Value of: ROR to the Leafs at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Well, ya learn something new every day as they say. Am I correct that before this season Sandin was considered a better prospect than Liljegren, or just imagining that?

This is correct but I'd say not before this season but before last season. Both were rookies last season and coming in Sandin was seen as the guy who would do something. However as last year progressed, Liljegren went from bottom pair to playing on the 2nd pair / shutdown pair. There was controversy in Leafs land when the coach scratched both dmen due to lack of experience to play Holl and gio (Gio makes sense) vs Tampa in the playoffs.

This season the expectation was Liljegren could show it was not a fluke and establish himself as a top 4 dman. He has done more than that so far and is looking like the building block of the Leafs future on D. Sandin has been up or down and is very raw. He's an offensive D, physical, but prone to gaffs with the puck and has some questionable decisions.

End of the day, Sandin is easily the one they'd move if they had to. Doesn't mean he is a bad player, I just think Sandin's ceiling might be a 2nd pairing guy who runs your PP. Maybe a Faulk type dman. Liljegren is more of a two way guy who is looking like a top pairing dman.

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Yes, Leafs famously have a loaded talent pool ready :eyeroll:

Yea and Leafs are also light on D prospects so unless they are willing to give up SAndin I think another team will have a better offer for the Blues.
If you actually looked at the production of their prospect pool you see the amount of talent in it. Probably no top line players but top 6 upside and top 4 D upside absolutely.

That's what I thought when Tarasenko was brought up yesterday, but can't hurt to ask!
I'd do the exact same thing.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
ROR has another gear when the playoffs start. The bidding will be high. 1st + good prospect
From the Leafs id pay that. 1st + 2nd + good prospect. That's the most I think we'd pay if management really wants him as much as the fans do.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
2023 1st round pick + Roni Hirvonen + Nick Abruzzee + 2023 3rd round pick

for

ROR at 50%

Is that enough? Might be a little light for leafs.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
1st
blues choice 1 of knies/robertson/sandin
engvall
None of those three should be included for a rental. Sandin plays top 4 and Robertson has looked really good, just needs to add a little strength. Knies for obvious reasons won't be traded. 2023 1st + 2024 2nd + b prospect and kerfoot for cap.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yes, Leafs famously have a loaded talent pool ready :eyeroll:

Yea and Leafs are also light on D prospects so unless they are willing to give up SAndin I think another team will have a better offer for the Blues.

Nobody said anything about it being loaded but they don't trade prospects they simply don't and because of that they have maintained a solid prospect pool

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe the Leafs want to grab both Tarasenko AND RoR @50%. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Tho I doubt Leafs would want to lose 2 1st round equivalent pieces in the same trade.

If they could somehow pull that off I'd be all for that.

Tank Matthews Marner/Nylander

Tavares ROR Marner/Nylander

the top 6 would be absolutely loaded

Reactions: AvroArrow

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
None of those three should be included for a rental. Sandin plays top 4 and Robertson has looked really good, just needs to add a little strength. Knies for obvious reasons won't be traded. 2023 1st + 2024 2nd + b prospect and kerfoot for cap.

If ROR is on the table you do what you need to do to get it done because that is a difference maker.

I watched the Blues run when they won the cup and they won it arguably BECAUSE of him.

Him and Binner without them, they do not win the cup and every Blues fan will back me on that especially when it comes ROR.

If he's on the table you do what you need to do to get it done.

Reactions: mhibb

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Nobody said anything about it being loaded but they don't trade prospects they simply don't and because of that they have maintained a solid prospect pool

Look, on most lists leafs rank somewhere in the 20s when it comes to prospect pools which isnt among the worst, sure but its definitely not solid either. With your best prospects being projected as "maybe a second liner/middle pairing player".

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Even if it meant losing both Knies (RoR) and a 1st (Tarasenko)?

Losing Knies would suck, I would hate it because he does look like the real deal.

But this team is tied for 3rd overall in the entire league,they are 3 points out of 1st.

This is the time to make the move it's risky because Florida did something similar and it didn't work out.

But I think If they can make it work they should do it.

Yeah I'd do it

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
People say Toronto needs a top 6 winger and they aren't wrong that's why if they went out and got Tank from the Blues you wouldn't see me complain one bit the thought of Tank with Matthews and Marner or Matthews and Nylander is something that would be fun to watch.

That being said if the Leafs are going to pay the big price for a Blue, as fun as Tank would be and make no mistake I would be all for it.

ROR kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

ROR could be the #2 center on the Leafs and it allow them to move Tavares to the wing and solve the wing issue.

It would allow the Leafs a ton of options.

They could run Tavares Matthews Marner

Or Tavares Matthews Nylander

Or Tavares ROR Marner

and then If you ever needed to you could always run a 3 headed monster of Matthews Tavares ROR down the middle should the situation call for It during a game.

I think ROR is the guy to target because it creates so many options.

h already killed a tim Horton’s…I guess he could pull a Winfield…shoot a puck at a bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad