Rumor: Rumors & Proposal Thread V | Would You "Luuuuuuuu"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Last thread hit 1k. [LINK]

Continue here.

I would deal Drai for PK in a heartbeat

Me too. Unfortunately I think it would be something like Drai, Klef/Nurse, 4OA for Subban and 9OA.

Hell, I'd still do that without hesitation. Use 9OA to take one of the defencemen.

Says the guy who thinks Yakupov returns Rick Nash.

anytime you can add a d like sub u do it

I can't believe we A) traded for him B) Paid that much. The Oilers had to have watched him with the Oil Kings right? He was so overrated

I would make this move quite easily

A 2nd at most. ARI fans like every other team drafting after 5 don't think there's a big difference between Tkachuk, PLD, Nylander, Sergachev, Joulevi, Brown, and Chycrun

I'd do the bold for Subban+9th no questions asked.

I would hope that any trade for Subban would involve Montreal retaining salary.

I wish but.... salary would be the biggest reason they would trade him, i for one would bite the bullet , but thats a lot of money

yeah but those 23% of teams (7/30) likely account for 40% of league revenue

I think this is one of the most realistic deals I have seen involving PK
Offers I have seen on HF have just been crazy

He's not saying anything there that we didn't already know.

Not what I hope will happen. But what I think will happen.

Hall-Draisaitl-Wingels
Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-Nielson-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen

Klefbom-Barrie
Sekera-???
Davidson-Nurse
Gryba

???=Trade from Pouliot
Don't think the Oilers have much Interest in Demers since Stauffer rarely/never mentions him on his show.

If a team needs a dman then the 4th isn't important if they want the best fwd then there is a big difference

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
If Edmonton is on Hanzal's list then I would think long and hard about him if Nuge is traded. Yes he is very injury prone but that might be in our favour (decreases his value). If a 2nd + a prospect is what it takes then I would definitely do that trade.

I'm also in favor of signing Lucic even if it is 6 million per for 4 or 5 years. What would guys say to front loading the contract the first 2 or 3 years so the last couple are less? That way when Mcdavid's contract is up in 2 years Lucic will be making less than 6. Thoughts?

A team with Lucic, Maroon, Hanzal and Kassian on it is going to be tough to play against.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
I don't see a trade with Buf, they most definitely want a Dman, probably Juolevi given he's a Fin and the safest best to become a good #2-3. And have no incentive to move up because I'm 99% sure he will be there at 8. Ari might pick him, so if anything I'd see Buf trade with Calgary to move ahead of Ari. Moving back to 9 is too far IMO because then you're behind 2 teams who will prob take a Dman. It's unfortunate that the teams in 5-7 are all in our division because nobody will be willing to give up anything significant to move up, and we don't want to be giving them players like Tkachuk and Dubois for nothing. This is assuming a trade down would have us picking a Dman.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
If Edmonton is on Hanzal's list then I would think long and hard about him if Nuge is traded. Yes he is very injury prone but that might be in our favour (decreases his value). If a 2nd + a prospect is what it takes then I would definitely do that trade.

I'm also in favor of signing Lucic even if it is 6 million per for 4 or 5 years. What would guys say to front loading the contract the first 2 or 3 years so the last couple are less? That way when Mcdavid's contract is up in 2 years Lucic will be making less than 6. Thoughts?

A team with Lucic, Maroon, Hanzal and Kassian on it is going to be tough to play against.

Gonna be weird to hear media talk about the "Big Bad Oilers." I imagine the entire bottom 6 and 4+ of the regular D will also be 6'2 210lb+ and physical.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Gonna be weird to hear media talk about the "Big Bad Oilers." I imagine the entire bottom 6 and 4+ of the regular D will also be 6'2 210lb+ and physical.

I can just imagine the space and time that those players would buy for Mcdavid. Also nobody would take dare take a run at him.

The big bad Oilers :laugh: :cry:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Jet Walters said:
Says the guy who thinks Yakupov returns Rick Nash

I don't think I ever did say he would straight up. But in terms of asset management, that looks a whole lot better than blowing a huge wad of assets on another year one magic bean.

"I don't like these prospects anymore, let's get a new one."

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think someone more confident in their ability to compete will offer more for Hanzal than we would. And honestly a year away from free agency, Hanzal probably wants to go somewhere where he has more of a chance of success so he can earn a big pay day in a years time.

He'd be a great option as a replacement for Nuge if Nuge was traded, but I just don't see it happening.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

The only upside to frontloading the deal would be that it would be easier to move him to a budget team later in the deal. Hopefully we could add Shaw as well. That'd be one nasty team to play against

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Am I the only one who saw the "Luuuuuuuu" in the title and assumed that some rumour had popped up about Roberto Luongo coming here? :laugh:

Seriously though, the end of the month can't come soon enough. Eskimos home opener and NHL draft on the same day!

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Am I the only one who saw the "Luuuuuuuu" in the title and assumed that some rumour had popped up about Roberto Luongo coming here? :laugh:

Seriously though, the end of the month can't come soon enough. Eskimos home opener and NHL draft on the same day!

Same. Never heard anyone refer to Lucic with that moniker

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
The only upside to frontloading the deal would be that it would be easier to move him to a budget team later in the deal. Hopefully we could add Shaw as well. That'd be one nasty team to play against

The other upside for us is that if Lucic does decline in say 3 years, he'll be making less money.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
Any deal for Subban has to include some retention by Montreal: $1.5 - 2 Million in salary, and all of his puke-worthy attitude. Otherwise... NO DEAL!!!

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
He'd be okay. He's not very good at the 'playing defence' side of the job, though.

His shot suppression and shot creation charts aren't terribly good, but he did face 1st pairing quality of competition last year, if put in a 2nd pairing role he might be able to handle and thrive better in that role. If rumors of us being in the hunt for Gudbranson are true and it was confirmed we were interested Hamonic before that, Savard fits in that general archetype that Chia looks to be wanting to add. The best part about acquiring Savard is CBJ is so tight against the cap he could probably be had for nothing off of the active roster, maybe something similar to the Boychuk deal but a little lighter on picks since he's not as good or as proven.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Only if the Leafs have interest in Mark Fayne

FTFY

No pick

I actually think Bozak would be a great fit on the 3rd line if Nuge is dealt. Good on the dot, and his own zone but can play a skill game as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad