Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The crappy part is unless a Ruenanen or Hajek step up then Smith is going to get top 4 minutes

I guess TDA could slide over w Smith playing 3rd pair RD but that’s an experiment

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The crappy part is unless a Ruenanen or Hajek step up then Smith is going to get top 4 minutes

I guess TDA could slide over w Smith playing 3rd pair RD but that’s an experiment

Can we give tony an LD who is good at hockey or a promising rook? He deserves that after being stapled to the deceased corpse of Marc Staal for his entire career so far.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
So barring any last minute trades, looks like the final roster would shake down to something like this;

Panarin Zibanejad Kakko
Kreider Chytil Buchnevich
Lafreniere Strome Kravtsov/Barron
Lemieux Howden Gauthier
PDG, Rooney

DeAngelo Trouba
Lindgren Fox
Johnson Smith
Bitetto

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Reactions: NYRangers16

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I don't expect us to use it...but just to note that now that lemieux is signed as our final arbitration signing, our 2nd buyout window will open in 48 hours.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't expect us to use it...but just to note that now that lemieux is signed as our final arbitration signing, our 2nd buyout window will open in 48 hours.
kKbcxDa.png

Very manageable.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So barring any last minute trades, looks like the final roster would shake down to something like this;

Panarin Zibanejad Kakko
Lemieux Howden Gauthier
PDG, Rooney

DeAngelo Trouba
Lindgren Fox
Johnson Smith
Bitetto

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Personnel wise, but I highly doubt we’re starting the year by breaking up KZB and trying Panarin and Zib together when having them separate is what allowed us to be good. Strome will start next to Panarin. KZB will start intact. Laf will start on the third line with Chytil. Neither of Kravstov or Barron may make it... Kravstov likely won’t be in camp and won’t come over until the KHL season is done. Barron isn’t likely to jump straight to the NHL. Gauthier will likely be the third RW to start.

Kreider - Zib - Buch
Panarin - Strome - Kakko
Laf - Chytil - Gauthier
Lemieux - Howden - PDG/Rooney/Blackwell
Smith - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Johnson - ADA //// Hajek
Shesterkin
Georgiev

Is the most realistic opening day lineup to expect.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Panarin Zibanejad Kakko
Lemieux Howden Gauthier
PDG, Rooney

DeAngelo Trouba
Lindgren Fox
Johnson Smith
Bitetto

Shesterkin
Georgiev
I would bet that unless his game completely goes to hell, that Strome starts of centering Panarin again. Rooney is going to be given an opportunity for the 4C spot. Don't think that Kravstov starts the year with the Rangers. Gauthier and Kakko will probably have an open competition to see who gets to play with Panarin & Strome.

Also, highly doubt that DeAngelo switches sides and would think that Smith will get the first crack with Trouba.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
From a business perspective Rangers need to keep Strome with Panarin to keep his value up in case they want to trade him. From a hockey perspective I would break those two up.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
From a business perspective Rangers need to keep Strome with Panarin to keep his value up in case they want to trade him. From a hockey perspective I would break those two up.
Also keeping Chytil away from Panarin in the year his contract is up makes business sense.

Reactions: leetch99

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
His value would be higher if he could demonstrate any kind of ability separate from Panarin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad