Rogers Place Construction :: Part VI: Mod warning #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
All I wanted to was complain about camera placement I now I've derailed a whole thread!

does anyone know where I can find a high(er) res version of this?
1297550243851_ORIGINAL.jpg

axoncutaway_1600.jpg

A bit better from the rogers place site
http://www.rogersplace.com/gallery/

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Thanks, but it feels wrong accepting help from that Paperclip ;)

edit: that jumbrotron is huge (relative to the rink)

Clippy understands. Clippy wouldn't want Clippy's help either. But Clippy can't stop himself from providing assistance:laugh:

If that drawing is to scale, the screens will span roughly from blue-line to blue-line. So give or take 45-50 feet of horizontal distance per screen.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Clippy understands. Clippy wouldn't want Clippy's help either. But Clippy can't stop himself from providing assistance:laugh:

If that drawing is to scale, the screens will span roughly from blue-line to blue-line. So give or take 45-50 feet of horizontal distance per screen.

The first thing that you’ll see when you look inside Rogers Place will be the scoreboard.

There will be wow factors in dozens of different directions. But it will be hard to miss the big wow in the centre of the building.

It will be THE scoreboard in the National Hockey League.

That title currently belongs to the one in Denver.

“It’s Denver plus,†said Bob Black, executive vice-president of Katz Group.

“The difference between this board and Denver is that this is a cube as opposed to the rectangle they have in Denver. This board is bigger than they have in Denver. And it’s about five times as big, in terms of video area, as the board they currently have at Rexall Place.

“Denver has high resolution for the sides but the image on the end is smaller and not high definition.â€

http://www.rogersplace.com/nhls-best-scoreboard-will-be-in-edmontons-downtown-arena/

The one in Denver is about 40 ft wide I think. Three point line to three point line.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Sounds like Detroit's will be cooler than ours. A lot more expensive though. And a lot more cheap seats for the loyal second-tier fans.

I've come to accept that the arena won't be for the likes of me. just the 1%ers

that's ok. the older I get the less important professional sports means in my life.

that scoreboard does sound insane, though. wonder how many people will be watching the game on the scoreboard instead of looking down to the ice.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I've come to accept that the arena won't be for the likes of me. just the 1%ers

that's ok. the older I get the less important professional sports means in my life.

that scoreboard does sound insane, though. wonder how many people will be watching the game on the scoreboard instead of looking down to the ice.

I am not sure if you have been to many games but the majority of season ticket holders are middle income people. It isn't that they have a lot more money than average people, it is that they prioritize the Oilers over new cars every year or Hawaiian vacations.

<mod edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
That's what the Oil Kings (and eventually a new lacrosse team) is for, good sports with a reasonable price tag. I haven't been to an Oilers game in a few years and I can't remember the last time I paid to go to one.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Can a Tier 8 fan (only sees 2-3 games a year live, posts regularly on message board about the teams incompetence and doesn't agree with past management.) still get on the property (not in the arena)

boosterjuice

Sep 24, 2008
Man, I'm checking this thread and the live view cams multiple times per day. I'm fascinated with this project. Can't wait for that scoreboard to get unveiled and hoisted up. Looks like they are getting close.

sOILing McSelf

Aug 18, 2011
Man, I'm checking this thread and the live view cams multiple times per day. I'm fascinated with this project. Can't wait for that scoreboard to get unveiled and hoisted up. Looks like they are getting close.

Maybe it's been said before but does anyone else find the live cams creepy? As someone who works construction, and especially since I'm being transferred to the arena site next week, it kind of creeps me out that random people are going to be watching me work. I doubt that many of you would be thrilled with a camera accessible to the public and broadcast on the internet be set up at your work.

I'm not commenting specifically to you boosterjuice, just a general observation.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I am not sure if you have been to many games but the majority of season ticket holders are middle income people. It isn't that they have a lot more money than average people, it is that they prioritize the Oilers over new cars every year or Hawaiian vacations.

<mod edit>

Source?

I bet the majority of the season ticket holders will be corporate, upper income and upper-middle income earners.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Maybe it's been said before but does anyone else find the live cams creepy? As someone who works construction, and especially since I'm being transferred to the arena site next week, it kind of creeps me out that random people are going to be watching me work. I doubt that many of you would be thrilled with a camera accessible to the public and broadcast on the internet be set up at your work.

I'm not commenting specifically to you boosterjuice, just a general observation.

I haven't watched the cams, but are they not far enough away so while you can see people work, you can't identify a particular person or exactly what they're doing? it's not like there is a camera man behind people.
I think that the basic privacy of the individual is protected.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010

<mod edit>

That was in the old building with the prices going up and incomes going down not sure how long that remains true. More like taking on an extra mortgage to pick up some season tickets. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad