Line Combos: Roster overhaul in order?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think we need Krejci for 2-3 more years badly.

Trying to replace him with kids who aren't ready or a Riley Nash type grinder will make us a team fighting for 8th place as opposed to 1/2 in the Atlantic. Hes still one of the best passers in the NHL and has remained the same guy hes always been even though Bergeron gets the far better linemates these days. We have no shot at Tavares we aren't changing our salary structure and giving him 50% more then the first liners make.

Reactions: ballofhate13

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
ummm, what? Sweeney cant sniff Ainge even in the "down" years.

in those "10 years to be respectful again" the Celtics have

9 playoff appearances, 1 miss

3x lost in 1st round
2x lost in 2nd round
2x lost in Conference Finals
1x lost in NBA Finals

and now are 1 win away from returning to The Finals.

They also have 5 division titles and 3x 2nd place in those years and only 3x finished outside the top 5 in the Eastern Conference.

We'd sell our souls for 2 ECF appearances and 2 Cup Finals appearances to be considered down years

Nope,

NBA is garbage. The Celtics would have been destroyed IF they where lucky to keep their miracle season going and face a real basket ball team in the west.

They will be great at being mediocre again next year against a truly garbage conference. Now lets get back to what matters

Reactions: Strafer

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Nope,

NBA is garbage. The Celtics would have been destroyed IF they where lucky to keep their miracle season going and face a real basket ball team in the west.

They will be great at being mediocre again next year against a truly garbage conference. Now lets get back to what matters

The Celtics were mediocre this year? This is the most stupid sh*t I’ve ever read on here.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'd classify Rick Nash as a RW, but still, this is a motley list of RWers if there ever was one.

Heck, players 5 through 7 have already played for the Bruins over the past 3 seasons.

NHL’s Top 10 UFAs of 2018: The best right wingers - Sportsnet.ca

motley indeed. there's no way that rick nash doesn't crack this so-called top 10 list. he's most definitely a RW
from what i've watched of him. i guess they are counting kovalchuk as a LW too? joel ward was a healthy
scratch most nights, and he's #2? :eek: no james neal, no david perron? i'm confused.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
motley indeed. there's no way that rick nash doesn't crack this so-called top 10 list. he's most definitely a RW
from what i've watched of him. i guess they are counting kovalchuk as a LW too? joel ward was a healthy
scratch most nights, and he's #2? :eek: no james neal, no david perron? i'm confused.

Strange list. Kovalchuk, like OV, played his off-wing mostly if I recall.

Perron as well.

Meanwhile like Nash, hasn't Neal been mostly a RWer? I know he was in Pittsburgh but not certain about Nashville and Vegas.

Personally if Boston go RW hunting I don't want a left-shot guy. They have left-shot RW options in house IMO with Heinen and Bjork. Waste of assets to bring in another really. Go for natural RWer, where the Bruins are lacking both on the parent club as well as in the system.

Reactions: Strafer

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Strange list. Kovalchuk, like OV, played his off-wing mostly if I recall.

Perron as well.

Meanwhile like Nash, hasn't Neal been mostly a RWer? I know he was in Pittsburgh but not certain about Nashville and Vegas.

Personally if Boston go RW hunting I don't want a left-shot guy. They have left-shot RW options in house IMO with Heinen and Bjork. Waste of assets to bring in another really. Go for natural RWer, where the Bruins are lacking both on the parent club as well as in the system.

yeah, i think perron and kovalchuk ID'd as LW but played RW as well. neal is a left-shot RW.

agree on getting a righty. i know they were deep into it with minnesota trying to get alex tuch last summer.
brodin/tuch i guess was the target, probably offering up the 1st round pick and other goodies. shame it
didn't happen, tuch is exactly what this team needs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
yeah, i think perron and kovalchuk ID'd as LW but played RW as well. neal is a left-shot RW.

agree on getting a righty. i know they were deep into it with minnesota trying to get alex tuch last summer.
brodin/tuch i guess was the target, probably offering up the 1st round pick and other goodies. shame it
didn't happen, tuch is exactly what this team needs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he would of been an ideal fit, big body with some skill, under 25 right-shot winger. Just what the doctor ordered.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
With Carolina being one of the most prominent places Krejci would waive to, what about Elias Lindholm for Krejci straight up?

Lindholm is really a complete player who I think is just not being utilized properly. He’s a gifted playmaker who is basically a lock for 40+ points. I think he can easily grow to 50-60 with the right line mates and become a solid second line center.

Speed, grit, 55% on the dot, relied on heavily defensively and can give you 100 hits.

We could potentially resign him at almost half the cost of Krejci.

Reactions: wintersej

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
my biggest thought is... that islander situation is a mess with the arena controversy and a general mismanagement going on. hiring lou is a good step but in his 70's how long will he want to stay if hes dealing with that crap and once he bails... then what

the one thing we all agree about krejci is that with his ntc he isn't going anywhere unless he sees a reason to go. what is that reason for him to go to a mess like that?

but the good news is we don't really need him to go there. there are better places we can move him. and honestly we don't really need to trade for his rights unless we are negotiating prior to the grace period. once the grace period starts we will be able to get an agreement with Tavares and his agent that we are the choice. islanders wouldn't be involved at that point

we might want to act proactive and find a spot for mcquaid/miller before we ever reach this point. maybe islanders would be that spot? and if so... maybe that would be enough by itself to gain us negotiation rights. I honestly cant see any situation where it makes sense to bring back both miller and mcquaid to play behind carlo and mcavoy. not at 2.5 mill each. a guy like holden could probably serve as the 7th dman for half that cost.

with chara and one of miller or mcquaid... we will have plenty of big slow dmen in the lineup... don't need the 3rd guy.

2 big slow guys to help the pk... and then 4 faster puck movers... that's a better formula for the defense than 3 and 3. technically carlo is closer to a big slow guy than he is to a fast puckmover too... so definitely finding a way to get another faster puck mover into the everyday lineup is a good thing

I do hope we land Tavares... and if we do then I definitely think krejci has to find a soft landing spot. so I'm with you that they are connected... I just don't see the island as being the right spot to land tavares

I'm on board for all of this but the bold makes no sense. Carlo is in no way closer to a slow guy than a fast puck mover.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So with an 80 mill cap...

FORWARDS (13)
Right wing: A. Bjork ($925,000) - D. Pastrnak ($6,666,666) - D. Backes ($6,000,000) - N. Acciari ($725,000) - T. Wingels ($700,000)
Centre: P. Bergeron ($6,875,000) - D. Krejci ($7,250,000) - R. Donato ($900,000) - R. Fitzgerald ($792,500)
Left wing: B. Marchand ($6,125,000) - J. DeBrusk ($863,333) - D. Heinen ($872,500) - S. Kuraly ($1,000,000)
DEFENSE (7)
Right: C. McAvoy ($916,667) - B. Carlo ($789,167) - K. Miller ($2,500,000) - A. McQuaid ($2,750,000)
Left: Z. Chara ($5,000,000) - T. Krug ($5,250,000) - M. Grzelcyk ($1,000,000)
GOALTENDER (2)
T. Rask ($7,000,000) - A. Khudobin ($1,200,000)
BUYOUTS
D. Seidenberg ($1,166,667) - J. Hayes ($866,667)

Leaves them 9 million bucks to spend!

But...

McAvoy, Carlo, Donato, Heinen, JFK, Cehlarik come off ELC next season with only Chara and McQuaid expiring.

Year after its Bjork, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Zboril, Lauzon with Krug and Miller ending their deals.

The next season is when it gets crazy. (Baring bridge deals) Only Frederic and Studnicka are RFA but Krejci, Backes and Rask all have contracts that expire.

Bruins do nothing exciting - Armchair-GM - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
With Carolina being one of the most prominent places Krejci would waive to, what about Elias Lindholm for Krejci straight up?

Lindholm is really a complete player who I think is just not being utilized properly. He’s a gifted playmaker who is basically a lock for 40+ points. I think he can easily grow to 50-60 with the right line mates and become a solid second line center.

Speed, grit, 55% on the dot, relied on heavily defensively and can give you 100 hits.

We could potentially resign him at almost half the cost of Krejci.

Not saying Lindholm is untouchable or Carolina wouldn't move him.

And even now, you're getting an uptick in production with Krejci based on what they did last year.

But Carolina trading a guy almost a decade younger for a currently good but clearly declining player in Krejci seems pretty unrealistic.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Not saying Lindholm is untouchable or Carolina wouldn't move him.

And even now, you're getting an uptick in production with Krejci based on what they did last year.

But Carolina trading a guy almost a decade younger for a currently good but clearly declining player in Krejci seems pretty unrealistic.

By all accounts, they're looking for that top line center and some veteran leaders. They want to win now considering how many years they've missed the playoffs. Centers are a commodity and Krejci for another 3 years at 7 million who has shown to produce consistently in the regular season and in the playoffs may be something they consider.

No one is trading any top line centers in their prime other than maybe ROR (who would probably cost an arm and a leg). If they lose out on free agent centers like Tavares and etc and aren't looking to acquire any prospects or futures, a deal like this is something they most certainly could explore.

9/10 times I come up with ridiculous trades but I feel like this actually benefits both teams.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Reaves for the 4th line crew seeing him (1) do exactly what you say he would do for Boston and (2) pricing his way into a contract I wouldn’t want to give for a 4th liner

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: