Confirmed with Link: RoR and Acciari to Toronto for 1st 23, 2nd 24, 3rd 23, Abramov, and Gaudette

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
2nd liner don’t produce at a point per game pace. Most produce on the high end 40-50 points. You can say he isnt defensively resoonsible, which is true, but to pretend he is a second liner…….
Were you able to listen to Armstrong's press conference this morning where he talked about it's not their good performances he worries about, it's when they have bad games they are really bad? If you have, then the difference between Perron, Tarasenko and Kyrou is that while they all put up numbers, Kyrou is the only one you can't fully trust because his bad games are reeeeeallly bad. If it's unsatisfying for me to use first/second line as a way to make that distinction, fine, ok, I accept that, but the difference between their bad games is the distinction I am getting at. Tarasenko and Perron definitely had lulls in their production like any streaky scorers, but these lulls weren't situations where they were getting totally worked and the team losing because they were just giving away the puck over and over. Perron and Tarasenko were more consistent than Kyrou.

Now sure as anything, someone (not saying you) is going to come back and go through an entire explanation of gaps in point production and I am going to call that totally dishonest to the argument I am making before it happens, because I am talking about what Doug Armstrong is talking about about the bad games being really bad.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
nah f*** this Chychron guy. He'll need to be resigned at 28 or 29 and then I'll have to deal with people all over again lamenting how we signed a Dman to a long contract and he'll be omg in his 30's??!?
he seems like a glass cannon as well, just like schwartz. always hurt.

i hope they wait until the offseason and see what is available. nobody thought tkachuk was going to be moved to florida out of nowhere last offseason, things can happen from now until june and more people become available.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I was neutral when I heard the news last night. Slept on it, thought about during breakfast. Still neutral.

I think this is a trade I won't really judge until there's some hindsight. If TOR loses in the playoffs this trade is a huge win even if every pick busts. Likewise if the Blues draft the next Chara or Bure with any of these picks its a huge win for the Blues. If the Blues resign ROR cheap as a UFA then its a huge win for the Blues. However, trading the Captain and my 2nd favorite Blue still stings enough to cancel out the excitement over a big futures package for a rental. I won't get happy or mad until the fallout settles.

I am also still on the fire Armstrong train, however I think I can definitively state that he is the BEST GM in the league at unloading stars the second he knows they are not in his long term plans even if they are fan favorites (except for Tarasenko but I don't blame him for that mess, Tank's shoulder f***ed that up and made him harder to move). Looking back at his moves, those types of trades (along with the original ROR trade) were always his saving grace. I think if Ken Holland had that mindset in his bag of tricks the Wings would have more banners in the rafters.

I really hope the picks all pan out, if the Blues can draft a couple more Walmans to send us they can fix our defensive woes for the next decade.

nah f*** this Chychron guy. He'll need to be resigned at 28 or 29 and then I'll have to deal with people all over again lamenting how we signed a Dman to a long contract and he'll be omg in his 30's??!?

he seems like a glass cannon as well, just like schwartz. always hurt.

i hope they wait until the offseason and see what is available. nobody thought tkachuk was going to be moved to florida out of nowhere last offseason, things can happen from now until june and more people become available.
100% to both of these posts

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I think everyone is getting too caught in the weeds on this potential trade with Arizona. If Army makes a trade, it will not be something we are expecting. Think of his best deals. Nobody saw the Buch trade coming, nobody saw the Schenn trade coming, we had largely written off the O’Reilly trade after signing Bozak and Perron, etc. If Army makes a move, it will probably be for someone who is a good player who is quietly available, because that’s just how he works. Maybe someone who is capable but being squeezed out of an ideal situation, kind of like Faulk was.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
I think everyone is getting too caught in the weeds on this potential trade with Arizona. If Army makes a trade, it will not be something we are expecting. Think of his best deals. Nobody saw the Buch trade coming, nobody saw the Schenn trade coming, we had largely written off the O’Reilly trade after signing Bozak and Perron, etc. If Army makes a move, it will probably be for someone who is a good player who is quietly available, because that’s just how he works. Maybe someone who is capable but being squeezed out of an ideal situation, kind of like Faulk was.
So what your saying is we are trading for McDavid :sarcasm:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
ROR looks perfect tonight. Clearly healthy. Buzzin around. Trade was fair tho, not every trade has to have a winner and loser
It really doesn’t matter what ROR does in the regular season for you. He could not do anything the rest of the season and it wouldn’t really matter as long as he elevates his game in the playoffs (which he usually does). If he can get you deep into the playoffs, it’s a good move. If you lose in the 1st round again, well…

Reactions: eibyyz

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
It really doesn’t matter what ROR does in the regular season for you. He could not do anything the rest of the season and it wouldn’t really matter as long as he elevates his game in the playoffs (which he usually does). If he can get you deep into the playoffs, it’s a good move. If you lose in the 1st round again, well…
Agreed. This year is the fewest amount of regular season games I’ve ever watched. They just don’t matter anymore

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just stopping in to let you guys know we LOVE ROR, and Noel Acciari and, no It's not just because ROR has 5 points in 3 games, although he has been fantastic offensively, but the team is excited to have him, you can tell they haven't had this level in YEARS, I hope it lasts.

But I don't want to downplay Noel Acciari either, I don't know if this is what he is, or if It's a temporary energy boost from the trade.

What I can tell you is he has a goal, and he's hitting everything, EVERYTHING that moves.

and if that's real and not just a temporary energy boost from the trade that's EXACTLY what our bottom 6 needed.

I truly hope you hit on every pick.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Just stopping in to let you guys know we LOVE ROR, and Noel Acciari and, no It's not just because ROR has 5 points in 3 games, although he has been fantastic offensively, but the team is excited to have him, you can tell they haven't had this level in YEARS, I hope it lasts.

But I don't want to downplay Noel Acciari either, I don't know if this is what he is, or if It's a temporary energy boost from the trade.

What I can tell you is he has a goal, and he's hitting everything, EVERYTHING that moves.

and if that's real and not just a temporary energy boost from the trade that's EXACTLY what our bottom 6 needed.

We won't. We are the Blues. Our last #1 got hit by a golf cart and pretty much ruined him for the Blues. I still say we draft the Russian and he gets conscripted in the Army and we never see him. We sold our hockey souls for the Cup. We expect misery for another 50 years.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

and if that's real and not just a temporary energy boost from the trade
You are describing the guy we got all year. Like all bottom 6 guys, he'll disappear for stretches, but he finds a way to get himself re-engaged without too much down time. And he's throwing his body around basically every game.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Hitting everything is par for the course for Acciari. He described himself as a bowling ball on skates when he joined us. Its odd for someone so small, but like a bowling ball he is compact and packs a punch. He also has some goal scoring chops, but that is not a consistent part of his game. The hitting is.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
ROR is a good player who should thrive in Toronto. I still think the East is too deep for them to get out of round 1 but it won't be ROR fault.

His numbers this year are bad because he got stuck with Kyrou for the first 15 games when that guy was a total headcase and then hes put into a role playing with Leivo and Saad.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

That's what I've said before. I can't think of a single time the Blues won a bidding war for a highly sought after trade target or UFA. Army's moves are almost always a surprise and he isn't gonna try to outbid multiple other teams to get his guy.

Reactions: Blueston

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
That's what I've said before. I can't think of a single time the Blues won a bidding war for a highly sought after trade target or UFA. Army's moves are almost always a surprise and he isn't gonna try to outbid multiple other teams to get his guy.
I'd say his trade are more opportunistic in nature. NYR didn't have the cap for Buch, ROR wanted out, idk about Schenn, Canes couldn't agree to a contract with Faulk.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I'd say his trade are more opportunistic in nature. NYR didn't have the cap for Buch, ROR wanted out, idk about Schenn, Canes couldn't agree to a contract with Faulk.

Totally opportunistic. And I think it's the best strategy overall. Trying to force moves is a good way to get stuck in a bad situation or pay a price that the team will eventually regret.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I don't really think ROR wanted out. The owners wanted him gone because they were using him as a scape goat for why they sucked.

Reactions: Punished ROR

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't really think ROR wanted out. The owners wanted him gone because they were using him as a scape goat for why they sucked.
He said he lost his love of the game in Buffalo. He definitely wanted out and to be moved to a winning team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad