Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
even if he tops out as a 3rd liner he's better than anything else we're running there aside from Goodrow

Not convinced of that at all. I wouldn't swap Chytil for Jost.

Hunt, McEggs, Gauthier, Rooney maybe. Gauthiers speed and size is a nice combo. Just cant f'n score. Hunt's got moxy. I think it will be a factor in playoff games. He's hated now, but there is something there. Wouldn't be dissapointed if any of them were moved for Jost.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Rakell is on the first line as soon as Laf makes even the slightest mistake on the ice. Giving Gallant veterans to play in place of the kids is going to be a mistake, IMO.
You can't even really call it a mistake. The Rangers would know exactly what would happen in that scenario and they would be doing it anyway.

The Rangers don't make mistakes for the most part. They think they're running the team absolutely fine.

Reactions: mike14

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The FO is is pretty much in lockstep with what the coaches want to do. They're hiring these people. They keep hiring people that fit the philosophy, that's why nothing changes.

Other than the 2015 deadline when Gorton acquired multiple 4th liners to get Glass out and AV laughed in his face (which was f***ing hilarious), they're very much on the same page.

They're ok with Gallant riding vets. He's always done that and they hired him.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Rakell seems to be the guy based on everything that's been said. As long as it's a 2nd rounder+ it's whatever. Panarin could turn him into what he used to be.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers RW target list should have one name on it. Connor Brown. No one else that is likely available makes sense.

For Middle six forward you can go Lehkonen. For bottom six forward you can go Erne.

Three names to improve the team. All under control next season, (Lehkonen RFA), all don’t break the bank. Any UFA is a mistake (Lindholm, Rackell, Domi, etc) is a mistake with the Rangers cap situation. Would be a waste of assets.

Kreider Zibanejad Lafreniere
Panarin Strome (Brown or Kakko)
Lehkonen Goodrow (Kakko or Brown)
Erne Rooney Reaves/Hunt

Suddenly that forward group makes sense. Right now it doesn’t make sense.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think we'll see minor moves

1) A middle six player nobody would have thought of and doesn't move the needle really, but is fine.

2) More hitting not in lieu of Reaves but in addition to, so our 4th line can really never have the puck.

The Rangers are very f***ing good at the second one.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Make moves for next season....not this one . If one can be done that works for both and we can fit it in next season and the one after....that is the way to go . Add guys that are playoff type guys...not timid turn the cheek guys . Add real hockey players that have an edge to their game that is in the mold of our coach when he played . Don't trade picks like candy....trade the ones that management deems as surplus at this stage and we do have a few already along with 3-4 roster players . Overall...make us a harder club to play against like the Blues -Wild-Calgary . In a seven game series you won't win with all pretty boys and of those we have enough already .

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Imagine the fans reaction when the Rangers do nothing at the deadline

I want them to be buyers but it takes 2 to tango. If Hertl re-signs and Miller is off the table they should make a few depth rental additions and leave any large scale changes to the roster for the summer. They shouldn't try to force moves that aren't there.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I want them to be buyers but it takes 2 to tango. If Hertl re-signs and Miller is off the table they should make a few depth rental additions and leave any large scale changes to the roster for the summer. They shouldn't try to force moves that aren't there.
i agree but how hard is it to upgrade Gauthier Chytil McKegg Brodzinski in a trade

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
i agree but how hard is it to upgrade Gauthier Chytil McKegg Brodzinski in a trade

Rakell/Copp/Jarnkrok types are way better than those guys, and i think the Rangers are definitely in on them. I also would not be shocked if the Rangers pivot to Lindholm/Chiarot now that it doesn't appear any true top 6 forwards will be moved

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rakell/Copp/Jarnkrok types are way better than those guys, and i think the Rangers are definitely in on them. I also would not be shocked if the Rangers pivot to Lindholm/Chiarot now that it doesn't appear any true top 6 forwards will be moved

the only way i want a defenseman upgrade is to replace Nemeth. I rather trade for either one of Mark Giordano or Hampus Lindholm and stay far from Chiarot.

I can see Giordano be the main target Drury gets at the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad