Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Throw Connor a Frickin Bone Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
@Mr Positive
Tampa didn't trade for a rental. Coleman has an extra year left, and they vastly overpaid but they can afford to vastly overpay for a shorter term fix because they are in Cup or bust mode and they are littered with organizational depth so losing Foote and a 1st is a drop in the bucket for them.

If the Oilers traded Lavoie+2nd for Toffoli, that's their best forward prospect (who probably wouldn't even be top 3 in most organizations) and given up a 2nd in addition for a one year run with Toffoli only to see that hole open up again in the offseason when he walks. It doesn't make any sense for the Oilers to make a move like that for a rental, none.
More like tbay in desperation. Either we are good or tbay sucks. They barely beat us. If you watched the game, the oilers outplayed them. Their D is nothing special. Shattenkirk looks washed up. Kucherov does not look the same. Best player is brayden point. Yanne Gourde is an AHLer able to fill the top line role temporarily. Unloading foote and a first is more than a drop in the bucket. They are not as deep as what you make it out to be.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
LWs on the TSN Trade Bait list:

Kreider, Athanasiou, Kovalchuk, Marleau, Kerfoot, Donato, Bennett, Granlund, Grimaldi, Shore

Maybe I'm in the minority but none of those guys move the needle for me - and Kreider's trade cost would be too much anyways. MAYBE Granlund but I think Nashville holds onto him.

It's too bad because I think the Oil need a LW more than a RW and the RW market is quite large.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
One of the few marquee UFAs I'd be interested in. There's a good chance he consider re-signing and he fits in well age wise with our group.

I think if you offered Nashville a similar return as Dallas gave for Zuccarello last season, you could get him in the instance Nashville slips back a bit.

Conditional picks based on playoff success, perhaps a small bonus if he re-signed.

I’d love Granlund for all the same reasons unfortunately I don’t think Nashville is going to sell and we’ve basically run out of time for them to really fall out of it. They are 3 points out of both WC spots with games in hand on everyone in front of them. They have 3 games before the deadline and they’ve been playing better lately so I don’t see Poile selling.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

Kreider, Athanasiou, Kovalchuk, Marleau, Kerfoot, Donato, Bennett, Granlund, Grimaldi, Shore

Maybe I'm in the minority but none of those guys move the needle for me - and Kreider's trade cost would be too much anyways. MAYBE Granlund but I think Nashville holds onto him.

It's too bad because I think the Oil need a LW more than a RW and the RW market is quite large.
Kovalchuk was taunting MacT when he was on the thrashers and MacT called the refs to check his stick. Oilers got delay of game penalty and kovalchuk scored. He skated by the oilers bend rubbing his stick in front of MacT. The good old days.

Kovalchuk would be a game changer. If anyone watched him play this season, he still has it in him to take over games. T Mac had his head up his ass and benched him in LA a lot last season.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

I like Donato as a cheap option. Has a great shot/iq and he started off really hot after being traded last year so he could do that again for us.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Edited this entire post, I had a pipe dream where the Oilers could go for 1 of Crawford/Lehner + Saad in a package but I couldn't make the money work.

Not finding a lot of potential moves I'd like with these prices.

Last edited:

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
But does he care about playing defense?

By all accounts, he has been in Montreal. If he didn’t care enough to play defence, he would be out of the league.

He walked away from his contract leaving a lot of money on the table to sign a two way deal at league minimum. He still cares to play and he’s motivated.

I’m not saying he should be a long term solution for us but I do think he would help this team right now and would be a good option to put alongside Connor.

Reactions: pratt

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
By all accounts, he has been in Montreal. If he didn’t care enough to play defence, he would be out of the league.

He walked away from his contract leaving a lot of money on the table to sign a two way deal at league minimum. He still cares to play and he’s motivated.

I’m not saying he should be a long term solution for us but I do think he would help this team right now and would be a good option to put alongside Connor.

But isn't that what got him in the dog house with two coaches in LA, I just don't know if a line of Kovalchuk-McDavid-Neal would really be great 5 on 5

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Marleau-McDavid-Neal
RNH-Drai-Yams
Nygard-Thornton-Kassian
Chiasson-Sheahan-Archibald
Haas, Khaira

We need that OGWAC power guys

Edit:
#2-#1-#33
#1-#3-#22
ud-#1-#13
#38-#21-#174th

THATS DRAFT PEDIGREE

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Kovalchuk was taunting MacT when he was on the thrashers and MacT called the refs to check his stick. Oilers got delay of game penalty and kovalchuk scored. He skated by the oilers bend rubbing his stick in front of MacT. The good old days.

Kovalchuk would be a game changer. If anyone watched him play this season, he still has it in him to take over games. T Mac had his head up his ass and benched him in LA a lot last season.
McLellan wasn't the only one to bench him Sergei Zubov did so quite famously and then Kovy got pissy about it and forced his firing, I'm also guessing Willie Desjardins wasn't a big fan of his based on his shrinking usage over time.

IMO Kovy is a diva, not a team player. We aren't desperate enough for scoring to chance bringing a disruptive element into a group that seems to have a good internal dynamic.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes? So?

Are we not talking about what players we would like to bring in before the deadline passes?

I honestly cant see Holland giving up assets for a rental this season.
At least I hope he doesnt do that.

Reactions: TB12

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I honestly cant see Holland giving up assets for a rental this season.
At least I hope he doesnt do that.
There is good value in making players (and fans) hope and believe...even if all know its not enough....
Something like Ondrej Kase and Derek Grant for a 2nd and a 4th and Chiasson...
Anaheim wants picks and will need replacement players...
Hopefully that 2nd is in the 50's....out of the more important choices...

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Way to take that out of context. I never said Kovalchuk is going to come in and lead us to the finals. I was referencing to the fact that calling him a poor playoff performer isn’t true. He has 27 points in 32 playoff games.

He’s not as good as he once was but he would still be an addition and help this team out. Just look at what he’s doing in Montreal and how much the fan base and his teammates like him.

He makes next to nothing. If you can add him at a reasonable deal, you do it, IMO.
He isn't doing much in Montreal these days. He went on a tear when he first got there and is now hot garbage again. 1 goal and 2 assists in his last 10 games

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

The only one I’m interested in is Donato, that’s because rumor is he’s not highly regarded by their new management and probably comes cheap. He’s still relatively young and has some good hockey skill. He’s just been in and out of the lineup for them and I’d love to take him for a test drive here

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
why not go after Pageau, put him on the wing with 97, and sign him, he s smart, fast, great defensively, and can win faceoffs, perfect 1st line winger/ center

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
This is just an opinion piece, but Travis Yost thinks the Oilers should be going after Hoffman.

Florida Panthers forward Mike Hoffman remains perfect fit for Edmonton Oilers - TSN.ca

It’s a dumb article because Florida won’t be selling. For one they want in on couch Q and a 10.5M goalie, Connolly, among other pickups, to try and show what they have for a fan base their they are a winning team.

For 2 they are 2 points back of Toronto for the 3 spot in the Atlantic right now with a game in hand, why would they trade a top 6 FWD?

Reactions: Anarchism

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
It’s a dumb article because Florida won’t be selling. For one they want in on couch Q and a 10.5M goalie, Connolly, among other pickups, to try and show what they have for a fan base their they are a winning team.

For 2 they are 2 points back of Toronto for the 3 spot in the Atlantic right now with a game in hand, why would they trade a top 6 FWD?
"Fan base" haha

I agree that FLA shouldn't be selling when they still have a decent chance of making it. They often make weird decisions out there.

Hoffman would be a great addition if he were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad