Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Which podcast? He didn’t say anything about Nylander on the 32 thoughts podcast which was released yesterday.
it was a summary of the podcast that someone made BS claims in posing as friedman statements. it's not credible

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked. Have to think they'll proceed with caution though, but they're also still "in it" in the West. Their game is against Vegas. Directly ahead of them. Lose this one, probably selling off.

Vegas pulling their heads out of their ass for one night to add another seller would be a big thing for the market this week.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Rakell is on the first line as soon as Laf makes even the slightest mistake on the ice. Giving Gallant veterans to play in place of the kids is going to be a mistake, IMO.
painful but probably true.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked. Have to think they'll proceed with caution though, but they're also still "in it" in the West. Their game is against Vegas. Directly ahead of them. Lose this one, probably selling off.

Vegas pulling their heads out of their ass for one night to add another seller would be a big thing for the market this week.

I see what you're saying but at the same time maybe it pushes them to try to get Stone back (not trying to diminish his back injury) if they keep falling? If that is the case then they would definitely have to unload a player like Smith?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
while kravtsov's main value to us should be in our lineup I feel like he is destine to end up in arz was a payment for them being the 3rd party retaining money on some sort of crazy deal that includes a player with term.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
What is going on in Vegas? Who are they selling off? At this point it'd be a cap dump. Smith may come 'cheap' comparative to his value

I'd take R.Smith and Lehkonen
They're trying to pawn off Dadonov to whoever wants him. Would free up money for them to make a move. Smith is out with a knee injury, on IR.

Their teetering on running the risk of missing the playoffs, but if they get in and are healthy with Stone, they're going to be the favorites to get out of the Pacific.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They're trying to pawn off Dadonov to whoever wants him. Would free up money for them to make a move. Smith is out with a knee injury, on IR.

Their teetering on running the risk of missing the playoffs, but if they get in and are healthy with Stone, they're going to be the favorites to get out of the Pacific.
no one is gonna take the extra term left on Dadonov's contract.

Contenders can't afford him and bad teams need incentive aka cap dump. Or they can trade Smith to a contender like us but at a discount.

Vegas is falling apart at the seams. Eichel cursed

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Contenders can't afford him and bad teams need incentive aka cap dump. Or they can trade Smith to a contender like us but at a discount.

I mean they have massive injuries, it happens. They have like 7 or 9 regulars out injured. Any team would struggle with that.

If everyone is hurt than they dont need to move smith, they are fine. They are much more likely to keep their players and try to sneak in than they are to start a selloff.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

They could add a prospect to get him off the books. Only 1 year left, but his salary is actually higher than the cap hit. Might be tough, but I expect it to happen this summer at least.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I mean they have massive injuries, it happens. They have like 7 or 9 regulars out injured. Any team would struggle with that.

If everyone is hurt than they dont need to move smith, they are fine. They are much more likely to keep their players and try to sneak in than they are to start a selloff.

They're not really fine if they miss the playoffs. They were built specifically to win this season. Summertime they'll have to gut the roster, regardless. They're going to lose Smith, & one of Marchessault/Pacioretty. Or pay someone a 1st to move Dadonov.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What is going on in Vegas? Who are they selling off? At this point it'd be a cap dump. Smith may come 'cheap' comparative to his value

I'd take R.Smith and Lehkonen

Karlsson to NYR for Chytil, Nemeth, Georgiev and Kravtsov

let Strome Walk.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I don't think missing the playoffs is an option.

They're in a bind. Not too familiar with the timelines of the injuries but they need to cut at least $13-15M while also helping their chances of making the playoffs. The 'easiest' route would be to keep Stone out until the playoffs but they need to make the playoffs... Even with that they'd need to cut a Dadonov or Smith.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I don't think missing the playoffs is an option.

They're in a bind. Not too familiar with the timelines of the injuries but they need to cut at least $13-15M while also helping their chances of making the playoffs. The 'easiest' route would be to keep Stone out until the playoffs but they need to make the playoffs... Even with that they'd need to cut a Dadonov or Smith.
if stone comes back they could just hide some lesser players to make it work. I mean if we are honest here they are going to manipulate this thing however they have to. The only deal they would make would probably to deal one of those hurt players for something that helps them now that can play. I mean would AG, gauthier, and hajak for smith work? redundant players for us that could help bridge vegas now, but we would have to have additional moves lined up to help our roster, but we have the cap space to do it

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I probably shouldn't say this as a moderator but it amazes how people are stupid/lazy enough to fall for these obviously fake accounts every year.

5jbrj8.jpg

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
• While Dylan Strome has certainly played well as of late, it doesn’t appear he’s been removed from the trade block. One league source said Monday the Blackhawks were still shopping Strome.

As for the asking price, the Blackhawks are hoping to get a second-round draft pick for him, a source said. It’ll be interesting to see over the next week whether another team is convinced Strome’s recent play is worth acquiring him.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Elliotte Friedman did say Vancouver is trying to send teams their problems. Vancouver has an issue with Boeser's contract and they want to move him. Other teams are saying we will have the same issue with Boeser. Elliotte believes Vancouver is trying to clear money for Miller. He used Zibanejad's contract as a comparison. $8.5. 8 years. Vancouver wants to clear cap with Boeser's contract but other teams are leery of the next Boeser contract. Miller will be 30 when his current contract expires. That's a huge commitment. The Rangers already have that type of contract on their books. With the current NHL landscape, Miller's best deal could be in Vancouver. Johnny Gaudreau's best deal in in Calgary. How many people thought the player would end up playing in Philadelphia or somewhere in the east closer to south Jersey? His best deal is in Calgary. Grab the bag while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad