Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XIV: There ain't no gettin' off of this train we're on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hamonic isn't even young anymore. 28 before the start of next season. Multiple concussions. Doesn't provide any offense. Wanted off the East Coast.

Anything more than a 4th and Boo Nieves is over payment.

D next year: Skjei, Pionk, Staal, Shattenkirk, ADA, an in shape Smith who is going to be going all Rocky IV Training Montage this summer. Maybe they sign a Barbiero or Oduya or some vet for a cheap short term deal. Maybe they luck out and win the lottery or Boqvist falls to them.

I do expect cameos from at least one of Hajek/Lindgren/Gilmour.

I don't expect a cameo from Day.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
What would it cost to get Dougie Hamilton out of Calgary? We could use another 2 way RHD.

Zucc + one of our late 1sts?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
What would it cost to get Dougie Hamilton out of Calgary? We could use another 2 way RHD.

Zucc + one of our late 1sts?

I don't know how I'd feel having a guy with a five-year-old's name (Dougie) on my team...lolol.

But in all seriousness, he's nasty it would be a pretty penny. My unbiased asking price to Jeff Gorton as the Calgary GM: "Ok, you've got this kid Georgivev in goal so you won't have room for all of him, the other Russian, and the UConn kid. We need a goalie we'd like Georgiev, the first you got from Boston, and the Czech Dman you just acquired from Tampa."

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I think for an organisation with recent disappointments such as Calgary - and perhaps like our very own Rangers, the key is to hold on to bright spots and sparks of potential success like Adam Fox. I could hardly see our organisation trading a player like Fox in Calgary's position or in ours.
I saw one reason Fox may be in play...he just told the Flames he’s going back to Harvard for a junior year. They were not thrilled. I think they have some fear he’ll play out the fourth year and become a free agent. He’s a Long Island kid.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Considering we’ll be drafting between 8 and 11 most likely, the bpa is probably going to be a righty D. It’s not very cut and dry after dahlin quite frankly.

Reactions: jas

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Possibly Bouchard, Rykov, Hajek, Lindgren collectively in the next few years. It's exciting to witness. I would also include and be willing to part ways with Zuccarello + 1st 2018 to start for a real top pairing D. I know we need help offensively too, but the defense is an absolute nightmare. Skjei, Shattenkirk, Pionk I'm all sold on going forward. ADA is really perplexing to me anyway, can't tell what kind of game he brings and that to me signifies inconsistency. Granted he is only 22 on quite possibly the most disorderly team in the NHL, but I am really impressed with how Pionk has played.

Reactions: Rebels06
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad