Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread | How Likely Are Trades Out of the North Division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
They were going to draft Sergachev. They had his name on the jersey and everything.
What a shame it worked out the way it did, and I'm in the camp that still likes JP.

Was stoked to draft Serg and Provorov, and neither worked out, lol.

Guess McDavid was a good consolation prize for Prov though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
But if he was to be that Larsson it would for sure be against us if we traded him away.

it is the way.
McDavid would turnstile him more times than he could hit the slowest Oiler on the roster.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
How? RNH is a UFA this offseason, Danault is a UFA this offseason.

Danault is a selke calibre 2C, RNH is a high scoring, better on the wing, player who’s production has mostly come on the PP the last 2 seasons.

Do people forget that RNH was barely a 50 point C before getting to play wing with Mcdavid? The three seasons prior he had under 50 points.

The value you do think we lose would be easily offset in probably over 2M in savings on a new contract this offseason.

For the first bolded part: Are you a closet Habs fan? There is no other explanation for that.

For the second bolded part: You do realize that when he was our 2C he was carrying around plugs like Lucic, Pouliot, and Chiasson, right?

Reactions: TB12 and nabob

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
For the first bolded part: Are you a closet Habs fan? There is no other explanation for that.

For the second bolded part: You do realize that when he was our 2C he was carrying around plugs like Lucic, Pouliot, and Chiasson, right?
Danault is legit. He gets Selke votes every year. He’s one of the best defensive forwards that’s not a stretch in the least.

Reactions: Smartguy

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Take a look at Danault’s numbers. He played the second most minutes against elite comp in the league last year. 50% of his ice time was against elite comp and he had dominant results doing it.

He likely won’t ever have the offence for a Selke, but he’s absolutely Selke caliber defensively .

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
They were going to draft Sergachev. They had his name on the jersey and everything.

If they really had the name on the jersey this makes sense. Chiarelli said they were after a defender, but maybe they had other options as well since they were considering moving down. In the local media there were articles about Juolevi fitting the Oilers so maybe they felt that'd be another reasonable option if they move down and Sergachev happens to go to someone else.

The Edmonton Oilers are shopping the No. 4 pick, with GM Peter Chiarelli in the market to add an established defenceman to a team stocked with young forwards.
"There's a lot of talk, and it's no secret we're in the market for a defenceman, and we're fully engaged," said Chiarelli, who guessed there's a better than 50 per cent chance Edmonton will retain the pick.

Maple Leafs' overhaul continues with 1st pick in NHL draft - TSN.ca

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

RNH was a 50-55 point player with Hall and Eberle on his wing, it's not so far fetched to call him that.
I don't think he and Danault are that far off. RNH is a little more dynamic offensively, Danault better defensively.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
RNH was a 50-55 point player with Hall and Eberle on his wing, it's not so far fetched to call him that.
I don't think he and Danault are that far off. RNH is a little more dynamic offensively, Danault better defensively.

How many years ago was that? I think most of us realize this RNH isn't the same player he was 3-5 years ago, regardless of position or linemates.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Danault is legit. He gets Selke votes every year. He’s one of the best defensive forwards that’s not a stretch in the least.

Take a look at Danault’s numbers. He played the second most minutes against elite comp in the league last year. 50% of his ice time was against elite comp and he had dominant results doing it.

He likely won’t ever have the offence for a Selke, but he’s absolutely Selke caliber defensively .

Sure, maybe he's Selke-caliber defensively. But we all know some offence is still a requirement to win the Selke. Danault has a career high of 13 goals and has only hit 50 points once in his career. That's more than a small downgrade from Nuge.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
How many years ago was that? I think most of us realize this RNH isn't the same player he was 3-5 years ago, regardless of position or linemates.

How can we say RNH is more than that when he’s barely played center and played below that mark when he has in recent years though?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Sure, maybe he's Selke-caliber defensively. But we all know some offence is still a requirement to win the Selke. Danault has a career high of 13 goals and has only hit 50 points once in his career. That's more than a small downgrade from Nuge.

He doesn’t get the PP minutes RNH does.

Danault has outscored RNH by 12 points at 5v5 over the past two seasons and that’s with RNH playing significant minutes with McDavid and Drai.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Nuge is about 50 point player himself playing center though. I’d obviously like to keep Nuge but if he wants over 7 I’d let him walk and bring in Danault and find a winger in FA.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How can we say RNH is more than that when he’s barely played center and played below that mark when he has in recent years though?
So what do you think Danault will command as UFA this offseason?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nuge is about 50 point player himself playing center though. I’d obviously like to keep Nuge but if he wants over 7 I’d let him walk and bring in Danault and find a winger in FA.
Sure let Nuge walk for 7 and bring in this elite 2way guy at 8Mx7yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad