Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIV: There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys, chances are that something you think should be a new thread belongs in here. Mods will close or merge redundant threads as needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
It would be another hard pill to swallow, but would you trade Kreider for Edmonton’s first at the draft? If Edmonton doesn’t get the first pick.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Well, the deadline was a doozy. Time to spend the next 2 months fantasizing about winning the lottery and drafting Dahlin.

Curious if anyone can tell me where I got the title from (without the use of google). Thought it was appropriate given what transpired over the past week.

Time to fix it for the Rangers. Semi-Joking.. but really.. Bettman.. Give us the f***in pick

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Was trying to post this in the other thread

I think it's more likely they end up with Karlsson than Doughty.

Either or I think this is the line of thinking. Lay low this off season and go for a big fa next off season. If we leave the draft with say boqvist and Hughes if we get lucky this team is set for the future

As for JT as much as I would love to see a superstar of Portuguese decent on this team I don't think it's the right time. If he hit the market next off season then I'd be for it the timing is off by a yr

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iCk4zYI.png

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Depends on where it is and who else is moved. We need some veterans on the roster.
Agreed on this. If they want a size, speed, skill, and character identity, well you have all of that in Chris Kreider. Shows up in big games too. I’d give him an A now.

We saw what adding him back into the lineup does for our game. He’s pretty irreplacable at the moment

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Well, the deadline was a doozy. Time to spend the next 2 months fantasizing about winning the lottery and drafting Dahlin.

Curious if anyone can tell me where I got the title from (without the use of google). Thought it was appropriate given what transpired over the past week.
It's from Final Fantasy 7. So is my user name.

Reactions: Ail and 045NYR

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Was trying to post this in the other thread
As for JT as much as I would love to see a superstar of Portuguese decent on this team I don't think it's the right time. If he hit the market next off season then I'd be for it the timing is off by a yr
They had Anson Carter and Kevin Weekes, you think the fanbase wouldn't accept a Portugese guy? ;)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
No turning back now. Gorton put all of his chips into the middle of the table. A few more chips to play. Kreider,Zuccarello,etc. What is Shattenkirk thinking right now? No more nuanced approach. No more let's be competitive and rebuild or rebuild on the fly. Total rebuild. Jeff Gorton production. Trade players with value to get value. Trader Jeff has made more big trades than any GM in the last couple of years. He isn't afraid to make a trade.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Agreed on this. If they want a size, speed, skill, and character identity, well you have all of that in Chris Kreider. Shows up in big games too. I’d give him an A now.

We saw what adding him back into the lineup does for our game. He’s pretty irreplacable at the moment

Yeah I'd be hesitant to move him at all, but if Edmonton blew us away then maybe. I think he's an important piece and a leader in the room. We know he's important to Buch and I'd prefer to hang onto him unless we really just can't refuse the offer.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
They had Anson Carter and Kevin Weekes, you think the fanbase wouldn't accept a Portugese guy? ;)

I'm saying i would love it as a pork chop myself (if you couldn't tell by my avatar) but signing jt at this point in the rebuild is wrong timing next off season would be better timing.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Very interesting this morning hearing Renaud Lavoie who I respect a lot on NhL Radio saying that no one around the league believes the rangers are just going to do this rebuild thru the draft. He says he feels they sold off guys they wanted to move on from to clear cap space and restock the farm but fully expects us to be busy in free agency over the next two years. Literally said everyone wants to play for the Rangers. It’s no secret around the league.

When I look at what we still have?

Kreider Zibanejad buchnevich
Vesey Namestnikov Zuccarello
Spooner Hayes Fast

With Andersson Chytil Howden all coming maybe Ty Ronning. Maybe another kid like svechnikov or zadina If we get in the top 3. Plus a couple wingers with those late firsts.

There’s a lot there If say you put a John Tavares on top of it.

On D you still have

skjei Shattenkirk
Staal DeAngelo
Gilmour Smith/pionk

Then you’ve got Hajek Rykov Lindgren now on the left side coming. Maybe you draft a Boqvist or Bouchard.

What if you sign a doughty or Karlsson? Or an OEL?

What if you draft Dahlin?

Then you’ve still got Hank a few years and the org is very high on shesterkin and huska.

There is a lot than can come together very quickly to put us right back in the mix. Don’t be surprised if we are all in on big time players this summer and next. Tavares I think we are all in on.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Very interesting this morning hearing Renaud Lavoie who I respect a lot on NhL Radio saying that no one around the league believes the rangers are just going to do this rebuild thru the draft. He says he feels they sold off guys they wanted to move on from to clear cap space and restock the farm but fully expects us to be busy in free agency over the next two years. Literally said everyone wants to play for the Rangers. It’s no secret around the league.

Spooner Hayes Fast

With Andersson Chytil Howden all coming maybe Ty Ronning. Maybe another kid like svechnikov or zadina If we get in the top 3. Plus a couple wingers with those late firsts.

On D you still have

skjei Shattenkirk
Staal DeAngelo
Gilmour Smith/pionk

Then you’ve got Hajek Rykov Lindgren now on the left side coming. Maybe you draft a Boqvist or Bouchard.

Then you’ve still got Hank a few years and the org is very high on shesterkin and huska.

There is a lot than can come together very quickly to put us right back in the mix. Don’t be surprised if we are all in on big time players this summer and next. Tavares I think we are all in on.
I think this summer we will be quiet, the next one we could be big players, depending on our luck in the next 2 drafts.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Spooner Hayes Fast

On D you still have

skjei Shattenkirk
Staal DeAngelo
Gilmour Smith/pionk

I don’t think the Rangers are going to this solely through the draft, but I don’t think they will be players in the upcoming UFA market, either. The rest of the league always thinks the worst of the Rangers.

Reactions: Samuel Culper III
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->