Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread | How Likely Are Trades Out of the North Division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
RNH with extension in place, Jones, Holloway to Columbus for PLD and Scott Harrington.
Kassian and Khaira to Vancouver for Tanner Pearson.

Kahun-McDavid-Draisaitl
Pearson-PLD-Yamamoto
Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Neal-Shore-Archibald
Chiasson

4K-Barrie
Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Bear
Harrington

Koskinen
Smith
Grosenick

Taxi: Nygard, Haas, Quine, Lagesson, Bouchard, P. Russell

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kassian for Pearson actually sounds doable.

It's the ultimate misery loves company trade between 2 struggling teams.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Kassian for Pearson actually sounds doable.

It's the ultimate misery loves company trade between 2 struggling teams.

I would lowkey hate it because there's always the chance Kass takes out McDavid in one of the 900 games we play against VAN this season, but I'm willing to risk it for a proven 20-goal guy. If we did the PLD trade we'd also save money this year, allowing us to extend him for around $4M which would be fair market value right now.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I would lowkey hate it because there's always the chance Kass takes out McDavid in one of the 900 games we play against VAN this season, but I'm willing to risk it for a proven 20-goal guy. If we did the PLD trade we'd also save money this year, allowing us to extend him for around $4M which would be fair market value right now.

You have to be careful trading for disgruntled stars. For every Ryan O'Reilly, there are probably at least two Matt Duchene's.

Reactions: yukoner88

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
You have to be careful trading for disgruntled stars. For every Ryan O'Reilly, there are probably at least two Matt Duchene's.

I hear you, but he's young enough that I think he can still grow and mature past all this. If he can find his snarl again, a 6'3 2C who controls the play is a crazy luxury. McDrai can play together which automatically solves the winger problem, and you still have two lines that will cause big matchup troubles for opponents. If you assume McDrai are good for 100 points apiece, could PLD hit 80 here? More?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hear you, but he's young enough that I think he can still grow and mature past all this. If he can find his snarl again, a 6'3 2C who controls the play is a crazy luxury. McDrai can play together which automatically solves the winger problem, and you still have two lines that will cause matchup troubles for opponents.

True. Columbus just seems to have these tall centers who play well for 2 seasons then fall off the map (see Ryan Johansen). But they're smart enough to trade them when their value is still high.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
PLD wouldn’t be a perfect add for the Oilers. Would hate giving anything significant off the roster with the 2 week quarantine wait. If Holland could get him for salary dump and futures it would be amazing, not likely tho

Reactions: McTonyBrar

North

Jun 25, 2009
I hear you, but he's young enough that I think he can still grow and mature past all this. If he can find his snarl again, a 6'3 2C who controls the play is a crazy luxury. McDrai can play together which automatically solves the winger problem, and you still have two lines that will cause big matchup troubles for opponents. If you assume McDrai are good for 100 points apiece, could PLD hit 80 here? More?

Although one thing somebody pointed out is this is the second time PLD is sulking his way off a team.

He did it in juniors too.

He wasn’t happy in Cape Breton and sulked his way into a trade to the Armada.

Reactions: Cloned

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Something I was thinking about...

What about a RNH for Danault swap?

Before people crucify me, Danault is a great 2 way center, something the Oilers definitely need. He’d come cheaper then RNH this offseason when they are both UFA, probably with decent term around 5M. Montreal has chosen a path with Kotkaniemi and Suzuki going forward in their top 6, I would imagine Dubois once the dust settles there as well or in place of Kotkaniemi , and Danault has voiced his displeasure as a 3C there this past offseason and rumored to have not had negotiations yet. Doubtful they can afford him considering they just handed out big deals to Gallagher and Anderson, and will be to Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

RNH had 15 goals and 22 assists at even strength, so 37 even strength points last year. Danault had 12 goals and 30 assists, 42 Even strength points.

Why do it now? Neither player requires a quarantine being on Canadian teams, both teams can test drive the player before the offseason, and hopefully there is mutual interest in a long term deal for Danault, something you’d probably check in with prior to that trade. This would also allow the Oilers to put Draisaitl and Mcdavid back together. This would also allow Montreal another top 6 winger, rumored they had interest in Hoffman before he signed

A top 6 of

Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Kassian
Kahun-Danault-Yamamoto

Is a decent group and a better 2 way group, a high end offensive line and a good 2 way line, and I also think this would allow Yamamoto to get PP time in RNH’s spot, that is much deserved at this point.

Obviously, pending Kahun’s play, you would look for a different LW to play there as well this offseason if that didn’t work.

Am I crazy?

My turn to be crazy. I think trying to trade for Duncan Keith would be a good idea. A veteran Dman who can still play top 4 being a good mentor for someone like Bouchard and Jones

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
My turn to be crazy. I think trying to trade for Duncan Keith would be a good idea. A veteran Dman who can still play top 4 being a good mentor for someone like Bouchard and Jones
This is my crazy thought.

let’s see RNH and Yamamoto on a like together without McDavid or draisaitl and see how that works.

RNH and Yamamoto have great chemistry imo

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This is my crazy thought.

let’s see RNH and Yamamoto on a like together without McDavid or draisaitl and see how that works.

RNH and Yamamoto have great chemistry imo

It's not a bad idea at all, really. I'd go one step further. With Drai's developed defensive awareness (and McDavid's seems to have improved as well) maybe McDrai could return and be dominant as in the past.

Run a top 6 with something like:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian (maybe put Pulju in once ready?)
Kahun - Nuge - Yams

Consider Turris in for Kassian or Kahun (if he can play off wing?) in stints as well.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
PLD wouldn’t be a perfect add for the Oilers. Would hate giving anything significant off the roster with the 2 week quarantine wait. If Holland could get him for salary dump and futures it would be amazing, not likely tho

So you want to add a guy who has scored 66 goals over the past 3 season, but you don't want to give anything of value up?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Although one thing somebody pointed out is this is the second time PLD is sulking his way off a team.

Looks like he wants to be in Montreal area if anything

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Guess we dodged a bullet in that draft by being able to grab Puljujarvi...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Only trade I see realistically happening is Larsson to the leafs, but do we really want to have to play against him possibly in the first round of the playoffs.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If his slow start continues, I'd really like to see if we could pry Pavel Zacha out of New Jersey. He'd be a nice add to the bottom six and PK unit for the playoffs. At the very least he's a 25-30 point guy who kills penalties very well. He fits into our age group and isn't likely to make much more that he does not on his next contract.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
So you want to add a guy who has scored 66 goals over the past 3 season, but you don't want to give anything of value up?

Well i said not likely, and hate to loose anyone off the roster and also wait 2 weeks for PLD to cross the border, but yeah PLD for cap dump and futures like picks and prospect.... Maybe Neal/Kassian, Jones, 1st/Holloway. CBJ number 1 priority should be to ensure they can keep Seth around and signed to a long term contract at this point. Maybe Caleb is seen as amore intriguing top 4 dman option to CBJ then any other team in the league and carries a little more value to them the league wide....Maybe not

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If his slow start continues, I'd really like to see if we could pry Pavel Zacha out of New Jersey. He'd be a nice add to the bottom six and PK unit for the playoffs. At the very least he's a 25-30 point guy who kills penalties very well. He fits into our age group and isn't likely to make much more that he does not on his next contract.

With Turris kind of sputtering at #3C, I definitely wouldn't mind another option to swap in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad