Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 - "Ross the Boss" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We're close to another season beginning and the official roster was just announced, so now it's time for another thread to kick off the start of the season.

Here's our roster to start the year:

FORWARDS (14)
Josh Bailey
Mathew Barzal
Anthony Beauvillier
Derick Brassard
Casey Cizikas
Cal Clutterbuck
Michael Dal Colle
Jordan Eberle
Ross Johnston
Leo Komarov
Tom Kuhnhackl
Anders Lee
Matt Martin
Brock Nelson

DEFENSEMEN (7)
Johnny Boychuk
Noah Dobson
Nick Leddy
Scott Mayfield
Adam Pelech
Ryan Pulock
Devon Toews

GOALTENDERS (2)
Thomas Greiss
Semyon Varlamov

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Any information about what they will do with Simon Holmstrom? HV71 or Bridgeport!?

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Not gonna lie, not seeing Hickey on the roster makes me so very happy. For so long, I have been looking forward to the day he gets pushed off the roster.

Our top-6 is rock solid and we have Dobson. Me likey a lot.

Same but I do like he's our #8 and can help some of the kids in the A develop as pro hockey players andwhen injuries happen, he can be a gap starter (as long as it's not in the playoffs)

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
With Hickey down, I officially don't hate anyone on the roster...assuming Nelson doesn't regress.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
I’m really hoping someone is able to push Komarov off the roster by the end of the year. I know some of you like him but I’m so sick of his dumb penalties. Yuck.

Reactions: 12Dog

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I’m really hoping someone is able to push Komarov off the roster by the end of the year. I know some of you like him but I’m so sick of his dumb penalties. Yuck.
Guy is good/above average penalty killer and a good defensive forward I actually think with brassard and MDC he fits pretty good if he gets 30 points again like last year I think he is fine there to be honest.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Fair point. My recollection is that many of his dumbest and most ill-timed penalties came late in the season when he was wearing down physically and reaching. He's going to be in there, we know that, but hopefully some creative use of the roster depth can keep him a little fresher and put some performance pressure on him so perhaps we'll see less stupidity. BT has to have talked to him about it, maybe even put him on notice about it.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I have no problems if we trade Hickey for a late pick. he really is redundant.

From what I've seen, both Aho and Hutton could replace him for less money.

Winnipeg is so hurting for defence. A 5th would be nice.

Funny... the Leafs could use some experience on D, but can't afford Hickey, lol.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018

Funny... the Leafs could use some experience on D, but can't afford Hickey, lol.
But why would anyone trade anything for Hickey when they could of had him for nothing,,,,the guy just passed thru waivers

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
But why would anyone trade anything for Hickey when they could of had him for nothing,,,,the guy just passed thru waivers
They can't afford his salary, because they are almost 14 mil over the cap, and have two rookies on defence (19 and 20 year olds), so they could use some experience there.

Honestly, I have no idea what they are going to do. Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: CBG

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
There are some teams that are going to ice atrocious defenses and are either rushing young players or trying to get by with AHL/NHL tweeners.

At some point you have to think they will come around and look to sacrifice some offense to shore up their defense.

That is hopefully when the Isles can make a good trade to add a top-six forward and round out the team.

Reactions: dood

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

I look at WPG, I see Leddy as a good fit. They play an uptempo style, he’ll fit right in; replace Buff.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I look at WPG, I see Leddy as a good fit. They play an uptempo style, he’ll fit right in; replace Buff.
Only problem is the Jets need RHD not LHD, beyond that their second biggest need is Centers which we have a very short supply of

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Because some teams can't take on a contract without sending one back. Some teams can't take on his ( albeit meager ) salary without sending salary back.
Contract limits and salary caps/internal budgets can be a real pain in ass at times.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
It is like nobody even watched the preseason......Leddy isn't going anywhere...enough already.......Aho was cut early in camp and Dobson/Hutton play the right side......if they were going to trade Leddy it would have at least been an appearance of such in the preseason.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Only problem is the Jets need RHD not LHD, beyond that their second biggest need is Centers which we have a very short supply of

They need both - but if you look beyond handedness - They need a PMD to QB their PP- otherwise they have Pionk on that first unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad