Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIV: There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I have no interest in Hamonic at all. Very interested in Trouba but I doubt we could get him without overpaying. Could be worth it depending on the size of the overpayment - he and Skjei could be a nice pair of guys to build around for a number of years.

Reactions: Ola

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I couldn't imagine passing up a center prospect that we felt was the best player because of positional strength. What's the worry? You won't be able to find a team that will trade a good young winger for a good young center? Has that ever been the case?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Possibly Bouchard, Rykov, Hajek, Lindgren collectively in the next few years. It's exciting to witness. I would also include and be willing to part ways with Zuccarello + 1st 2018 to start for a real top pairing D. I know we need help offensively too, but the defense is an absolute nightmare. Skjei, Shattenkirk, Pionk I'm all sold on going forward. ADA is really perplexing to me anyway, can't tell what kind of game he brings and that to me signifies inconsistency. Granted he is only 22 on quite possibly the most disorderly team in the NHL, but I am really impressed with how Pionk has played.

I think during this rebuild guys like Shattenkirk and ADA are fine, but I just don't see either as long term answers when the Rangers are ready to be a very competitive team again. They're stockpiling all these D now which is great but remember, the last rebuild there was a time when Roszival and Malik were the first pair and there was a six year period when names like Tyutin, Kondratiev, Potter, Baranka, Liffiton, and Gilroy were around before Staal/Girardi/McD became the top three. This doesn't mean that can't be a playoff team, it just means don't expect all of Hajek/Lindgren and who ever they draft this year with a late first round pick (K. Miller? Woo? Samuelson? Lundkvist?) to automatically start challenging Harry Howell's games played record.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Love the Patrice avatar. Favorite comedian of all time. RIP.
Holy Shit just noticed his avatar. Im ashamed. Patrice was my favorite comedian of all time as well. Him and Bernie Mac. Got to see neither before they died. so sad we lost two amazing talents like that so early. Sounds selfish but I so regret never making better effort to see them live before their passing.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Holy **** just noticed his avatar. Im ashamed. Patrice was my favorite comedian of all time as well. Him and Bernie Mac. Got to see neither before they died. so sad we lost two amazing talents like that so early. Sounds selfish but I so regret never making better effort to see them live before their passing.
Same here. Had a chance to see Patrice when I lived in Chicago but it was dead of winter so I punked out. I'm a fool.

Reactions: bl02

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Hadn't heard this before. Thanks for posting.
Very welcome. All of Patrices appearances on O&A are available on youtube, highly recommend them if you've got a job that has you at a desk all day. A lot of them feature other stands up in studio as well (Bill Burr, Robert Kelly, Rich Vos, Colin Quinn and obviously Jim Norton). Just hours of them trashing each other. Incredible.

Patrice was without a doubt the funniest person I've ever heard speak, just conversationally he was the funniest person ever in my opinion. He was as insightful as he was funny. The only one that comes close is Joey Diaz.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Same here. Had a chance to see Patrice when I lived in Chicago but it was dead of winter so I punked out. I'm a fool.

I saw him a few times. His stand up was obviously incredible, but he was truly at his best in conversation. That's what makes his O&A appearances so great.

I go to his benefit show every year. Bill Burr runs it. Lineup is always tremendous, great stories.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I saw him a few times. His stand up was obviously incredible, but he was truly at his best in conversation. That's what makes his O&A appearances so great.

I go to his benefit show every year. Bill Burr runs it. Lineup is always tremendous, great stories.
Totally agree. every talk show (even comedy roasts) IMO he killed it. I appreciate that ability of the elite comics to be able to have those convo skills.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Totally agree. every talk show (even comedy roasts) IMO he killed it. I appreciate that ability of the elite comics to be able to have those convo skills.

It's amazing how being able to write funny material and just "being funny" in general are two totally different worlds. There are plenty of stand up's/comedy writers who are total duds when you get them on radio shows and podcasts.

Reactions: bl02

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I couldn't imagine passing up a center prospect that we felt was the best player because of positional strength. What's the worry? You won't be able to find a team that will trade a good young winger for a good young center? Has that ever been the case?
Would be utterly idiotic.

Reactions: Ail

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Vlad is light, but Hayes contract is fine. Vlad won't get more than 4 per year. Zib just got 5.35 for 5 and produces much more than Hayes.

EDM trade is not that lopsided, Pionk has very good value, and Spooner is under control and can be expected to give 45+ points. Carolina trade isn't bad at all if they see Marc Staal at neutral value rather than negative.

Not to mention Carolina does it based on the fact that they are desperate for goaltending. The Scott Darling experiment did not work

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
If you can fit Tavares on this team, resign your RFA's, move Staal's money, and draft well. How do you all feel about that off season?
The only good thing about Tavares being on the team is that everyone else moves down a slot so there is someone else to trade for more prospects or picks.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Very welcome. All of Patrices appearances on O&A are available on youtube, highly recommend them if you've got a job that has you at a desk all day. A lot of them feature other stands up in studio as well (Bill Burr, Robert Kelly, Rich Vos, Colin Quinn and obviously Jim Norton). Just hours of them trashing each other. Incredible.

Patrice was without a doubt the funniest person I've ever heard speak, just conversationally he was the funniest person ever in my opinion. He was as insightful as he was funny. The only one that comes close is Joey Diaz.
Yeah he ruled, Bill Burrs famous Philly concert dans up there too. I think it’s out there but audio stinks. Talking about how they have a statue to a fake boxer while Joe Frazier comes from there. Never saw him live but saw Norton a couple times and shocked my wife loved him despite all of the ear muffs I threw on her.

Reactions: Ail

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

It's ironic (fortunate?) that the general consensus seems to be that this isn't necessarily a clear-cut, banner draft crop for centers.

You have to think there's arguably a 90+ percent chance that the Rangers come away from the first round of the draft, with some combination (draft pick or otherwise) of promising defensemen and/or wings.

Reactions: belford222
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad