Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIV: There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
why trade for Eichel when you sign Taveras for free!? and if im trading a truck load im trading for PPG player
1. Eichel fits with our core and core age better. Tavares doesn’t really fit our style and isn’t going to be in his prime much long where Eichel isn’t even in his prime yet.
2. Tavares won’t sign here and if he does I’m buying everyone on this site a beer
3. Eichel pretty much is a PPG player. And it’s pretty obvious he’d be a PPG player in a better situation. The kid is only 21...

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
They don't like Keefe, Peters.... who in hell are they aiming at?
barry-melrose.jpg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
ROR is a guy I’d take in a heartbeat. He’s an excellent overall center and his age is a perfect fit. Nice compliment to Zibanejad as well as a 1-2 punch.
His contract is horrendous and from his quotes I doubt he wants to be on another rebuild. I'm out

Reactions: pld459666

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
This is the logical conclusion, but just remember we’re discussing scenarios involving NHL GMs; anything is possible. This is a league where Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall have both been traded.
But Eichel IS the GM

Reactions: Bozle

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That’s pretty dumb to say (no offense)
Last year, Eichel had 57 in 61. Paced for 77 points
This year he had 64 in 67. Paced for 78 points
Look at the team he’s on and who he plays with, this kids a future 90+ point guy and is what we’ve been missing for years- a franchise C
Also, 77 and 78 points back to back for a kid who’s only 21 IS a franchise C. Put him with better linemates and on a better team and he pots well above PPG. He has no support on his team and Buffalo has the lowest GF totals this year I’m pretty sure? Also have the 20th ranked PP
I don’t think it’s dumb at all. He has excuses for his low numbers but I’m not moving the ridiculous packages people are talking about in here for a guy who is elite except for the reasons he’s not.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I don’t think it’s dumb at all. He has excuses for his low numbers but I’m not moving the ridiculous packages people are talking about in here for a guy who is elite except for the reasons he’s not.
He is elite though..and I wouldn’t exactly say a guy who paced for 77+ points the last two seasons has “low numbers” I’d trade a lot for him.
His most common linemates this season are Girgensons (who had a whopping 15 points in 71 games this year.) Pominville (34 points in 82 games) and Evander Kane. Now Evander Kane may seem like a good player that Eichel played with this year (40 points in 61 games) up until you realize that away from Eichel, Kane played like complete shit. (On Buffalo only, he’s looked good with the Sharks.) You can also ask ANY Buffalo fan, Kane and Eichel had no chemistry and Sabres fans frequently complained about this on the main boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad