Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIX - I Won’t Back Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Saw this highlight. The linesman held the Coyote back and let Mckinnon get several shots in. Terrible job by the official.
99.9% of players wouldn’t punch a guy who’s being restrained. Linesman wouldn’t have expected that.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
99.9% of players wouldn’t punch a guy who’s being restrained. Linesman wouldn’t have expected that.
That's why they shouldn't try to break a fight up by themselves. And lots of players punch a guy being restrained.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
No more buyouts, pleaese! Nemeth can be traded. Someone will take him in the offseason. We dont need anymore dead money on our books as we are finally getting back to normal with that
Word. I’d rather attach a pick - it probably wouldn’t be more than a third - than pile up more buyouts.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Rangers should be scouring the guys leaving the KHL and signing them for the remainder of the season. They have cap space. I’d even go as far as to say they should sign a couple of them, overpay them, and stash them in the AHL for the remainder of the season. Even if they take a bit of a cap hit to do so, it’s free reinforcements for a team who should compete in the playoffs.

Jensen and Granlund
1 year at $1.75m per for this year only. The small additional cap hit won’t hurt the team. If they beat out someone like McKegg or Hunt or Gauthier, great. If not, then waive them and send them to Hartford.
Good idea. Sign a bunch and even if one works out, that’s terrific. The cap this season is found money.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Using that criteria we've found through the draft or very early trades, Stepan, Miller, Hayes, Dubinsky and Chytil. We also seem to be able to get top-4 d-men out of nowhere.
I don't like going in to bat for the way we draft and develop players, because i'm not a fan overall and think we should be better with the resources we could have at our disposal, but we're no worse than average at it. Not being able to find a 70pt center through the draft, ever, is quite impressive though

It is literally the only thing holding us back from being a true contender year in and year out. I hope it doesn't f*** up our chances at the cup(s).

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I almost knew the reply before I even finished the post. Asset Management. That's like a buzz word around here like "mainstream media" and "sources say". Haha

Terrible asset management would be keeping Buch for a 1 year deal and letting him walk for nothing after this year. All the while you know everybody on here would be clamoring for Laf and Kakko to get the time Buch was getting. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Yeah in hindsight the return looks bad. But again, Buch had never scored more the 50 points in a season, had never played a full season, had no contract and played a position we had a ton of younger players coming up trying to take. Blais, on the other hand, played a game the Rangers had none of, was a cup winner and was playing well for us at the time where the team looked its worse. I imagine now he would look very good on the second or third line getting Goat and Hunt out of the top 9. Thems the breaks though.

Also, we haven't made any trades yet. We don't know what we are targeting nor do we know what we will give up. Things remain to be seen.
Hold on. Are you saying these decisions aren’t made in a vacuum and the results aren’t ‘black and white’? Don’t like this…you’re forcing me to think and be measured in my opinion. Nah. i think I’ll stick with THEY SUCK!
Ah…better…

Reactions: MrAlmost

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You dont trade near PPG players to fit .30ppg players

This is why Drury will ruin this team. Because he moves proven talent for the chance that Krappo or Laf take over, when its evident to everyone it wouldnt be this or next season

Could be contending for a Cup this year with Buchnevich and Fast, but instead they will get worse over the next year as they lose Strome
Remember, though, things weren’t expected to move this quickly. (If you believe this team’s window is opening, that is). So at the time, Fast was considered kind of a luxury.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

This is why Drury will ruin this team. Because he moves proven talent for the chance that Krappo or Laf take over, when its evident to everyone it wouldnt be this or next season

Could be contending for a Cup this year with Buchnevich and Fast, but instead they will get worse over the next year as they lose Strome
Hahahah this is beyond stupid

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

Even with those players the Rangers aren't winning this year.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Word. I’d rather attach a pick - it probably wouldn’t be more than a third - than pile up more buyouts.

He is nowhere near marc staal territory yet in play, also his contract is minimal. Staal had a 2nd attached. I can see a 4th or 5th with nemeth if we needed to trade him that way. But i doubt we will need to attach anything. Teams are always looking for dmen.

Reactions: egelband

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Barron being showcased?
Honestly I’m 50/50.

if GG won’t play him, I hope some team trades for him and he gets his minutes. I don’t like the Boyle comparisons because Barron is more physical and has a better shot.
I think he turns into a Paul Gaustead clone.
He’s great down low, in front of the net, and along the boards. He’s also good at faceoffs and can Pk.

terrible wasted opportunity not giving him regular 3C minutes while our guys were out with injuries....

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is nowhere near marc staal territory yet in play, also his contract is minimal. Staal had a 2nd attached. I can see a 4th or 5th with nemeth if we needed to trade him that way. But i doubt we will need to attach anything. Teams are always looking for dmen.
Staal was better. We were just sick of him

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
62081544.jpg

Easy! That's my mother's maiden name.
Your moms name was Walnuts?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I do not miss Staal pinning the puck against the wall instead of making a 10 foot breakout pass every shift

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers trade Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Chytil, Georgiev 1st 2022, 2ed (blues) 2022 to Ducks for Rakell, Comtois, Lundestrom and McTavish

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kyle Okposo. Scored his 15th goal tonight, has 32 points in 50 games. He would be pretty cheap to acquire, though we'd want Buffalo to retain 50%, and if possible, another team to retain 25%, since he has another year left on his contract.

All the retaining would drive up the price a bit, but he's a physical guy with good size. He could fit in a middle 6 role.

Crazy idea or not? If we could spend a 2nd and a 2023 3rd to get him at 1.5 mil for this year and next, what do people think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad