Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Last thread almost at 2000 posts
Off we go!

BIALYSTOK, POLAND on FEBRUARY 25, 2022
Just outta the hospital after 8 days intensive treatment for a severe case of diverticulitis that almost went bad - only to be met by… WAR. In Europe. Anno 2022. We chose to to live in my wife’s home village 7 years ago after some years of traveling that came after the insane but unforgettable Iceland Adventure (8 years). It is located on nice farmland and with a big house (her parents - that still live in Iceland) on a dirt road in a forest full of wild animals - but located only 30 miles from the Belarus border and that crazy, mustached dictator Lukasjenko. Closest Military base From here a mere 3 miles away. Military fueling depot (airport) only 1 mile away. Seen a huge buildup of troops and weapons in the region the past year. Especially the last 6 months. Saw a long convoy of tanks, canons and military trucks going East yesterday morning while driving our little daughter Aurora to the Kindergarten. Kids are curious and wonder, it’s what you answer that provides trust or invokes fear. We have now have scores of black helicopters refueling every hour right outside of here. Sometimes with long lines of them circling right above the house. Feels like a deranged scene outta Apocalypse Now. My wife is helping with a charity right now to help house Ukrainian refugees that have started coming here already. A human tragedy. Worlds gone totally bezerk. God forbid small men with small testicles and big egos & lotsa power… the struggle of many good lives are on the line now…for what reasonable purpose I cannot say…to be continued…

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Off we go!

Just outta the hospital after 8 days intensive treatment for a severe case of diverticulitis that almost went bad - only to be met by… WAR. In Europe. Anno 2022. We chose to to live in my wife’s home village 7 years ago after some years of traveling that came after the insane but unforgettable Iceland Adventure (8 years). It is located on nice farmland and with a big house (her parents - that still live in Iceland) on a dirt road in a forest full of wild animals - but located only 30 miles from the Belarus border and that crazy, mustached dictator Lukasjenko. Closest Military base From here a mere 3 miles away. Military fueling depot (airport) only 1 mile away. Seen a huge buildup of troops and weapons in the region the past year. Especially the last 6 months. Saw a long convoy of tanks, canons and military trucks going East yesterday morning while driving our little daughter Aurora to the Kindergarten. Kids are curious and wonder, it’s what you answer that provides trust or invokes fear. We have now have scores of black helicopters refueling every hour right outside of here. Sometimes with long lines of them circling right above the house. Feels like a deranged scene outta Apocalypse Now. My wife is helping with a charity right now to help house Ukrainian refugees that have started coming here already. A human tragedy. Worlds gone totally bezerk. God forbid small men with small testicles and big egos & lotsa power… the struggle of many good lives are on the line now…for what reasonable purpose I cannot say…to be continued…
Time to join me at the end of the flat earth. It’s quiet here. At least for the time being :)

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
I’m on board for Giordano but I’m guessing others will be as well. I’d be willing to go as high as one of our 2’s plus a prospect l like Reunanen or Henriksson…someone in that range. Depending on the level of interest from other teams, that may not be enough.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’m on board for Giordano but I’m guessing others will be as well. I’d be willing to go as high as one of our 2’s plus a prospect l like Reunanen or Henriksson…someone in that range. Depending on the level of interest from other teams, that may not be enough.

I don’t think he’s going to cost a lot and if Seattle wants NYR can eat the money to pay less

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Off we go!

Wow, didn't know you were over there. Stay safe. Hope the diverticulitis gets better. Ive had bouts with that too for the last 10 years. Not fun. Chicken broth and dry toast when i get it.

For the charity, can you post a link up?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This is a buyers market with the cap complications. Wait for the 11th hour and swoop in on some secondary pieces for next to nothing. We need our 1st round picks. We're not the Leafs or Tampa. We're not all in. Even the f***ing Caps on a relative decline with the end in sight in the next 5 years realize they have to hedge themselves by holding onto 1st round picks in order to not end up with a bottom 5 team when Ovie retires. We have Vitali and Nils as bait. That's plenty more than enough to return the quality piece(s). The rest can be bought for mid round picks plus whatever roster player we have to send back like Gauthier or Hajek.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Having a solid 5 on 5 outing is bad for the can't do any playoff damage- doom and gloomer crowd who only want to give up 2nd round draft picks at the TDL. They pray we continue to win on the back of Shesty so they can shit on Drury when he moves Lundqvist and one of our top prospects.

Speaking of, while Jones makes some errors, he also shows some real flash and great Fox-lite escapability + willingness to do shit in the O zone. No tentativeness. Nothing Lundqvist showed at all during his time up. A good game from him was not getting hemmed in the D zone all game long and firing a bomb or two from the point (even Nemeth can do that...jk not really)

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Having a solid 5 on 5 outing is bad for the can't do any playoff damage- doom and gloomer crowd who only want to give up 2nd round draft picks at the TDL. They pray we continue to win on the back of Shesty so they can shit on Drury when he moves Lundqvist and one of our top prospects.

Speaking of, while Jones makes some errors, he also shows some real flash and great Fox-lite escapability + willingness to do shit in the O zone. No tentativeness. Nothing Lundqvist showed at all during his time up. A good game from him was not getting hemmed in the D zone all game long and firing a bomb or two from the point (even Nemeth can do that...jk not really)

I like Jones a lot, but i still think we need an upgrade in that spot if we are serious about making a run, at the least someone who can fill that spot if the pressure and physicality of playoff hockey wears on him in his first season. I haven't looked it up but is Robertson able to be called up without using waivers to send him down.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Our 3rd line is what might keep us from winning a round or multiple rounds, there's absolutely no offense coming from it with Chytil and Gauthier. If we are to make a run we A) need to be healthy because our depth is not ideal. B) Need Offense from our 3rd line C) need a LD for the bottom 4.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Off we go!

Can I share this?

Reactions: BBKers

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I like Jones a lot, but i still think we need an upgrade in that spot if we are serious about making a run, at the least someone who can fill that spot if the pressure and physicality of playoff hockey wears on him in his first season. I haven't looked it up but is Robertson able to be called up without using waivers to send him down.

Robertson is in the first year of his ELC. He won't be waiver eligible until 24-25.

That said, he hasn't got a sniff yet at this level, so I doubt he's a consideration at this point.

Reactions: leetch99

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
The rangers are more likely to call up othmann than robertson barring injuries

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don’t know that I want to add a dman unless it’s a depth guy. I really like the Jones-Schneider pairing and I think if we allow them to play out the remaining schedule together they will only get better as a duo. I’m comfortable with them as our third pair. Obviously an insurance veteran, better than Nemeth, if one of them falters is good, but a guy who will push Jones out of the lineup automatically doesn’t seem necessary to me.

I definitely would like to add to the forward group. I like Barron in the lineup, but even with Chytil and Kakko back… who knows. I would love to add third line/middle six rental types who can greatly enhance our depth and contribute offensively when the games get tight. To that end, guys like Lehkonen, Jarnkrok and Copp are my favorite targets. Unless an opportunity to really solve the 2C comes along unexpectedly, I wouldn’t be looking for a bigger deal and I don’t really think Miller is it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Friedman has us tied to Oloffson?

meh. If he's not going to get PP1 time, his value falls. With Kakko and Laffy in the top6 RW, he makes no sense.

Lekhonen or bust.

Kreider Zibs Laffy
Panarin Strome Chytil
Lekhonen Barron Kakko
Rooney Goodrow Hunt/Reaves

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

meh. If he's not going to get PP1 time, his value falls. With Kakko and Laffy in the top6 RW, he makes no sense.

Lekhonen or bust.
Olofsson over Kakko in the top-six right now. Worst case, Olofsson drops to the third line, giving us credible secondary firepower. Not the worst thing in the world to have a scoring (rather than checking) third line and a hybrid checking-defensive fourth line. Lehkonen could be nice -- but, before that, I'd like to find a way to get Keggers the hell outta this roster (i.e., trading for a center).

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Based on what we have heard about Georgiev, his removal from the locker room is addition by subtraction. It doesn't seem he is very happy with his situation here. Time for him to go. Apparently, Vegas and Edmonton are in the market for a goaltender. The Devils are looking for a goaltender. Georgiev's cap hit is more affordable than MAF. The Rangers can't afford him beyond this season. These teams need to step up and make Drury a real offer. Drury can acquire Greiss from Detroit to finish out this season.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I don’t know that I want to add a dman unless it’s a depth guy. I really like the Jones-Schneider pairing and I think if we allow them to play out the remaining schedule together they will only get better as a duo. I’m comfortable with them as our third pair. Obviously an insurance veteran, better than Nemeth, if one of them falters is good, but a guy who will push Jones out of the lineup automatically doesn’t seem necessary to me.

I definitely would like to add to the forward group. I like Barron in the lineup, but even with Chytil and Kakko back… who knows. I would love to add third line/middle six rental types who can greatly enhance our depth and contribute offensively when the games get tight. To that end, guys like Lehkonen, Jarnkrok and Copp are my favorite targets. Unless an opportunity to really solve the 2C comes along unexpectedly, I wouldn’t be looking for a bigger deal and I don’t really think Miller is it.

Mostly agree. As I look at the roster, here are the deficiencies come playoffs:

1. The second line. Strome and Panarin aren't generating enough 5v5 or transitioning possession from the boards to the high danger scoring areas. It's a problem when your second line is perimeter. This situation needs to be solved. And I'm not sure Kakko or another 3rd wheel solves this problem. Ryan Strome needs to solve this problem. Or his replacement does. Everyone knows what Panarin's game is. He hangs out on the half boards waiting for the puck to be rimmed around. He occasionally forechecks. He rarely finds himself inside the circles during 5v5. Strome slashes and tries to use his speed to create lanes for Panarin, which is fine, but he also needs to win puck battles and battle the puck to the front of the net. Rangers NEED more from this unit 5v5. They need to score in half-court offense situations, it cannot just be off the rush. It's the single biggest hesitation in resigning Strome.

SOLUTION: Keep looking into Strome replacements. This is a must. They may end up resigning Strome, but it's no secret he's not the most ideal player, he's a good regular season option, but not entirely ideal. Let Kakko entirely heal. I dunno where I saw it but someone said it was a wrist. If it's a wrist, those injuries are hard to come back from in-season. It's just hard to build up the strength to play with skill, not to mention boardwork is more challenging. So, really important to buy as much time as possible for Kakko if it is indeed a wrist.

2. The third line. The line manages to have an identity when Goodrow or Barron are centering it. When Chytil centers that line it's just a far less effective scoring line. But that line needs to have bite, it needs to forecheck and wear teams out and play D. The ideal fit for our third line is a young Carl Hagelin type. Someone with speed who can go get the dump ins, generate a forecheck, and use their speed in the offensive zone to create space. Gauthier is still developing this part of his game. Chytil, if converted to a wing, has the speed to be this kind of a player. But he's become less effective at winning battles. And his D leaves a lot to be desired. Ideally, for this playoff run, we'd bring in someone who can be that Hagelin type. Lekhonen is the best fit it seems. Imagine having another Goodrow type but with that extra gear. That would transform the third line and help other guys like Goodrow and Barron be more effective. It would really solidify that third line and make us much harder to play against. Theoretically, I could see a third line of Barron-trade-Chytil/Gauthier/Goodrow.

3. Bottom Pair D -- I am a huge Zac Jones fan. But the big question is -- will Gallant give him enough playing time down the stretch to work out the issues in his game before the playoffs? I have my doubts. And Nemeth is not the solution. I would be okay with acquiring a bottom 6 D IF it doesn't cost much and is a clear upgrade over Nemeth.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Lekhonen or bust.

Kreider Zibs Laffy
Panarin Strome Chytil
Lekhonen Barron Kakko
Rooney Goodrow Hunt/Reaves

This team should have always been in on Lehkonen. He's quite literally what the team needs now and probably over the next 3-4 years which plays into the fact that he is a RFA, not UFA.

Barron playing well would be a HUGE welcome as well. It's time to take the kid gloves off and let him play.

I still think a Gauthier + pick for Lehkonen deal makes sense for all involved.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Olofsson over Kakko in the top-six right now. Worst case, Olofsson drops to the third line, giving us credible secondary firepower. Not the worst thing in the world to have a scoring (rather than checking) third line and a hybrid checking-defensive fourth line. Lehkonen could be nice -- but, before that, I'd like to find a way to get Keggers the hell outta this roster (i.e., trading for a center).

The qualifying offer is $3.25M. The Rangers don't feel comfortable with what it will cost them in a long term contract. Olofsson is one year away from group III.

Lehkonen's qualifying offer is $2.3M. He is one year away from group III. What will Lehkonen want in his next contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad