WC: Roster Talk '12 — Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameIsNobody*

Apparently it is not serious but they may give him a few days off if they feel he needs it.

I just read that Subban will not play Tuesday...I dont know if he is practicing (i dought it) but he will make the trip to Helsinki with the team...

Anyone has any more information ?

HockeyIQ

Apr 13, 2012
Vancouver
Duncan Keith is from my home town (Penticton) and he is a class act. He messed up with the Sedin elbow and I bet he regrets it. Clearly you're homer Canucks fan if you think he's an ass in the locker room, on the ice, or wherever./QUOTE]
News for you buddy: Your mancrush, Duncan Keith, is quietly one of the most dirtiest players in the league. This may be the first time he's been suspended, but its certainly not the first time he's done classless crap like that. The only reason he'll regret that elbow on Daniel Sedin is that is the one time he didn't get away with it.

Clearly you must be some sort of Penticton Keith homer to think otherwise.

Another homer Canucks fan?

Leaf

Apr 25, 2012
With that Logic, guys like Fleury and Luongo should have been lights out these playoffs since they've got all the pedigree behind them. Goalies are unexpected as hell in this regard.

The thing is, Ward has been a solid goaltender on one of the defensively worst teams in the league for years now. Dubnyk has only very recently shown that he can be a go-to guy. Coming from someone who lives near Edmonton, Ward is undoubtedly our number one goaltender.

M A K A V E L I*

Very disappointed Burrows is on the team. Not the kind of character I want representing Canada.

Are you also disappointed with cheapshot artists like Perry & Keith being on the team? What about floppers and people that start fights in practices like Subban? :shakehead

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No kidding. Was no one else available?

I hope he doesn't shame us all with his idiotic antics.

No kidding why is he invited? He is an embarrassment and their are so many better options. Seguin, Staal, Staal, Bergeron, Thornton, Couture, marleau Spezza, Lucic, Morrow just off the top of my head.

Are you also disappointed with cheapshot artists like Perry & Keith being on the team? What about floppers and people that start fights in practices like Subban? :shakehead

Oh you mean Stanley Cup, Gold Medal, Hart trophy, memorial cup, World junior and norris trophy winners.... What on earth has burrows won.

Last edited:

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Came to chat about WHC and the addition of Burrows, guess I'll just save it and make conversation elsewhere. Can't believe all the hate on here

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
No kidding why is he invited? He is an embarrassment and their are so many better options. Seguin, Staal, Staal, Bergeron, Thornton, Couture, marleau Spezza, Lucic, Morrow just off the top of my head.

Oh you mean Stanley Cup, Gold Medal, Hart trophy, memorial cup, World junior and norris trophy winners.... What on earth has burrows won.

A lot of them choose not to make the trip, or are injured/want rest.

Seguin needed surgery, Bergeron is concussed, Lucic I don't know, Spezza has a new 1 month old kid, etc etc.

NJHABSFAN

Jan 22, 2009
Swamps of Joisey
I think if you check the Team USA thread there was a post a couple pages back about the coverage, I think one of the bigger networks is showing 16 games or something like that. You might not get every Team Canada game, but you'll get a couple, and you will for sure get the Canada vs. USA game on saturday morning (May 5th).

Edit: Okay I couldn't find it. Maybe check online somewhere.

Edit:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=48790031&postcount=1

Thanks, Sucks I know I will miss a few Canada games I have to get the bell dish this year. Thats it I procrastenated for so long I know I will kick myself when the Olympics roll around in two years

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Way to deflect the issue.;) Person was responding to another poster talking about character.

A lot of them choose not to make the trip, or are injured/want rest.
Exactly. But hey, knock a guy who will willing to answer the bell to play for his country when other non-injured better players can't be bothered to do the same.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Can people please stop with Burrows crap? You do not have to like him (I don't like him either), but you can certainly support Team Canada and him during the 2 week period.

Seriously, get over it. Cheer for the logo on the front, and not the name on the back.

Soichiro

頑張れカナックス!
May 2, 2011
東京
Looks like we have a great team, I'm excited! I hope all of you who are ragging on Burrows actually watch this tournament. He's an extremely valuable player who earned a poor reputation for 'extra-curricular activities' in the early part of his career. As has been mentioned, he isn't a saint, but neither is any pro hockey player (including the others playing on Team Canada).

Turrican*

Can people please stop with Burrows crap? You do not have to like him (I don't like him either), but you can certainly support Team Canada and him during the 2 week period.

Seriously, get over it. Cheer for the logo on the front, and not the name on the back.

But his teeth are on the front

AHHHHH

Turrican*

Looks like we have a great team, I'm excited! I hope all of you who are ragging on Burrows actually watch this tournament. He's an extremely valuable player who earned a poor reputation for 'extra-curricular activities' in the early part of his career. As has been mentioned, he isn't a saint, but neither is any pro hockey player (including the others playing on Team Canada).

jordan-eberle-2010-1-3-18-10-56.jpg

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

You know that this happened not even a year ago, right? Have you ever seen any other pro hockey player bite another player?

I will cheer Canada, but I sure won't be cheering Burrows. He isn't the kind of guy I want representing our country.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

Nice argument #no

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
I think the fact spezza apparently called team Canada and asked for a spot, but that spot was filled by burrows is an example of why there is disagreement on hs inclusion to ths team.

Soichiro

頑張れカナックス!
May 2, 2011
東京
You know that this happened not even a year ago, right? Have you ever seen any other pro hockey player bite another player?

I will cheer Canada, but I sure won't be cheering Burrows. He isn't the kind of guy I want representing our country.

I guess in my book dirty is dirty whether it's a bad hit, biting someones fingers, or sticking your fingers in someones mouth. As someone who follows the Canucks and watches him play regularly, it's evident that the rate at which he crosses the line is dramatically lower than it was earlier in his career and it's my argument that at his current rate he is no more guilty of being dirty than any other NHL player. Anyway, that's just the way I see it, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion on it and if you feel the way you do that's fine.

My underlying point was that Burrows is an excellent hockey player and I'm glad he's been given the opportunity to represent his country. To a guy making his way up from the ECHL it's something that I'm sure he would have never dreamed of 5 years ago. I think given the fact that he's never had this chance before (aside from in ball hockey, where is has won international championships) he'll be sure not to ruin it by doing anything that would reflect poorly on Canada.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I think the fact spezza apparently called team Canada and asked for a spot, but that spot was filled by burrows is an example of why there is disagreement on hs inclusion to ths team.

omg...are you serious?! I had no idea that happened. Burrows isn't just on the team, but he got a spot over Spezza?? This is completely shameful :facepalm:

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg

Ahhh, so Burrows antics aren't what bugs, its his lack of trophies. So everyone light on trophies should be kicked off of the team?

Or is it that winning trophies makes you forget about the antics? If so, that's pretty ridiculous.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Maybe one shouldn't be shoving ones glove in the mouth of another hungry player?;)

Probably goes to the timing of events. Given that the Canucks were knocked out earlier, I'm guessing Lowe called Burrows first. What's Lowe going to do? Phone Burrows back, sorry, I made a mistake - you're off the team after getting the call from Spezza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad