Confirmed with Link: RoR and Acciari to Toronto for 1st 23, 2nd 24, 3rd 23, Abramov, and Gaudette

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Glad DA moved forward with the full on sell-mode. We definitely need a youth infusion on this team and the picks will help a ton. Im also on board if Ryan wants to come back on an affordable 3 year deal in the offseason. Hell bring back ROR, and flip one of our 3rds for Perron in the offseason ;)

It'd have to be VERY affordable for me. Free agency in 2024 and 2025 has a lot of potential. Most of those guys knocking on UFA status will be signed, but if one or two sneak through, O'Reilly's contract cannot be what keeps the Blues from making their best offer.

Reactions: Blueston

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Also the 2023 3rd from Ottawa is most likely going to be in the mid 70's. If we trade barbashev for a 1st or 2nd this draft, we will end up having 6 picks before the 80th pick at least.

I was about to say we would actually have 7 but I forgot we traded our 2nd this year for Leddy last year. Unideal.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I will not be surprised if the Blues trade their lower 1st round picks for 20-22 year old players that are breaking into the league. Especially if they get a 1st for Barbie.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Mar 6, 2012
We’ll, this is the exciting part, let’s see how we feel after a few years of losing.

Im okay with this and like the return and still feel terrible about it. Losing special players always stinks.

Also, what’s the deal, is there some sort of 3-way deal going on with this and Minnesota?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I will not be surprised if the Blues trade their lower 1st round picks for 20-22 year old players that are breaking into the league. Especially if they get a 1st for Barbie.
That is my hope. We get excited for the 1st rounders but think how many under 21 year old players who aren't the #1OA actually are impactful at the NHL level.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
We’ll, this is the exciting part, let’s see how we feel after a few years of losing.

Im okay with this and like the return and still feel terrible about it. Losing special players always stinks.

Also, what’s the deal, is there some sort of 3-way deal going on with this and Minnesota?

Minnesota just retained on O'Reilly for a 4th rounder from Toronto.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Better return than I expected. Glad to see a full fledged sale. Wish we could get out from under one of these awful defensemen contracts but good on Army for getting multiple firsts back thus far.

Excited to see the return for Ivan Barbashev next.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

A lot of us dealt with 2005-2010, we'll be fine.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
This is such a weird position to be in because this team has been actually competitive for over a decade. We've had arguably 3 core transitions and been successful in all 3 of them. The most important thing now is the scouting has to hit hard on these picks, otherwise we could be in a 5 year rebuild as opposed to a 1-2 retool. Defense could challenge as a top 15 core as they're constructed, but I'd like to move 2 of those contracts (preferably Krug and Scandella) to free up cap space.

Welp boys, here it is. Wasn't sure when I'd see something like this since I grew up with a pretty good team, but this is definitely more exciting with the front office we have, the gm, and the scouting. Pro scouts need to improve, but I think we are in a better position than all of the teams in the bottom 10 right now. Arizona has more draft capital, but they haven't been close to competing in what feels like 20 years, the rest haven't been able to put anything together for awhile. The central is weaker than I thought they'd be so we have a decent shot to put something together in the coming years.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
You can dislike the situation and also agree with the management reaction to it.
My thinking is that there is a mad rush to collect as many picks as possible....as if that is the answer.

Do some of you realize that these picks may be duds...and that some will take years to materialize at the NHL level?

We gave away LEGIT players who can produce at the NHL level.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Love the haul. Also think an off-season re-signing in STL isn’t out of the realm…he seems to really enjoy STL…though he obviously has the opportunity to significantly boost his UFA stock on the biggest of big stages if he takes Toronto on a run and price himself out of a reunion. I’ve said for months that he’s a perfect fit for the Leafs. TOR fans comparing him to Nick Foligno are going to look like idiots come April in my opinion. Would actually be kind of poetic if he helped spearhead the ending of another 1967 Cup drought. Love the man. Wish him nothing but the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad