Klefbom unless he's part of a multi player deal where we end up with a much better defenseman.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

I dont think anyone has suggested trading Klefbom for Hamonic without some other strong D man entering the equation for the oil. Harmonic is better but not offensively speaking and the Oilers need a guy that can put up more points.

Klefbom was looking great and has a solid contract but our left side is incredibly strong while our right incredibly weak. If we can somehow rearrange that to be more balanced we have to do that even if it means parting ways with Klefbom.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There's no way I trade Klefbom unless we're getting someone back of the caliber of Subban or Faulk. Otherwise, just no.

He's a guy we've drafted and developed. He has chemistry with guys on our team, and is a proven commodity on our team, which is something we can't say about guys like Hamonic, Barrie, Vatanen, etc. Who knows how they react to our team here. If we're getting those kind of players it should be with other assets. Chiarelli said himself he's trading forwards for defense. If D is traded out of here, it's not Klefbom.

Plus we will be in cap hell once McDavid's contract kicks in. Klefbom gave us a hometown deal that will help our cap for the next 7 years. As good as Hamonic's deal is, it's only 4 years more.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I could maybe see Yak for Pearson. LA seems to like our reclamation projects. Pearson is a Chia player. Not physical but great down low and along the boards, strong on his stick. He's a solid middle 6 player. I'd love to get Pearson, I'm not sure why LA would move him though.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Davidson is a fringe NHL'er on a top 10 team. The Oilers used so many horrible defenseman that made him look good.

There isn't one on the roster that I wouldn't ship out, yes including -
Klefbom - injury prone(50gp avg if we're lucky)
Nurse - spaz, but maybe he can become a #3
Sekera - 3/4 guy and will start declining
Davidson - bottom pairing

Theres no one safe on this roster with the exception of McDavid.

To a tee.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't know why the Oilers would be targetting Tanner Pearson. He'd be the Oilers 4th best left winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad