Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXX - Sweet Little 16 (…Days until TDL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Trading for Weber won't create additional cap space for us, not sure where this fallacy got started. The only reason to trade for that deal is if Montreal owed real dollars on the remaining years & was willing to give up some assets to absorb the financial hit.
Those are real dollars owed, but we would have the ability to LTIR the contract, thus “preventing” it from counting against the cap.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I wonder if Drury is looking at goalies right now, in case Shesty and Geo won’t be allowed to play.

Nobody in the NHL wants it, arguments can certainly be made against it, but the atrocities have only just begun and the only ones that can do something about it is ultimately the people of Russia.

MMA has a great number of Chechen/Russian fighters friendly with the dictator there. These guy are started to be targeted. AO is close by. He and his family are part of the establishment. If AO is ousted, where do you draw the line? Panarin did his part.

After a week one million refugees are fleeing Ukraine. Civilians are targeted in indiscriminate shellings. Trump described it as a holocaust.

Hasek:
Dominik Hasek: NHL should suspend Russian players amid Ukraine war
Dumbest post in this boards history.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Yes, but adding a player who is on LTIR without subtracting anyone off the roster won't create any cap space. I explained all of this on pages 1 and 2.
Sorry, missed that, but wouldn’t the point of taking on a contract like that and burying it on LTIR be for getting picks back?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Sorry, missed that, but wouldn’t the point of taking on a contract like that and burying it on LTIR be for getting picks back?

Teams like Arizona do that, but I can't see us doing it beyond this year. We might weaponize our cap space this year to get another pick or two.

The original poster was suggesting that we create cap space by adding a player on LTIR, like Toronto has done in the past, but Toronto traded away players and took back LTIR players.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Vegas is going to pull a Tampa Bay. They will go into the playoffs with a $90+M roster.

Such a stupid ruleset. How can the cap not mean anything in the playoffs?

I'd be interested to hear how the cap could/should be applied to the playoffs. Not being a smart arse, would honestly love to hear some ideas.
Every time I try and put a method together it breaks down.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
While I would love rakell if the plan is to sign him long term I don’t see how that all works out

the plan is to then stick Kakko on the third line for the foreseeable future??? I don’t see it

the rangers need an upgrade on Strome and while rakell is a good player he’s a winger. I’m not about to block Kakko for the foreseeable future. I mean if the play is stick rakell on the third line I guess that’s fine. Upgrade on Strome keep Kakko on the 2nd line when he comes back
Yeah. Bit of a pickle. I think a healthy Kakko is absolutely fine in the top six but we don’t know about the health part yet. When will he be back. Will he have a lot of catching up to do? Probably a rental is enough but a cheap top six rental is hard to find.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangers in 7

effen

Feb 3, 2018
How did someone who can’t skate get drafted so high
dYWUhmH.png

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Yeah but it only took him only 2 years to break the 20 goal barrier and he has consistently been over 20 goals except the one year in 2017 where he only played 58 games due to injury. Listen you have the right to continue to believe in Chytil but Kreider is a better skater, has a deceptive shot and always had a better feel for the game. Chytil's biggest issue is his ice vision and hockey IQ.
Kreider is a faster skater. Chytil is much quicker changing direction and is better on the boards. This is Kreids' biggest weakness.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not so fast. Right now, Vegas has to hustle just to make the playoffs. If Stone is healthy enough to play, they need to get him in the lineup.
Was thinking this too. That maybe they need to bring back Stone to just make the playoffs.
But many Vegas fans are saying Stone is legit not well enough to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad