Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXIX: Countdown to the draft (and the other draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
After running a quick mock, I'm thinking this will be Vegas's depth chart pre-trades

J. Marchessault / V. Shipaychov / J. Neal
M. Grabner / T. Plekanec / C. Soderberg
J. Nordstrom / M. Kruger / T. Brouwer
C. Eakin / W. Karlsson / J. Weal
K. Rychel / A. Burmistrov

M. Methot / S. Vatanen
C. DeHaan / M. Dumba
T. Enstrom / B. McNabb
L. Sbisa / Z. Bogosian
B. Dillon / C. Miller
C. Gunnarsson / J. Merill

M. Fleury
P. Mrazek
P. Grubauer

They are going to take defensemen and flip them for some more offensive fire power IMO.

Have to keep the 30 players Vegas selects in the expansion draft under the $73m cap.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
He's close. Watch his WJC highlights. Guy is VERY smart wit the puck.

Lilgeren would be ready too

Oh I know Brannstrom is good. In fact, he is the guy I want the Rangers to take. Just wasn't sure if he had the talent to step in right away on an NHL blueline.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
He's close. Watch his WJC highlights. Guy is VERY smart wit the puck.

Lilgeren would be ready too

If you were using my post as template, Liljegren would be my pick at 7 and Strome would be the center coming back. And I've been told Domi is a winger.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't necessarily look at Stepan and say he has physically lost a step, but for whatever reason mentally he was not as sharp of a player as he was. This isn't a kneejerk comment based on his playoffs. I don't think that is the motivation for nyr to move him, I think this is simply about making a core shift and GMJG putting his shape on this team

I love it when people judge a player's mental state based on what they see on TV

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
Sure will be interesting to see what the return for Stepan is, if he is traded.

If other GMs around the league are valuing him based on his playoff performance this year, then I hope we keep him.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I love it when people judge a player's mental state based on what they see on TV

When youve watched every game the player has played in the NHL for 6 prior seasons, you can tell when something is off with a player. It could be anything causing it, really, but he definitely wasnt as sharp this year. I think it was a blip. They happen.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Honestly, the NHL is so bungling this expansion draft.

No one CARES about NHL award shows – or any sport's award show, for that matter. And by interspersing the picks between, you make it even MORE painful. You're not going to get me to watch a super-quick show, so you'd best believe I'll not be watching a longer one.

Now, if they were to do the expansion draft as it's OWN program, say over the space of an hour... that I'd watch.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

No one CARES about NHL award shows – or any sport's award show, for that matter. And by interspersing the picks between, you make it even MORE painful. You're not going to get me to watch a super-quick show, so you'd best believe I'll not be watching a longer one.

Now, if they were to do the expansion draft as it's OWN program, say over the space of an hour... that I'd watch.

It's the only way to get people to watch the NHL awards.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Why can't you think of it as watch the expansion draft with a few awards thrown-in here and there.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I hate expansion drafts, but I'm also annoyed by there being an odd number of teams in the league.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I hate expansion drafts, but I'm also annoyed by there being an odd number of teams in the league.

tumblr_ncbd1dtKCz1tv4k5po1_500.gif

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It's the only way to get people to watch the NHL awards.

Except I'm still not watching – and if they had divided it into two events, I would have at least watched one.

Why can't you think of it as watch the expansion draft with a few awards thrown-in here and there.

AAAAAAGH! My eyes!

You know it's going to be like 90% awards and the associated glad-handing, speeches, and commentary. And only 10% the expansion picks.

I just get the sense that the NHL thinks that they ought to be able to get some kind of viewership like the Oscars/Emmys/Tonys – and what they don't realize is that in entertainment the awards ARE the competition; in sports, they're an afterthought (except for the trophy awarded at the end of the actual championship).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad