Rogers Place Construction :: Part V: Mod warning #846

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Is the exterior still not finished?

This project was looked ahead or meeting their schedule but for some reason it seems to have really stagnated the last month or two.

Have they even started finishing the interior?

Is it still on schedule?

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
Actually the problem wasn't the concourse at Rexall. Its all the merchandising, concessions, and people standing around and blocking traffic that is the problem. With lineups being the worst. Address lineups or at least use a roped line and get those lines OUT of where everybody walks and there would be not problem.

The concourse I'm seeing above doesn't look particularly wide. But as long as they don't screw it up with a lot of blockage it should suffice.

Its not the design of these corridors that fails, its how they are used.

Finally, now that theres lounges and such perhaps people just gabbing can use them and get out of the way instead of seeing 20 people standing in the middle blocking traffic for thousands. :shakehead

That concourse would be the equivalent of the 300 level concourses at Rexall, so it would only be the upper half of the upper bowl using that concourse, most likely. Plus it goes the whole way around the bowl, instead of being cut down to a one-way street behind the standing room like it was at the old barn.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
That concourse would be the equivalent of the 300 level concourses at Rexall, so it would only be the upper half of the upper bowl using that concourse, most likely. Plus it goes the whole way around the bowl, instead of being cut down to a one-way street behind the standing room like it was at the old barn.

For the new arena, the entire upper bowl is top-down fed. This means that even if you are sitting in the very first row in the upper bowl will have to take the escalator to the very top, and then walk down to your seats.
Simply put, everybody in the upper bowl will be using this concourse to access their seats.
The Lower Bowl is also top-down fed.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
For the new arena, the entire upper bowl is top-down fed. This means that even if you are sitting in the very first row in the upper bowl will have to take the escalator to the very top, and then walk down to your seats.
Simply put, everybody in the upper bowl will be using this concourse to access their seats.
The Lower Bowl is also top-down fed.

Well then, I stand corrected.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

This project was looked ahead or meeting their schedule but for some reason it seems to have really stagnated the last month or two.

Is it still on schedule?

From the last video I saw (which was recent), they said they were on schedule so who knows. Time is zipping by but you know how construction is. One minute its a ghost town and nothing is done, the next, you wonder how they finished so much suddenly :laugh:

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton

Is it still on schedule?

A lot of the final skin has been installed on the west and south part of the arena with the north being done right now. Word is everything will be on budget and time for the opening.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A lot of the final skin has been installed on the west and south part of the arena with the north being done right now. Word is everything will be on budget and time for the opening.

Even if it's not really ready for the start of the NHL season it's probably in the Oilers best interests to ask to start on the road for the first 5 or 6 games. I know they really want to be there for pre-season, but apparently they never really had that as the start day. It this isn't exactly rare either pretty sure the Rags went on an extended road trip to start their season when MSG was under renos.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Inference based upon images in McHillman's previous post:

Some in the lower bowl will, much like Rexall have access to the lower level(ice level) See the Mezzanine Club concourse. Loge and Suite levels will also have their own concourses (though suites do not appear to have food/drink services other than the catered room service?). Uncertain as to the service Theatre boxes will receive (same level as Suites)

All levels will also have elevator, and stairs access, escalators will also be available to access the loge and upper level from the main level. All levels have a minimum of 3 toilets for men and women, and at least one family use washroom as well. Coat checks are available on all levels, except Mezanine Club.

First aid will be available on the main and upper concourses

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Even if it's not really ready for the start of the NHL season it's probably in the Oilers best interests to ask to start on the road for the first 5 or 6 games. I know they really want to be there for pre-season, but apparently they never really had that as the start day. It this isn't exactly rare either pretty sure the Rags went on an extended road trip to start their season when MSG was under renos.

I assume that the regular season home opener would be the first game at Rogers. I can't imagine they would want to blow a big event like opening a brand new stadium on a pre-season game that hardly anybody cares about. (I could be totally wrong, just my assumption)

oilers106

Nov 25, 2008
they already said pre season games would be at rogers place. but the oilers grand opening would be the first regular season game.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
they already said pre season games would be at rogers place. but the oilers grand opening would be the first regular season game.

Wow, that's actually perfect. Preseason games are usually decently priced, so I'll try to shoot for one of those games, that'll be the only chance I get to see Katz's Palace.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
My Oil Kings' tickets are bought and paid for. My flex pack is priced so that I can see nine games with a friend for about a game or four periods of watching a lousy team.

oiler-dude

Is it still on schedule?

All reports have them on schedule & on budget. I think progress looks slower because the structure is done, roof is done, most of the outside is done, it's smaller stuff you're seeing now.

They've definitely started on the insides, drywalling is well underway, lower bowl seats are almost all in, rink is poured and apparently in a few weeks they'll start putting in dasher boards and building the jumbotron. You can see right now on the live cams (they were moved to do some work) they're already drywalling the upper concourse.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Stantec Tower raft slab concrete pour today:

https://twitter.com/concrete_merc/status/721349217487167489

CgK_QF2UAAAqVqS.jpg

CgK_QF8UYAAozRa.jpg

CgK_QGBVIAMeHTE.jpg

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

I was wondering if they were planning on playing any preseason games there anyway even if the building was ready on time. Figured it would be better opening the building for hockey for a regular season game instead of a meaningless exhibition game. Then I remembered who owns the team. Can't see him passing up the opportunity for any gate receipts.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The contract says it has to be finished by Jan. 2.
Jan? September 2nd is the target date.

I was wondering if they were planning on playing any preseason games there anyway even if the building was ready on time. Figured it would be better opening the building for hockey for a regular season game instead of a meaningless exhibition game. Then I remembered who owns the team. Can't see him passing up the opportunity for any gate receipts.
They will definitely play preseason there if they can. That gives the team and all the arena staff time to work out any issues and have everything running smoothly for the regular season.

Last edited:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Jan? September 2nd is the target date.

They will definitely play preseason there if they can. That gives the team and all the arena staff time to work out any issues and have everything running smoothly for the regular season.

Sorry, meant Sept. 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad