Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
@Nuckles Who do you think they are looking at?

Hutton seems the likely target. Maybe Burmistrov? Gaunce?
Pretty much. I've said it for a while that I still think Benning is looking at moving Hutton for a forward, especially since they acquired Pouliot and praised him highly. I expect guys like Gaunce and Burmistrov to be used as trade chips as well, along with non-1st round picks. I wouldn't be surprised if Goldobin is available either.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Pretty much. I've said it for a while that I still think Benning is looking at moving Hutton for a forward, especially since they acquired Pouliot and praised him highly. I expect guys like Gaunce and Burmistrov to be used as trade chips as well, along with non-1st round picks. I wouldn't be surprised if Goldobin is available either.

It would surprise me if Goldobin is available, after all the "learning" he's had to do. But yeah, he could move. I was thinking Granlund too, but I think they like him. He will be relatively cheap to re-sign as well.

Is Hutton and Goldobin enough to pry Galchenyuk away from MTL? I was reading that Shero offered up the Vatanen package for Galchenyuk and MTL refused. Effectively, it would have been Henrique for Galchenyuk straight up. Does Hutton fit them better?

Right now they have Schlemko, Alzner, Benn, Jerabek and Morrow as their LHD rotation. They wanted to keep Mete up, but he could not secure a spot. Alzner has produced as much as Hutton this year, but their disparate skill sets might intrigue MTL. If they see offensive upside in Hutton...?

Targets:

BUF: Reinhart
DET: Athanasiou (not for Hutton, maybe for Goldobin?)
OTT: Dzingel. Brassard seems outside of the Canucks' price range.
CBJ: No idea.
NJD: No idea.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
It would surprise me if Goldobin is available, after all the "learning" he's had to do. But yeah, he could move. I was thinking Granlund too, but I think they like him. He will be relatively cheap to re-sign as well.

Is Hutton and Goldobin enough to pry Galchenyuk away from MTL? I was reading that Shero offered up the Vatanen package for Galchenyuk and MTL refused. Effectively, it would have been Henrique for Galchenyuk straight up. Does Hutton fit them better?

Right now they have Schlemko, Alzner, Benn, Jerabek and Morrow as their LHD rotation. They wanted to keep Mete up, but he could not secure a spot. Alzner has produced as much as Hutton this year, but their disparate skill sets might intrigue MTL. If they see offensive upside in Hutton...?

Targets:

BUF: Reinhart
DET: Athanasiou (not for Hutton, maybe for Goldobin?)
OTT: Dzingel. Brassard seems outside of the Canucks' price range.
CBJ: No idea.
NJD: No idea.

To add to my previous post, Gudbranson is probably available but they obviously weren't scouting him...

My guesses

BUF: Reinhart, Kane, Girgensons (seems like a Benning target)
DET: Athanasiou, maybe Tatar, maybe Frk
OTT: Dzingel, Pageau, maybe Ceci (rumored to be available, also set to get raise). A lot of their forwards have some form of NTC, but Pageau/Dzingel don't and they're being paid more next year.
CBJ: Milano, maybe Murray, maybe Calvert, maybe Motte
NJD: Maybe Zacha, maybe Santini, though it could just be a depth forward swap for someone like Noesen or Stafford
MTL: Not a clue. I could see them bring interested in a younger d-man since they moved Sergachev, but I don't know if they'd move Galchenyuk for Hutton(+).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
To add to my previous post, Gudbranson is probably available but they obviously weren't scouting him...

My guesses

OTT: Dzingel, Pageau, maybe Ceci (rumored to be available, also set to get raise). A lot of their forwards have some form of NTC, but Pageau/Dzingel don't and they're being paid more next year.
NJD: Maybe Zacha, maybe Santini, though it could just be a depth forward swap for someone like Noesen or Stafford
MTL: Not a clue. I could see them bring interested in a younger d-man since they moved Sergachev, but I don't know if they'd move Galchenyuk for Hutton(+).

Hope they don't give up too much for Zacha if he's the target.

OTT just seems like an odd trade partner. A Gudbranson/Ceci swap may work, but EG is UFA after this season. It would be like giving up Ceci for nothing.

Motte is an interesting target. Goldobin for Motte? I would hate to lose Hutton for him.

Reinhart or Athanasiou make sense. AA would effectively replace McCann here. Not sure what VAN gives up in exchange. Reinhart would command Hutton, at least.

Looking through the options, there's nothing that makes sense as far as equal value from both sides. Benning has his work cut out for him.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
What's the thing with "team x scouts are at the game"? Don't they own televisions? Could watch multiple games a night, be a lot more focused and resourceful and of course save a ton of money.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta

My guesses

i could see a guy like Girgensons being a Benning target.He has under performed in Buffalo.Unless they swing for the fences now and go after Kane.
Who ever Jimbo trades for,,i hope they are a gritty player.We need more of that instead of soft ,small and skilled.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

I think the Canucks will keep Goldobin. Goldobin will be on a cheap contract for a few years and so they can keep their cap space lower. If anything, I think they will dangle Baertschi before they move Goldobin.

Is Hutton and Goldobin enough to pry Galchenyuk away from MTL?

I doubt it.

DET: Athanasiou

I like this idea a lot but I get the feeling that Evander Kane will be the guy Benning goes hard after in the summer.

If Benning goes for Kane now (unlikely, but who knows), then maybe Benning offers up Baertschi and a 2nd.

p.s.____________I'm also of the opinion that if we choose to move a LHD (again, I'm not a huge fan of this idea), then it should be for a RHD) RHD is where we truly need some long term depth.

Kane-Horvat-Boeser
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Goldobin-Sutter-Virtanen
Granlund-Gaunce-Gagner

Last edited:

member 290103

Matt Sekeres once said on the radio that the Canucks would never have any interest in Reinhart based on what he has been told from some unnamed source (likely Linden) within the organization. He alluded to the fact that it was their belief that he would never operate well living here. He did not elaborate.....but based on reading others here, there is a general belief that Sekeres has a direct line to Linden.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
With Boeser now out, I can't help but think Benning is going to rush a trade to bring in a top 9 forward before the roster freeze tomorrow night.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Marc Bergevin in the building watching this game. It may be nothing since Montreal is facing us on Tuesday, but there were Montreal scouts here last game as well.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks should wait until after the freeze. A lot can change. That said, things are so dire any action should be considered. The AHL/alumni squad they ice now is no match for an NHL team.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Marc Bergevin in the building watching this game. It may be nothing since Montreal is facing us on Tuesday, but there were Montreal scouts here last game as well.

If Galchenyuk is available for a reasonable price I wouldn't be opposed to it.

member 290103

Galchenyuk is a bit of an enigma. He's more of a 2nd liner than anything at this point.

I'd move Sutter for him.

I'd waive Sutter, anything to get rid of the contract. He has a full NTC clause, though, yes?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'd waive Sutter, anything to get rid of the contract. He has a full NTC clause, though, yes?

Sadly yes. We had a great chance to dump that contract by exposing him in the expansion draft. Why keep this player when he has zero value?

They wouldn't make that trade under any circumstances and you're well aware of it. What's the point of fantasizing out loud?

Because this is the armchair GM thread.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
What would you consider a reasonable price?

No idea actually, good question.

I think they'd ask for Hutton +, considering his draft ranking and that he is a 23 year old player with a 30 goal season under his belt.

Galchenyuk is a bit of an enigma. He's more of a 2nd liner than anything at this point.

I'd move Sutter for him.

He has a on-ice shooting percentage of 4.37, that means that even with that he's on pace for a 45 point season. You'd bet on him being better then that long term if we were to acquire him. Definitly think that he can potentially be a 1st liner, it's incredibly likely that he is.

Targeting him is the ultimate buy low tactic.

Would I move Hutton + for a potential 23 year old 1st liner. Absolutely.

Bni0W4W.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad