WC: Roster Talk '12 — Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgrozda

Mar 27, 2011
Couldn't be happier that Burr's on the team!

If you have some time and an open mind, here's Burrows' Heart of a Canuck feature. You may not be able to understand what he's saying lol, but you may get a better idea of who he is off the rink. The last 5 or 6 minutes really show how much determination and heart he has (plus there's some nice Luc Bourdon stuff at the very end).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Think RNH might be the odd man out some nights. Probably the best PP option on the team, but I don't know how much they'll need him there anyways.

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
Stoked about Burr's inclusion. My take on the lines:

Benn - Tavares - Skinner
Sharp - Getzlaf - Perry
Kane - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Ladd - O'Reilly - Burrows
Purcell

Keith - Subban
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf
Methot - Vlasic
Schenn

Ward
Dubnyk
Hackett

PP1:
Nugent-Hopkins - Tavares - Eberle
Keith - Subban

PP2:
Benn - Getzlaf - Perry
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf

PK1:
Sharp - Burrows
Keith - Vlasic

PK2:
Ladd - O'Reilly
Bouwmeester - Methot

Captain: Getzlaf
Alternate: Ladd
Alternate: Tavares

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Stoked about Burr's inclusion. My take on the lines:

Benn - Tavares - Skinner
Sharp - Getzlaf - Perry
Kane - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Ladd - O'Reilly - Burrows
Purcell

Keith - Subban
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf
Methot - Vlasic
Schenn

Ward
Dubnyk
Hackett

PP1:
Nugent-Hopkins - Tavares - Eberle
Keith - Subban

PP2:
Benn - Getzlaf - Perry
Bouwmeester - Phaneuf

PK1:
Sharp - Burrows
Keith - Vlasic

PK2:
Ladd - O'Reilly
Bouwmeester - Methot

Captain: Getzlaf
Alternate: Ladd
Alternate: Tavares

Sharp over O'Reilly on 1st PK unit? O'Reilly is the best defensive forward on the whole team and he's one of the best faceoff takers in the NHL and you think that a player with less than 50% of faceoffs won will play infront of him on PK?

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
Very disappointed Burrows is on the team. Not the kind of character I want representing Canada.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Couldn't be happier that Burr's on the team!

If you have some time and an open mind, here's Burrows' Heart of a Canuck feature. You may not be able to understand what he's saying lol, but you may get a better idea of who he is off the rink. The last 5 or 6 minutes really show how much determination and heart he has (plus there's some nice Luc Bourdon stuff at the very end).

I always liked Burrows a lot,especially after Ron Macleans anti Burrows docu-drama on HNIC.

I wasn't pleased though with his purportedly opening the gate at the bench behind a Sens player, which can be very dangerous.

The rest of his repertoire to me are just par for the course as an agitater and he is the most likeable of agitaters.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Kane-Getzlaf-Perry- I like keeping teammates together. Put a guy like Kane in there and you have a physically dominating line. A line like this would give nightmares to defensemen on the cycle.

Skinner-RNH-Eberle- Again, teammates together, add in a player of simular stature. Pure skill and speed. Plus Canada always has some form of "kid" line.

Benn-Tavares-Sharp- Classic case of powerforward + sniper/playmaker+2 way forward. All of these guys bring different things to the table and should compliment eachother well.

Ladd-O'Reilly-Burrows- This has the looks of a fantastic shutdown line. Burrows is great on the PK and relentless, as is Ladd and O'Reilly.

I agree with poster above me in regards to defense.

No clue on special teams, options are limitless really... go with whoever is hot.

That line combo looks good to me. :D

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Kane-Getzlaf-Perry- I like keeping teammates together. Put a guy like Kane in there and you have a physically dominating line. A line like this would give nightmares to defensemen on the cycle.

Skinner-RNH-Eberle- Again, teammates together, add in a player of simular stature. Pure skill and speed. Plus Canada always has some form of "kid" line.

Benn-Tavares-Sharp- Classic case of powerforward + sniper/playmaker+2 way forward. All of these guys bring different things to the table and should compliment eachother well.

Ladd-O'Reilly-Burrows- This has the looks of a fantastic shutdown line. Burrows is great on the PK and relentless, as is Ladd and O'Reilly.

I agree with poster above me in regards to defense.

No clue on special teams, options are limitless really... go with whoever is hot.

Man, those line combos look great. Canada has a deep squad this year.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Bouwemeester/Schenn/Phaneuf/Murray....this might not end too well. Keith isn't the player he was before but maybe he'll bounce back here so Subban is probably the best Cdn dman and just got injured. Methot I guess isn't bad to have but I can't understand how so many other dmen weren't used.

What about Giordano...did he decline? He would've been better than JBo. I would've preferred Andrew MacDonald from NYI maybe if Hamonic came over with him on that same pairing instead of Phaneuf/Schenn in terms of having a defensively reliable line.

BLBarmada

Updated my lines:

Kane-Getzlaf-Perry (Remeber Nash-Getz and Heater ?)
Skinner-Tavares-Eberle(Goals much ?)
Burrows-Oreilly-Sharp(shutdown !!!!!)
Benn-Purcell-Ladd
RNH

Keith-Vlasic
Schenn-Subban
Bouwmeester-Phaneuf
Methot

Ward
Hackett(Wild bias)
Dubnyk

eeddieedwards

Jul 22, 2009
I always liked Burrows a lot,especially after Ron Macleans anti Burrows docu-drama on HNIC.

I wasn't pleased though with his purportedly opening the gate at the bench behind a Sens player, which can be very dangerous.

The rest of his repertoire to me are just par for the course as an agitater and he is the most likeable of agitaters.

Oh you mean Jesse Winchester, who he is good friends with and has trained with in the offseason? The gate wasn't closed properly because it was at the end of a 55-second shift and Canucks players were already jumping the boards.

Ron Maclean planted that seed in everyone's head when he blurted out something when he first saw it along the lines of "think he did that on purpose?"

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
What was Canada lineup actually like vs Switzerland? Who was wearing the C or A's

Dubnyk;
Phaneuf, Methot;
Subban, Duncan;
Bouwmeester, Schenn;
Ryan Murray;
Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Benn;
Sharp, Tavares, Skinner;
Purcell, O'Reilly, Kane;
Ladd, Mitchell.

Shots were 31-30 for Canada.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Oh you mean Jesse Winchester, who he is good friends with and has trained with in the offseason? The gate wasn't closed properly because it was at the end of a 55-second shift and Canucks players were already jumping the boards.

Ron Maclean planted that seed in everyone's head when he blurted out something when he first saw it along the lines of "think he did that on purpose?"
Ah but good old Ron MacLean wouldn't have an agenda would he? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad