iu

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Give me Max Domi and Giroux up front at the deadline. Trade for McBain

Replace Chytil, McKegg, Gauthier, Nemeth

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Even if the Rangers do the bare minimum and add 2 rental forwards and get Kakko healthy, the lines look worlds better.

Kreider-Mika-Laf
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Goodrow-Jarnkrok-Rakell
Hunt-Rooney-Reaves

Whats that going to cost us? 2 2nds and another mid-round pick or prospect? This team is going to be just fine.

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Even if the Rangers do the bare minimum and add 2 rental forwards and get Kakko healthy, the lines look worlds better.

Kreider-Mika-Laf
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Goodrow-Jarnkrok-Rakell
Hunt-Rooney-Reaves

Whats that going to cost us? 2 2nds and another mid-round pick or prospect? This team is going to be just fine.

I like this lineup
Kreider Mika Lafy
Panarin Strome Kakko
Goodrow Giroux Domi
Hunt Rooney Reaves

A bit more physicality up front. Giroux for his size is feisty. Rangers will need that in the playoffs.

Sidney Crosby vs. Claude Giroux, April 15, 2012 - Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I like this lineup
Kreider Mika Lafy
Panarin Strome Kakko
Goodrow Giroux Domi
Hunt Rooney Reaves

A bit more physicality up front. Giroux for his size is feisty. Rangers will need that in the playoffs.

I am very much in favor of trading for a player of Giroux/Hertl/Miller caliber. Its what they need in the top 6, and there are avenues to keep any of the 3 around beyond this season.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I am very much in favor of trading for a player of Giroux/Hertl/Miller caliber. Its what they need in the top 6, and there are avenues to keep any of the 3 around beyond this season.

I prefer Giroux. Only cause if we play the Penguins it would be a great advantage to have. Hertl scares me and Miller I am not sure how he will do in the playoffs. Giroux has been in big playoff games before. I rather trade for Giroux if they are going to trade Lundkvist 1st as bait for.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I bet Domi is a Ranger by the deadline. He adds skill and some grit in the top 9. He has an edge, he would be a good player to have in a 7 game series. Domi is fast too

A 3rd line of Goodrow Domi would be a huge upgrade

Or Panarin Domi Strome

He certainly helped the Habs with his 3 points in 10 games... (I have no idea what his play was like in the playoffs, or what it's like now, it just seems a bit weird to call him a good player for a 7 game series when there's absolutely no statistical evidence for it).
Although if he can play right wing we might as well get him in

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I bet Domi is a Ranger by the deadline. He adds skill and some grit in the top 9. He has an edge, he would be a good player to have in a 7 game series. Domi is fast too

A 3rd line of Goodrow Domi would be a huge upgrade

Or Panarin Domi Strome

Posted the same thing a few weeks back, could absolutely see it.

Can play C/W. Plays with an edge. Can play with skilled players and slot in different spots. Draft pedigree. NYR ties.

Store brand JT Miller. Hope that he recaptures some of the early magic he had in Montreal. Absolutely see them making this move if others fall through.

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
Panarin Strome Giroux

I don't think Philly trades their captain to the Rangers, and if they did, the cost would be high and we might have to watch it pay off for them for years. He's also been rumored to want to go to several teams other than us. From a style of play aspect, definitely, but overall I don't see the fit.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Giroux is not coming to the rangers. I wish Friedman wouldn’t muse about the rangers. Gets people all worked up for no reason.

Let us dream! But yeah, it’s going way out on a limb to say Philly will trade him here AND he wants to come here. And the ask is probably even more then what we think is an overpay. I’m still hoping the Hertl talks break down

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Let us dream! But yeah, it’s going way out on a limb to say Philly will trade him here AND he wants to come here. And the ask is probably even more then what we think is an overpay. I’m still hoping the Hertl talks break down
I feel like Giroux actually rather dislikes the rangers and considers himself a flyer for life. I want nothing to do with him. And I figure the feeling is mutual.

Reactions: Good Intentions

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Esposito absolutely HATED the Rangers.

BUT he didn't have a NMC.
Exactly what I was thinking when when I mentioned it. Some dudes just don’t fit. I’m sure if we acquire Giroux years ago he’d be great. But at this point I’d like to avoid him.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also I think Drury gets this. If nothing else, he knows the lockerroom. We can probably all agree on that, at least.

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad