Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Trade deadline edition. home stretch Mod warning 593

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
He's telling his team there's no pressure. Just go out there and play your game.

This team has had zero pressure to do anything but collect draft picks for nearly ten years. Pressure is overdue.

For years we've dreamed what our team can do in the playoffs. Now it's time to see.

Me, personally, I'd prefer the best team. You can't tell me we would not be much improved with an experienced backup to spell off Talbot and a third line winger... to say nothing of the D.

Like I said, Mike Chiarelli better have some rabbits in his hat or this was a wasted opportunity to improve substantially with little relative cost.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Colorado is done. Caps are done. Sabres didn't make a trade and Kulikov/Franson stay put according to Friedman.
MTL's also done.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Well I'm definitely disappointed this deadline. Management obviously don't believe we can win this year. Did nothing to inspire confidence in players.

NHLers aren't little children that need to be lied to and coddled in order for them to function. They will play their game, try to win games, make it to the playoffs and then see what they can really do.

And if anything, this shows that Chiarelli is fine with the team moving forward this year and could in fact inspire them in this manner.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Doesn't sound like much. Friedman says ANA might have done a minor league trade.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
Well I'm definitely disappointed this deadline. Management obviously don't believe we can win this year. Did nothing to inspire confidence in players.

Or maybe management believes we can win this year with what we have and that will inspire confidence in the players.

Just a thought.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This is a **** deadline.

Can you believe it's been over ten years since the Smyth trade?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

really? I think his not making moves might inspire confidence in the players. gives the impression management believes in them.

and I hate to break it to you, but nobody believes the oilers can win this year. they are not cup contenders.

I think this is better for the team. be good to see who steps it up in the playoffs before trading them.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pouliot DD Hemsky is way too soft as a 3rd line. Kassian makes that line much more functional than Hemsky.

Kassian is a fourth liner. Expect any more from him in the playoffs and you're going to have a bad time.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I just don't get the Parenteau thing.. cheap player, can provide secondary scoring, can skate. And for a 5th round pick? Why wouldn't you make that deal? Bleh.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers have a much better chance of catching the Sharks for 1st in the Pacific than falling out of a playoff spot.

Oilers are better now that they were yesterday imo. Desharnais makes them better in theh bottom 6 and Fontaine is a good depth addition if needed.

Now they just have to stay healthy (knock on wood).. and I think we are in for a fun ride down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Who do the Flames sit to get Lazar in? Bouma?

Flames just traded a second and a good prospect D to acquire a player who has one assist this year and is worse than the guy they will have to take out of the line-up.

Stupid trade.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This team has had zero pressure to do anything but collect draft picks for nearly ten years. Pressure is overdue.

Why on Earth would you put pressure on this team to win now? We've already exceeded expectations. Time to see what the boys can do.

Me, personally, I'd prefer the best team. You can't tell me we would not be much improved with an experienced backup to spell of Talbot and a third line winger... to say nothing of it the D.

Like I said, Mike Chiarelli better have some rabbits in his hat or this was a wasted opportunity to improve substantially with little relative cost.

A backup would've been nice but it's not the end of the world. If Talbot is tired he sure isn't showing it. What's wrong with the D?

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Chiaturd is surely preparing us for a cup run. Desharnais AND Fontaine. Wow speedyturtle was absolutely correct, this is interesting.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton

Me, personally, I'd prefer the best team. You can't tell me we would not be much improved with an experienced backup to spell of Talbot and a third line winger... to say nothing of it the D.

What deals were made today that would have improved our team "substantially"? None is the answer. I'm sorry, but it was pretty clear that nothing big was going to happen this year due to the expansion draft. The salary cap was difficult to manage when first brought in, and now they have to deal with that as well as what the expansion draft will do to teams all over the NHL. Doesn't surprise me that nothing big happened. Would be nice to see a backup trade come in after the deadline though.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Who do the Flames sit to get Lazar in? Bouma?

Flames just traded a second and a good prospect D to acquire a player who has one assist this year and is worse than the guy they will have to take out of the line-up.

Stupid trade.
The Flamers have always been riverboat gamblers ie. Jankowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad