Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 - "Ross the Boss" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Why do people always add a d to Reinhart (Reinhardt) when one could misspell it as Reinheart, like Beefheart, instead?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
She went down the garbage chute.

We still don't know if they got to her before she made it to the incinerator, right?

"WONKA: Congratulations Charlie! My chocolate empire is yours
CHARLIE: That’s wondrous!
WONKA: Now, first thing will be handling this PR crisis.
CHARLIE: Wait, wha-
WONKA: A lot of kids just died in your factory, Charlie. And there’s a rumor that you apparently own slaves?"

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We still don't know if they got to her before she made it to the incinerator, right?

"WONKA: Congratulations Charlie! My chocolate empire is yours
CHARLIE: That’s wondrous!
WONKA: Now, first thing will be handling this PR crisis.
CHARLIE: Wait, wha-
WONKA: A lot of kids just died in your factory, Charlie. And there’s a rumor that you apparently own slaves?"
You should write the sequel.

Reactions: eoin92

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Why do people always add a d to Reinhart (Reinhardt) when one could misspell it as Reinheart, like Beefheart, instead?

Speaking of, Reinhart signed in the KHL with the Chinese team. I'm kinda surprised he couldn't even develop the foot speed to at least be a depth guy in the NHL.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Can't be any worse than the Tim Burton remake.

The Oompa Loompas try to unionize so Charlie uses Grandpa Joe's connection to the mob to help stop it. The chocolate river runs orange with the blood of the Oompa Loompas and uncle Vito gets poisoned by schnozberries. When the story reaches the climax, a twist occurs, the factory is shut down by big government because of a diabetes epidemic in the city. This causes both sides to come together and create an illegal candy operation, which sets up the sequel.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No, but not trying now, after Lee was re-signed, is a lot different than before is all I'm saying. I don't agree that Lamoriello won't make a move because of salary cap implications. I think he won't make a move unless it's the right/perfect move because of salary cap implications.
I understand your point about the budget before and after the Lee deal. And I am not saying the isles are not factoring in the expected raises to Barzal/Pulock when kicking the tires on new deals.

My point was that Lou's earlier attempts to add Panarin/Stone/EK showed no concern about future raises for Dobson & Wally. Or concern about blocking their paths. That excuse to brush aside Lou's failure to add an effective, quality , top 6 scorer after last season, does not hold up.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Who made that comment?
You and I were discussing standards. I posted I looked for Lou to improve the roster,build off last season.
You posted we all looked for that but not at the expense of not being able to extend our RFAs or blocking Dobson & Wally.
Lou's attempts at Panarin show those were not his concerns.
So, let's not use the excuse of " Lou did not pull off a impact move because he was worried about future payroll or blocking the kids"

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You and I were discussing standards. I posted I looked for Lou to improve the roster,build off last season.
You posted we all looked for that but not at the expense of not being able to extend our RFAs or blocking Dobson & Wally.
Lou's attempts at Panarin show those were not his concerns.
So, let's not use the excuse of " Lou did not pull off a impact move because he was worried about future payroll or blocking the kids"
Extend the 3 RFAs we have coming up this summer. And yes, not block Wahlstrom’s and Dobson’s path to the NHL with a player he had to sign for 2 or 3 years with a mid-range contract. And that’s not an excuse, that’s the right way to manage this roster. Get the elite player from outside the organization, fill the rest of the roster from within whenever possible.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
it would have to be a larger deal for sure

In all honesty a Ho Sang for Perlini then a (separate) Dal Colle for a draft pick might work. Power forwards like Perlini generally take longer to reach potential so it might be a case of buying cheap

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
How long have you been posting here?

The answer is yes. Yes, people think like this. Yes. They do.

I wonder if these people have ever decided to have a piece of pie or something at lunch with the idea that they'll have a light dinner that night. Or, it must be, I either eat 10 pieces of pie at lunch and nothing for dinner or I have no lunch and a bucket of fried chicken for dinner. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
She went down the garbage chute.
Daddy I want an Oompa Loompa now!!
enhanced-buzz-23145-1381347727-7.jpg

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
While I would do that trade without thinking if I didn't consider other stuff, do we have a roster spot for Perlini?

If he's as sound as Dal Colle defensively he's an upgrade, as he's hit 10+ goals each of his 3 NHL seasons. Ho-Sang and Dal Colle for Perlini and a 2nd could be interesting. Also have to keep in mind Ladd is coming back by early December if things work out. 3rd line is getting crowded. Finding a true 3C (maybe Cizikas between Ladd and Wahlstrom would be a possibility?) makes a big difference if Cizikas is never going to get his shot there.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'd prefer to not get Perlini. He's too inconsistent. I'd prefer to go for Pageau and Kapanen. That would solidify our 3rd line like never before.

Kapanen - Pageau - Beau/Johnston/Bailey/anyone

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'd like Perlini on this team. Consider how Trotz turned Nelson from a soft periferal player into arguably our best defensive forward I think it would pay off. I'd send MDC and JHS for Perlini and a fifth.

Perlini is a toolsy, no toolbox player. He is often the fastest guy on the ice who is always behind the play. I don't know if there are players with worse hockey sense in the league. Ho-Sang is a better player even if he hardly shoots and fails defensively.

Only way I'd do it is if we could transplant Martin's brain into Perlini's body.

I'd prefer to not get Perlini. He's too inconsistent. I'd prefer to go for Pageau and Kapanen. That would solidify our 3rd line like never before.

Pageau is a guy who would complete this forward unit, for sure. But he's easily OTT's most in-demand asset at the deadline. You'd have to overpay in a huge way to get him this early in the season. Good teams will line up to acquire him at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad