Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Throw Connor a Frickin Bone Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have a feeling it's going to be Athanasiou

I wasnt a fan of Holland doing this when his name first came up as a possibility but I really am warming up to the idea.
Anthanasiou clearly has talent and maybe with some structure he can find his game.
I cant think of a better person than Tippett to help with that.

Assuming the price is fair then I would be all over it.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Mcdavid also once said his ideal linemate would be milan lucic, until he got to play with him.
Besides that, what does "heavily implied" even mean? Do you have some quotes or anything to back up Mcdavid somehow giving us the idea that if he could choose to play with anyone, it would be Kassian and Neal? I understand they're popular in the room, and I'm sure Mcdavid probably enjoys having them around, but he knows as well as anyone that no line in the NHL lasts very long. He also doesn't seem like the kind of person to demand linemates. He wants the team to win, or you would have seen him pouting when they took drai off his line and he started looking like the second best player on the team.

After the trade there were tons of reports that McDavid had lots of contact and have been friends for awhile.

Where as Lucic had to be convinced to go to the Flames by everyone.

Everyone and their dog said Neal was traded for Lucic because their top 6 was full and ours was open for Neal...

I'm not saying McDavid demanded anything, just that McDavid almost certainly approved with the intent to have him a linemate at some point.

Heck it was often reported that Neal was brought in to be McDavids winger.

A ton of smoke. Who knows what the real story is but it was heavily implied.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
After the trade there were tons of reports that McDavid had lots of contact and have been friends for awhile.

Where as Lucic had to be convinced to go to the Flames by everyone.

Everyone and their dog said Neal was traded for Lucic because their top 6 was full and ours was open for Neal...

I'm not saying McDavid demanded anything, just that McDavid almost certainly approved with the intent to have him a linemate at some point.

Heck it was often reported that Neal was brought in to be McDavids winger.

A ton of smoke. Who knows what the real story is but it was heavily implied.

I think if you asked McDavid if he’d like to just make the playoffs playing with his buddies or win a cup with them on different lines, I think we all know what his answer would be.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
If that happens Holland should be fired and I’m not being sarcastic.

If you wanted Kovy you should’ve got him when he was available for free.

Man, Kovy picked his spot. He was a free agent. How do you know Holland didn't offer?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Athanasiou will not be a good fit for McDavid, and he's not needed for our second line.

I don't see the point of adding him unless we're giving him third line duties to push play.

Give me the good Granlund.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I still don't understand why the Rangers would give up Buchnevich, but god damn would I love for him to join us.

Reactions: Samus44

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I trust Kenny. He's just waiting for the 4-8 teams to blow their load. Then he’ll probably come in and scoop 1-2 guys at a discount when the other teams panic sell

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm a little against the grain I guess.. but I think a solid puck moving dman would do this team the most good.

They need someone with a shot from the point as they STILL don't really have that element after how many years?

Was Souray 90 years ago the last time they had a legit point blast option.

I think Bouchard will have that... but I don't know if the Oilers are ready to bring him up soon or not (I probably would).

That would be my focus though... find someone with a decent point shot to add that extra element to the team which I think could legitimately put this team over the top because it's much harder for teams to just focus on McDavid/Drai if they also have a bomb option from the point on D.

I'd even go with an aging 2nd rate option... doesn't have to be a top tier expensive guy (which they can't really afford anyway).

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I bet we end up with Kovy. Would have so many options on the power play
I want nothing do with Kovy, he had a hot start in Montreal but has dropped off and if I’m not mistaken he’s barely above his PPG in LA now, who would rather pay him not to be on the team. The only reason Kovy is getting any notice right now is the Montreal fan base and media is trying to shove it down everyone’s throats that he’s worth something.

He’s getting spoon fed top minutes on a bad offensive team, he wouldn’t get that same opportunity and long leash with Tip I suspect.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I like AA’s speed and goal scoring ability off the rush but that’s about it. Plus as I have mentioned, Holland went through a nightmare negotiation with Darren Ferris on AA’s last deal, I doubt he wants to trade for him just to do it all over again.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'm a little against the grain I guess.. but I think a solid puck moving dman would do this team the most good.

They need someone with a shot from the point as they STILL don't really have that element after how many years?

Was Souray 90 years ago the last time they had a legit point blast option.

I think Bouchard will have that... but I don't know if the Oilers are ready to bring him up soon or not (I probably would).

That would be my focus though... find someone with a decent point shot to add that extra element to the team which I think could legitimately put this team over the top because it's much harder for teams to just focus on McDavid/Drai if they also have a bomb option from the point on D.

I'd even go with an aging 2nd rate option... doesn't have to be a top tier expensive guy (which they can't really afford anyway).

Theoretically who do you bring in though and where to they slot in? 2nd rate offensive defensemen usually lack on the defensive side of the puck which I don't think is what the Oilers would want/need.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I trust Kenny. He's just waiting for the 4-8 teams to blow their load. Then he’ll probably come in and scoop 1-2 guys at a discount when the other teams panic sell

Yup. The prices usually go way down by the deadline.

I remember we were excited about the seller's market when Maroon was being shopped, but by the time he was moved, almost every buyer already had their guys, so there was basically no market for him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I suspect this. Also as more buyers get their players and more teams pull the plug on their season, things will open up. It can quickly turn to a buyer's market. Losing teams will be desperate for futures

I think we must add someone but not haphazardly. We also dont need elite talent so we can be patient. But we definitely need top six talent that complements McDavid

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

It's not like there's a ton of guys out there that can help good teams unless the Panthers lose all their games this week and turn into sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad