Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That doesn't sound very smart, what if someone gets it and now it spreads between both the AHL and NHL team? Then you really have a problem getting enough players.

Well no what I mean is you want 3 healthy scratches at all times, to minimize the need for AHL callups and to have guys that have been practicing with the team when there is inevitable fatigue from the concentrated schedule

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
So when is the NHL going to announce plans for next year?

The NBA got it's shit together and agreed upon a start date for next season, why are we not hearing the same from the NHL? There is no reason the NHL should be starting significantly later than the NBA at this point.

I hope someone realistic is telling Bettman and these owners that there is no magic vaccine coming in the next couple months, so let's get this moving so we're not playing 30 games next year

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Don't think Lemuiex is a part of the team long term but that number at two years is fine

Hopefully he actually starts producing something

Reactions: Leetch3

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Compared to what Fast was paid at a similar time in his development, its a little high. But even only three years ago was another universe, market-wise. I do think Lemieux is here for a long while, unless he is part of a trade that brings back a young, big gun.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So how much money do we have left? 800K? Do we see a Smith cap dump?
They have more than that if we send down some of the NHL/AHL tweeners on the roster. Bitetto, Rooney, Blackwood. And that is only if they want to add another player, such as a Haula. Otherwise they can publish a 22 man roster for opening night.

Reactions: Ranger Spice

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Stick with Sesame Street. You’ll be counting Strome’s and Nylander’s career points production with better accuracy in no time.
Going to go with your time is much better spent than picking a childish fight with someone who is one of the more respected posters around here

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
ADA/Trouba
Lindgren/Fox
Johnson/Smith

Bitetto

Hajek, Rykov, Miller, Reunanen and Lundkvist on the doorstep.

I was told Lundkvist is spending next season overseas and that we need to sign him by 22’? Or we lose his rights?
Anyone know if this is true.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I was told Lundkvist is spending next season overseas and that we need to sign him by 22’? Or we lose his rights?
Anyone know if this is true.
Technically they could lose his rights although I don't see that happening. I forsee a scenario where he signs after his current SHL season is done.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We literally added the best avail player (lafrenière)

and

We literally added the worst avail player (Johnson)

And that’s that

I think we also have to factor Kreider into how this off-season is viewed. Once we re-signed him, that was a path-altering move.

I think we also have to consider that if all goes well, the best available player will be with us for 15+ years and play more than 1,000 games for the Rangers. While the worst available player might be lucky to get into 50 games over a six month period.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So how much money do we have left? 800K? Do we see a Smith cap dump?

cap friendly has rooney, blackwell and pdg all on the team...I highly doubt we will carry 14 forwards (carrying an 8th dman is more likely than an extra spare forward imo)...so once you send down 1 of those 3 guys it will put as at roughly $1.5 mil of space to start the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad