Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thats insane.

All 3 of them suck lol.
I mean that can't happen can it??? lol oh man the Leafs. The level of desperation is probably real tho. Send them Big Georgie for their first (I wish)

I don't like the idea of thinking you don't have a chance but honestly no matter what they do at the TDL I don't see them beating TB or Fla in 7 games.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Anyone know if Hockeyinsidder on Twitter ever broke anything legitimate? They are at 30k followers now. Trying to remember if they ever got one or if its just a hack looking for clicks.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If (huge if) Nylander is dealt, I'm sure full cap relief and being able to spread what they are spending on him throughout the rest of the lineup would also be a big motivation for doing the deal.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
And what was right for the team? Playing a useless knob like Gauthier who has no future here? Keeping that extra space for McKegg? Foolishly hope Kakko and Laf would suddenly emerge as top 6 players with no backup plan?

You can wax on that Drury should stand his ground and take no shit all day, you're mostly right, but what did he win by doing that? Lost a valuable asset and our RW depth is the worst in the league. He can add that trophy to his case.

At no point in this pathetic saga did Drury do the right thing. Not once. He f***ed it up from day 1. It was obviously not his sole doing, but I find it hard to not be frustrated that he knew the outcome of everything he did and still chose wrong.
The right thing was sending the young player down to get in shape, like they did previously with Chytil, like they did with Lundkvist, like they have with Jones. Young players should go where they are told to work on what they are told to work on, whether conditioning or skills. They should NOT dictate where and when they play.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
And since it’s obviously that time of year again, no, the fake rumor accounts are not secret insiders, nor do they have inside access that the main people aren’t reporting.

If it’s real, itll be coming from one of Seravalli, Friedman, McKenzie (when he wants), Lavoie, Strickland, Weekes, and a few of the other Athletic/TSN reporters.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
And since it’s obviously that time of year again, no, the fake rumor accounts are not secret insiders, nor do they have inside access that the main people aren’t reporting.

If it’s real, itll be coming from one of Seravalli, Friedman, McKenzie (when he wants), Lavoie, Strickland, Weekes, and a few of the other Athletic/TSN reporters.

More importantly it's only a real rumor if we like the proposed trade. If we don't like it then they are just speculating without sources.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
TB traded Tony Deangelo to Phoenix for a 2nd(#37-Hajek). Carolina traded Jake Bean to Columbus for a 2nd(#44). The Rangers traded Lias Andersson for a late 2nd(#60). Kravstov for a 2nd round pick. Arizona has a million 2nd round picks.
That would be a fair trade. What the heck is Arizona gonna do with 5 2nd round picks lol.
Maybe we can get their 2nd via the Flyers in the Gostisbehere trade?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's someone reporting what was said on the podcast, not posing as an insider.
I know. The account that normally does that, Editor in J, has the handle @ Account4hockey. That guy is just using a well-written tweet to impersonate Friedman.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Vancouver is now 3pts out of a playoff spot with a game in hand on Vegas. Pretty much eliminated JTM from the conversation

Pretty crazy how tight the Western Wild Card is.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver is now 3pts out of a playoff spot with a game in hand on Vegas. Pretty much eliminated JTM from the conversation

Pretty crazy how tight the Western Wild Card is.

Thank goodness. let them resign him for 8 years x8.5 million.
Yeah should be a fun finish. I hope Mark Stone is getting some good back massages to get him to heal faster.

Reactions: Circus86

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
According to Freidman Toronto would trade Nylander for a goalie + pick and mentions Georgiev, Lankinen, and Blackwood.
I have to go listen to this podcast, there's no way this is what he said. Toronto is not trading Nylander for Georgiev unless something else major is going with him to Toronto.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
If Drury is all over Rakell it would be cool if they got a deal done before the game tonight, and he just switched lockerrooms.

If I recall correctly, this happened one year. I think it was in the 90's on a St. Patty's day when Tikkanen was traded straight up for Weight.

If Drury is all over Rakell it would be cool if they got a deal done before the game tonight, and he just switched lockerrooms.

If I recall correctly, this happened one year. I think it was in the 90's on a St. Patty's day when Tikkanen was traded straight up for Weight.

They just switched teams before warmups. Crazy

They just switched teams befor

e warmups. Crazy

I was at that game.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Nylander is basically a point per game player. Would need to make the money work.

Georgiev and Lindgren. Leafs have been asking for a tough, shutdown defender. It could get complicated, but this seems like an offseason move for the Leafs.

Lindgren, Georgiev and a pick for Nylander and then trade for Lindholm and re-sign him? Not sure how it would work cap wise but that would be pretty wild if that's what Drury was looking to do.

Still don't buy it at all and agree any potential Nylander deal would most likely be an offseason deal for Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad