Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Regressing or just exposed?

Even with his 20 goals last year the analytics crew had no love for him what-so-ever.

Oh well, so far it looks that they were right.
Yeah more like exposed. He was never that hyped even after that 20 goals season because we all knew what was coming next year with 3/4th line minutes.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Dont disagree on Gagners performance this season...but Goldoblin and Rodin were not good enough to make the team out of training camp...It was there for everyone to see on the ice.
Even if Goldobin was good enough, the mindset was planted in the management to start him in the AHL and get him to grow his work ethic.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
Uh oh... here we go. I can’t see this one ending without at least a benning claim..

Do we even have the cap space to fit Beleskey's $3.8 million salary? According to CapFriendly, things look awfully tight.

(Not saying we should claim him, just curious about the cap situation.)

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Do we even have the cap space to fit Beleskey's $3.8 million salary? According to CapFriendly, things look awfully tight.

(Not saying we should claim him, just curious about the cap situation.)
I don't think we do unless we use LTIR. This team is capped out without it, but injuries to Gudbranson and Dorsett could open the gates for a contract like this.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think Gagner would thrive in Boston, and we could use a Beleskey believe it or not.

I'd rather be spending the money on a physical non-factor than a non-physical non-factor. I'd love to see what Spooner+Beleskey would cost for Gagner. Gudbranson? Granlund?...more likely a pick though...

Spooner is listed as day to day presently, as in off the IR.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Green should probably staple Vanek and Eriksson to the 2nd line for now. Rotate Granlund/Gaunce/Gagner at 2C until some chemistry is formed:

Sedin-Sedin-Boeser
Vanek-Granlund-Eriksson
Goldobin-Gagner-Dowd
Gaunce-Burmistrov-Virtanen

That's probably the best rotation they can muster.

Reactions: Zombotron

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Green should probably staple Vanek and Eriksson to the 2nd line for now. Rotate Granlund/Gaunce/Gagner at 2C until some chemistry is formed:

Sedin-Sedin-Boeser
Vanek-Granlund-Eriksson
Goldobin-Gagner-Dowd
Gaunce-Burmistrov-Virtanen

That's probably the best rotation they can muster.

Not a bad line-up, but I'd switch Boeser and Eriksson around. I don't think a Vanek-Granlund-Eriksson line would be strong enough and there would be too much pressure on the Sedin/Boeser line.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Edler for Zacha was presented by a New Jersey fan.

Ryan or Phaneuf from Ottawa makes sense for them.

Reinhart or Nylander from Buffalo could be a coup.

Some bottom six (actual bottom six) players from Detroit cheap could be a thing.

Montreal isn't looking so hot as they wanted to this season. Galchenyuk? I have no idea who or what.

Blue Jackets have some neat prospects, but I don't see a fit for any of our pieces.

The most likely explanation to me? Casual scouting that happened to correspond to our two games.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Edler for Zacha was presented by a New Jersey fan.

Ryan or Phaneuf from Ottawa makes sense for them.

Reinhart or Nylander from Buffalo could be a coup.

Some bottom six (actual bottom six) players from Detroit cheap could be a thing.

Montreal isn't looking so hot as they wanted to this season. Galchenyuk? I have no idea who or what.

Blue Jackets have some neat prospects, but I don't see a fit for any of our pieces.

The most likely explanation to me? Casual scouting that happened to correspond to our two games.

VAN does play MTL after they play CGY.

Edler goes nowhere so long as his NTC is intact.

Ryan or Phaneuf would be terrible for VAN. I think Dzingel may be possible. Maybe Brassard?

Reinhart from BUF makes sense. That is, of course, if they have any interest in Hutton.

Hutton for Galchenyuk... MB would be fired, but I think it's a fair deal given that the Canucks can much easier hold onto to Hutton than they can re-up Galchenyuk.

CBJ and NJ are puzzling destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->