Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Throw Connor a Frickin Bone Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It’s a dumb article because Florida won’t be selling. For one they want in on couch Q and a 10.5M goalie, Connolly, among other pickups, to try and show what they have for a fan base their they are a winning team.

For 2 they are 2 points back of Toronto for the 3 spot in the Atlantic right now with a game in hand, why would they trade a top 6 FWD?

Your guess is as good as mine...I would take Hoffman in a heartbeat though. I don't know if the Panthers need to address a hole somewhere else where they feel they could let Hoffman go when they're battling for a playoff spot, especially when their next two games are against Anaheim and LA. Those two games are the low hanging fruit to usurp the Leafs out of the #3 spot, if Toronto continues to be Jekyl & Hyde this last week going into the deadline.

Last edited:

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Your guess is as good as mine...I would take Hoffman in a heartbeat though. I don't know if the Panthers need to address a hole somewhere else where they feel they could let Hoffman go when they're battling for a playoff spot, especially when their next two games are against Anaheim and LA. Those two games are the low hanging fruit to usurp the Leafs out of the #3 spot, if Toronto continues to be Jekyl & Hyde this last week going into the deadline.
Imagine our line up with Hoffman?

Hoffman/McD/Kassian
RNH/Drai/Yammo
Neal/Sheahan/Archi
Cannon fodder/Haas/Chiasson

That top nine is pretty decent. Or you could swap Kassian and Neal around, either way that is a pretty impressive group.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine our line up with Hoffman?

Hoffman/McD/Kassian
RNH/Drai/Yammo
Neal/Sheahan/Archi
Cannon fodder/Haas/Chiasson

That top nine is pretty decent. Or you could swap Kassian and Neal around, either way that is a pretty impressive group.
Neal has to be going to Florida if Hoffman is coming this way.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Neal has to be going to Florida if Hoffman is coming this way.

If Florida was dumb enough to take that even better!
I love what Neal has done but could you imagine the out rage the team south of us would have if we somehow, someway turned Neal into Hoffman and they stay stuck with Lucic?

Hoffman/McD/Kass
Nuge/Drai/Yams
Benson/Sheahan/Archi
???/Haas/Chiasson

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think Holland is in a really good spot considering his style.

Sure, some guys would be better players/fits, but really they just need anyone with some top6 skill to play beside McDavid.

Wait until all the buyers spend an arm and a leg on their guys and then pick up someone who is leftover when there's no one else driving up the price.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Florida is the 2nd deepest team offensively... 9 players with 30+ pts this season.

Only TB has more after acquiring Coleman they now have 10 players with 30+ pts.

Florida needs help defensively as they have given up the 3rd most GA in the NHL.

Might be a trade there with an excess offensive piece coming from Florida and a defensive piece going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad