Line Combos: Roster overhaul in order?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I appreciate what Krejci was, but call me underwhelmed of recent.

I don't even think it's all on Krejci. This style doesn't play to his strengths. All the wings are speedy, push the pace off the rush and make it up as you go types, while he's a slow it down, work the cycle and play from the corners type.

I think if they moved him to a team that played to his strengths he'd be fine. But on this team... he seems like a square peg who's time here is limited. I think as soon as 2 of those center prospects look capable he'll be moved.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Price and Weber for Tuukka and Krejci. Sign Riley Nash!

This proposal is pretty far out there, but I'll play along, it's the off-season and I'm bored.

Not a chance would I trade two guys over 30 with just 3 years left on their contracts for two guys over 30 with EIGHT years left on their contracts.

Think about that for a second. The Habs have 18.3 million in cap spaced tied up the next 8 freakin' years in Shea Weber and Carey Price.

I think that just made my day.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
That trade is cartoonish, obviously, but I am bullish on Carey Price. He’s a top 3 goalie in this league. If contracts we’re equal I’d take him over Rask every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: Strafer

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
That trade is cartoonish, obviously, but I am bullish on Carey Price. He’s a top 3 goalie in this league. If contracts we’re equal I’d take him over Rask every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

But contracts are not equal.

And Price is a playoffs chocker.

And signed for the next 8y at 10.5M per year.

I take Rask every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Before last year Price was definitely in the top 3 if not top 1 but last year was a real eye opener. He'll probably fall back into his norm next season but what if he doesn't. He's often injured, PO's have been very average for him, he isn't getting any younger. IDK, easy pass for me and even more so for Weber who still has a good year or two in him but then...............yikes.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Before last year Price was definitely in the top 3 if not top 1 but last year was a real eye opener. He'll probably fall back into his norm next season but what if he doesn't. He's often injured, PO's have been very average for him, he isn't getting any younger. IDK, easy pass for me and even more so for Weber who still has a good year or two in him but then...............yikes.
Fair enough. I like trades that stir the pot.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
DS: "Hello David,
I know you have a young family and you have lived here a long time and you and your young family love this city, but what do you say about moving to NYC?"

DK: "No."99.9% sure that's how that would go.

Krejci lives in the Carolina's, Boston isn't his wife's home therefore he considers the Carolina's his home for the off-season. Not that I think that Tavares is coming here anyway.

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
FWIW: Believe his off-season home is a Charleston South Carolina. It’s a fair distance. Very different city than Raleigh.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Doubt this would happen... but curious if NYI would bite.

UFA's now get a 7 day window to talk to teams before signing? Let's say Tavares has made up his mind, and he's gonna come to Boston.

Before July 1st, NYI knows Tavares is leaving, so they trade his rights straight up for David Krejci; Bruins then ink Tavares to the 8 year deal and goes to the team he wants to. Isle's get something back. B's likely throw in a little more incentive, but push comes to shove, they are gonna lose him if he's not re-signing.

Not remotely insinuating he does want to come here. But IF he did...

Doubt this all works for a number of reasons, but hey, we can dream, can't we?

Moving one of Miller / McQuaid + Krejci is 10 million in cap space right there. Backes is another option, but more pieces likely need to go, too.

my biggest thought is... that islander situation is a mess with the arena controversy and a general mismanagement going on. hiring lou is a good step but in his 70's how long will he want to stay if hes dealing with that crap and once he bails... then what

the one thing we all agree about krejci is that with his ntc he isn't going anywhere unless he sees a reason to go. what is that reason for him to go to a mess like that?

but the good news is we don't really need him to go there. there are better places we can move him. and honestly we don't really need to trade for his rights unless we are negotiating prior to the grace period. once the grace period starts we will be able to get an agreement with Tavares and his agent that we are the choice. islanders wouldn't be involved at that point

we might want to act proactive and find a spot for mcquaid/miller before we ever reach this point. maybe islanders would be that spot? and if so... maybe that would be enough by itself to gain us negotiation rights. I honestly cant see any situation where it makes sense to bring back both miller and mcquaid to play behind carlo and mcavoy. not at 2.5 mill each. a guy like holden could probably serve as the 7th dman for half that cost.

with chara and one of miller or mcquaid... we will have plenty of big slow dmen in the lineup... don't need the 3rd guy.

2 big slow guys to help the pk... and then 4 faster puck movers... that's a better formula for the defense than 3 and 3. technically carlo is closer to a big slow guy than he is to a fast puckmover too... so definitely finding a way to get another faster puck mover into the everyday lineup is a good thing

I do hope we land Tavares... and if we do then I definitely think krejci has to find a soft landing spot. so I'm with you that they are connected... I just don't see the island as being the right spot to land tavares

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
my biggest thought is... that islander situation is a mess with the arena controversy and a general mismanagement going on. hiring lou is a good step but in his 70's how long will he want to stay if hes dealing with that crap and once he bails... then what

I'm not saying Krejci would go there (I doubt he would to be honest), but let's not act like the Islanders are some sort of disaster. They have good ownership, Wang is just a minority owner now, just hired Lou Lameriello, who likely wouldn't be going there if it was the mess you claim, especially considering I'm sure he got the inside scoop consider his own son works there.

The arena situation seems to have worked itself out, they have an agreement to build a new arena in Belmont Park. Their personnel decisions the last few years don't seem to be any worse than most teams, they need to find some better goaltending, and losing Tavares will be a big blow, he's not gone yet, still lots of time to get him extended. And they have piles of cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad