Rumor: Rumors & Proposal Thread V | Would You "Luuuuuuuu"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
CAR prolly doesn't trade Faulk but if we retained on Nuge I think they would have to consider a possible deal:

Nuge $3 mil (retain 50%)
Yak $1.5 (retain 50%)
draft pick/prospect
for
Faulk

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Schenn actually increased his point total every year he's been in the league. I always saw him being a consistent 60pt guy, even though he has yet to prove it

What do you think the Flyers plan for Matt Read is? Seems like a guy who could use a change of scenery.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Not that these are the only options....but hypothetically which roster would you rather?

Hall-Draisaitl-Maroon
Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Dubois-Shaw-Pakarinen
Hendricks-Lander-Kassian

Klefbom-Vatanen
Sekera-Trouba
Davidson-Gryba
(Nurse is gone)

Talbs

vs.

Hall-Nugent Hopkins-Draisaitl
Maroon-McDavid-Nash
Pouliot-Hanzal-Pakarinen
Hendricks-Lander-Kassian

Klefbom-Stone
Sekera-Klein
Nurse-Davidson
(Reinhart is replaced by Sergachev)

Talbs

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What do you think the Flyers plan for Matt Read is? Seems like a guy who could use a change of scenery.

Read could most likely be had for something akin to a 2nd or 3rd. Obviously he wouldn't get Edmonton's second.

The monkey wrench in this is the expansion draft rules. They may need his salary to expose.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
CAR prolly doesn't trade Faulk but if we retained on Nuge I think they would have to consider a possible deal:

Nuge $3 mil (retain 50%)
Yak $1.5 (retain 50%)
draft pick/prospect
for
Faulk

****ing stupid.

You want to trade perfectly good players and retain 3+million for multiple years, get a grip.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Nuge $3 mil (retain 50%)
Yak $1.5 (retain 50%)
draft pick/prospect
for
Faulk

So the Oilers would pay Nuge 3M a year until 2021? No thanks.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Read could most likely be had for something akin to a 2nd or 3rd. Obviously he wouldn't get Edmonton's second.

The monkey wrench in this is the expansion draft rules. They may need his salary to expose.

The salary exposed stuff was taken out of the expansion rules.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Ohh good point, that never crossed my mind. If you need salary I got a spare Korpikoski kickin' around ;)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
When you are looking at Carolina tho, the situation is a lot different than normal teams. Their motivation and priority is probably not the cap or icing the max best team they could. It almost entirely comes down to strict cash money. 36 million is what theyll be looking at, not the cap, not development of some of the players. If you cant stay afloat and cant afford to keep the team, all of your "team" building is moot, because you dont have a team. Much like Pronger in St.Lious, it comes down to $$. I cant name any off the top of my head, but there is problem a couple other big deals that had money as biggest motivator (Gretzky). At that point, the owners arent thinking about whether a #4D can handle more minutes or not

But this is all speculation. There is some smoke Faulk is available, and the Canes ownership is a complete mess. But any more is just fan speculation

If Carolina want to shed money there's much better guys to move than Faulk. If they move him they might just as well re-locate the franchise.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The salary exposed stuff was taken out of the expansion rules.

You are, of course, correct. I completely forgot. So yeah, his value is probably something between a mid-late 2nd and a 3rd. I would not personally move him for that, but that is about all you can reasonably expect.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015

I think they'll end up keeping him, could easily see him being moved if the price was something Hexy liked

oilcountry17

Aug 27, 2007
edmonton
Would Hall and Nurse for Faulk and Skinner work for both sides with Carolina money issues they do same 2 mill in ca space doing this trade as well
Or Hall + Musil to Philly for Raffl Read Provorov
Then Nurse + 32 for Hamonic

Last edited:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Here is my outlandish off season trade proposal. And 100% this team will win the cup. A mix of what I want and what I feel will happen. I did this in 2013 and was about 3 for 6.

RNH for Barrie
Sign Demers
Trade Yakupov for a project D like Colin Miller (52 points in 70 ahl games, 16 points in 42 NHL games)
Sign R.Vrbata 2 years * 3.5 mil per- bet on a bounce back on his #s. Extremely low and unlucky s% numbers
Sign J. McGinn 3 years * 3.5 mil- depth guy
Draft Tkachuk 4th overall
Trade 2nd for A Shaw

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Hall-Drasaitl-Vrbata
Pouliot-Shaw-McGinn
Pakarianen-Letesu-Kassian

Klefbom-Barrie
Sekera-Demers
Davidson-Fayne/Miller

Talbot

Top 6 and the defense is way too soft to compete in the Pacific. Barrie is playing above his head and will not bring out the best in Klefbom. Sekera/Demers will have trouble transitioning the puck. Vrbata is not the good two-way player Hall and Draisaitl need as a RW. 3rd line has no one who can make plays and distribute the puck.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If Carolina want to shed money there's much better guys to move than Faulk. If they move him they might just as well re-locate the franchise.

Staal and Skinner are only guys who makes more money. The entire rest of forward core makes under 2M and apart from Hainsey with 1 more, the entire D core makes under 1 M

Staal is logical to offload if you want to free up most money. But he is a cap dump at this point. You will have to pay someone to take him off your books with no cap coming back.

Skinner is also a guy to trade, but being he is the only offensive minded player on Canes, you just cripple your league worst offense even more

Faulk is in a spot where hed return the most (3rd overall or Drasaitl as a base)

I think you are overvaluing Falk here. His 15 ES points ranks him 65th in league for D. Under Polak and Bartkowski. His possession numbers are not amazing. Hes a 51% possession player, but so are 4 other D on his team. His CorsiRel is #1 on his team, but barely and there are 3 or 4 D extremely close to him

If you compare his numbers to Barries actually, Barrie comes out signficatly ahead. Way higher even strength numbers, similar possession numbers

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Top 6 and the defense is way too soft to compete in the Pacific. Barrie is playing above his head and will not bring out the best in Klefbom. Sekera/Demers will have trouble transitioning the puck. Vrbata is not the good two-way player Hall and Draisaitl need as a RW. 3rd line has no one who can make plays and distribute the puck.

1. Good thing we play other conferences. The size thing is really overblown and we have Maroon, Drasaitl, Hall all in top 6. Plus Pouliot or McGinn if need be
2. Barrie is a outright 1st pairing D. Him playing 2nd pairing is overkill
3. Why would they have trouble transitioning? if they havent had issues speratly in past
4. True but you have enough 2 way in bottom 6 and still need scoring. Eriksson is far better option but will cost big $ and likelihood we dont land him. Ditto for Okposo or really any FA forward
5. All 3 are good players, Pouliot is a top 6 winger playing 3rd line minutes and a great puck mover

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009

Nuge $3 mil (retain 50%)
Yak $1.5 (retain 50%)
draft pick/prospect
for
Faulk

Lol.

One of the most lopsided deals I've ever seen.
I'd ask if you're day drinking but... I don't think its just that...

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Actually you know what. The more I look into it, the more Im thinking screw Faulk. Barrie just continues to have extremely solid numbers. Assuming he comes cheaper, go for him instead

Semi interesting stat of the day: Hamonic is the only D in the NHL with over 50 mins on PP and 0 PP points

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Actually you know what. The more I look into it, the more Im thinking screw Faulk. Barrie just continues to have extremely solid numbers. Assuming he comes cheaper, go for him instead

Semi interesting stat of the day: Hamonic is the only D in the NHL with over 50 mins on PP and 0 PP points

Hamonic is a pretty good #2 defenceman, on a good deal, and continues to be the #1 most overrated player in the entire league.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hamonic is a pretty good #2 defenceman, on a good deal, and continues to be the #1 most overrated player in the entire league.

He is solid but yeah a bit over hyped. Although on general trade boards Faulk is stealing that honor. For an elite D he doesnt post very elite numbers

Ill just leave this Dreger piece here:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-aggressive-offers-made-blue-jackets-top-pick/

“I know that there are aggressive offers being made for the Blue Jackets’ third pick overall. I don’t believe the Blue Jackets are even remotely close to considering moving that pick, but they have to listen, right? That’s a club that’s got some great young players coming through the American Hockey League. They’re developing the right way. But they’re not there yet. And so because of that, they’re just doing due diligence and being responsible and listening. But it would take an unbelievable deal for Jarmo Kekalainen to move the third pick overall.

“Edmonton is more eager to move. They’re not shopping the fourth pick overall, but certainly willing to listen. And obviously they would want a defenseman in return, whoever that might be.

“Vancouver is similar. Vancouver likes fifth overall. They know they’re getting a very, very good player, but Jim Benning did not like being part of the non-playoff picture in the National Hockey League. He’s going to do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn’t happen again.

-Columbus listening to offers but itll take a lot *yawn*
-Oilers 4th is in play and they are listening but not shopping, want a D *yawn*
-Benning shopping 5th because he wants to be in playoffs next year. Wait hold the phone?! Thatd be awesome if Vancouver dealt 5th overall to try and rush rebuild. 5th overall for Hamonic would be just that move

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Nuge $3 mil (retain 50%)
Yak $1.5 (retain 50%)
draft pick/prospect
for
Faulk

You realise that means you're essentially paying 9.3 mill a year for Faulks contract right?

Faulk is starting to get stupidly overrated around here.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
You realise that means you're essentially paying 9.3 mill a year for Faulks contract right?

Faulk is starting to get stupidly overrated around here.

Fair enough. Bad proposal. Yak is useless piece. Worth nothing in the NHL. He's worth a 2rd pick (maybe). Nuge himself doesn't get Faulk but the $3 mil retain for 5 years would be tough.

And to some of the other posters....lol at you keyboard gangsters.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Would Hall and Nurse for Faulk and Skinner work for both sides with Carolina money issues they do same 2 mill in ca space doing this trade as well
Or Hall + Musil to Philly for Raffl Read Provorov
Then Nurse + 32 for Hamonic

Provorov is not remotely available. Yes, I understand this rightly means #4 and Hall are not either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad