Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Trade deadline edition. home stretch Mod warning 593

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
From last thread:
Apparently Slepy is exempt too. But I would like to entertain idea of protecting Khaira over Letestu. Eventhough Letestu has been really good for us, he is 32 year old 4th line center who has 1 year remaining. Why would Vegas select him when he is most likely going to leave after 1 year? Pretty much would be wasted selection. And I think Khaira will replace him eventually. So losing Letestu wouldn't even hurt that much.

Vegas is going to want a veteran presence on their team. Letestu provides a lot of versatility as a 4th line center. Cheap contract, plays both PK and PP, is strong on faceoffs and is producing at an outstanding clip offensively considering his minutes.

With no offense at all intended to Khaira, I'd be very surprised if he ever comes close to the type of offensive contributions that Letestu makes in the NHL. Testube is on pace for 40 points this year and 17 or so goals, and it's not like this season is entirely an anomaly. He's produced at a ~30+ point pace his entire career.

Letestu is my #6 forward for protection imo. Ahead of Khaira and Kassian for sure.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Will Chia make any more additions?

You gotta think a backup goalie?

I'd still love a veteran 3rd line RW and maybe a bottom pairing vet on the backend with playoff experience so we don't need to see Gryba on the ice anymore.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Someone in the last thread mentioned protecting Kassian, but I believe he'll have to be exposed to meet the 70/30 requirements. Unless they re-sign DD or Hendricks, they'll likely use Kassian, Pouliot and Fayne to meet those.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Why protect Letesteu? He's an Edmontonian. He will be back even if Vegas takes him

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
During the Sportsnet telecast, he said something along the lines of, "We're still looking at a few things. I've maintained all along that this group deserves additions".

So yes, the Oilers will make trades tmrw. The media speculated it will be a backup goalie and a 3rw.

My guess? Hansen and Halak.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
During the Sportsnet telecast, he said something along the lines of, "We're still looking at a few things. I've maintained all along that this group deserves additions".

So yes, the Oilers will make trades tmrw. The media speculated it will be a backup goalie and a 3rw.

My guess? Hansen and Halak.

Hansen got traded to SJ

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
With the sharks acquiring Hansen, apparently they were on Iginla before too. Oilers are on Iginla according to Commodore (could be lying) but anybody else think Iginla and Halak may be oilers tomorrow?

sdeol44

Sep 2, 2010
Will Chia make any more additions?

I would think so. I personally feel that's why Davidson was dealt for DD instead of picks , just so we can keep a little space in how many contracts we currently have.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I hope Chia doesn't get into an auction with CGY over Halak. Let them overpay and deal with him next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad