Value of: Ristolainen

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Wow how could we say no to that? :help:

I didn't make the rules:

"Sabres need to build organizational depth and change culture. While trading Risto may be taking one step back, if you get the right deal, it may be the way to take two steps forward down the line. I just think it's worth exploring."

Leddy and Mayfield add depth

Ho-Sang changes the culture . . . for the worse . . .

You didn't say which way the culture should change! :laugh:

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I didn't make the rules:

"Sabres need to build organizational depth and change culture. While trading Risto may be taking one step back, if you get the right deal, it may be the way to take two steps forward down the line. I just think it's worth exploring."

Leddy and Mayfield add depth

Ho-Sang changes the culture . . . for the worse . . .

You didn't say which way the culture should change! :laugh:
Lol. Touche. I'd only add that I think that premise is a crock of shit. I've watched enough hockey to see rebuilding or struggling teams that have a "culture issue" suddenly become much better when more talent is infused. This isn't a talented team, we need to add talent to the good players we have, not trade them away for a bunch of lottery tickets.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Do you think Klefbom and a 2018 2nd is fairer? I think Risto is more valuable due to him being a RHD and that he has scored 40+ points three times.
Yeh that's probably close.
It's just tough to include the Oilers first, since you could argue it's the most valuable piece in the whole trade

Reactions: TrentonF

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is a package for Karlsson possible?
That's one of the few proposals that might make sense, but the odds of Karlsson wanting to sign with BUF are slim. He would be looking to go to a team that is competitive starting yesterday...that ain't BUF, even if they somehow nab Dahlin. Also, how many huge contracts can they take on there?

BUF's offer would have to start with Risto and Reinhart. I don't think ROR is attractive to OTT, because he makes...you know...money. Ditto for KO. Sending Scandella or Guhle would strip their D to the point of stupidity, and CM has to be off limits. Maybe throw in Nylander and it gets done?

Overall, trading Risto makes ZERO sense. Hard to get too invested in trying to think up a return for him when the trade isn't going to happen. BUF needs more D, not less.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would take this and run. Exactly the type of move I would be looking for.
So you're a two birds in the bush guy.

Losing makes people crazy. They make moves that they shouldn't. Risto, Scandella, Eichel, CM, maybe ROR....these are the guys that are part of the solution in BUF, not part of the problem. Trading them away( I can see moving ROR because of age and $$) makes you worse. Do you know how much top4 RHD are worth, let alone top 2 RHD, let alone big, young, top 2 RHD?

Risto makes mistakes because he has been given next to no support... Scandella has helped, but the D corps in general is either awful, injured, or both.

Reactions: Chainshot

Kaljis

Jul 3, 2013
Skinner, Faulk, 1st, Saarela
Risto, O'Reilly, Lehner

How about losers for losers? :sarcasm:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Risto
Sabes 2018 1st unprotected
Moulson [cap dump]

for

Zibanejad
Skjei
DeAngelo
TB 2018 1st
TB 2019 2nd which can morph into a 1st

that's the deal
if ya want, I consider a smaller deal also
Namest. + Spooner + Rangers 2018 3rd
for
Sabes 2019 2nd and Sharks 2019 [assume they don't sign EKane to make it a 1st]

That's a lot to pay, but it is a lot of fresh blood in return.

thoughts?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So you're a two birds in the bush guy.

Losing makes people crazy. They make moves that they shouldn't. Risto, Scandella, Eichel, CM, maybe ROR....these are the guys that are part of the solution in BUF, not part of the problem. Trading them away( I can see moving ROR because of age and $$) makes you worse. Do you know how much top4 RHD are worth, let alone top 2 RHD, let alone big, young, top 2 RHD?

Risto makes mistakes because he has been given next to no support... Scandella has helped, but the D corps in general is either awful, injured, or both.

I agree with the article I posted in the OP. I watched many times as Ristolainen, and to be very clear - in particular Ristolainen, choked in the clutch moments of games. I posted about this in numerous gameday threads, it was a trend, so this isn't me grasping for straws. The body of work is good, but he played, especially in big moments, like a player that expected to lose. This is a prime example of a change of scenery benefiting everyone.

Jan 21, 2018
Risto
Moulson [cap dump]

for

Zibanejad
Skjei
DeAngelo
TB 2018 1st

that's the deal
for

thoughts?

I stopped reading when you proposed a lottery team is going to trade their first. And to make it even worse you stated it should be unprotected.

As if any team would trade their 1st when there's a chance it could be Dahlin. Just stop.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Is there a deal that could be made for Risto from the following assets:

Hagg, Gudas, Simmonds, 2 1sts 2018, any prospect besides Hart (Frost, Myers, Rubstov, Allison, Ratcliffe, Vorobyov, etc.)?

A youngish top 4 RHD is #1 on my wish list. Is there any package that could add O’Reilly as well? I think those two would make the Flyers contenders next year while not destroying the pipeline and hopefully still being able to fill out the 4th line and bottom pair from within.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Do you think Klefbom and a 2018 2nd is fairer? I think Risto is more valuable due to him being a RHD and that he has scored 40+ points three times.
I would do Klefbom and a 2nd no way I do Klefbom and our 1st
Too much of an over payment with our 1st. Would rather keep Klefbom and our prospect we get.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I would do Klefbom and a 2nd no way I do Klefbom and our 1st
Too much of an over payment with our 1st. Would rather keep Klefbom and our prospect we get.
I'd consider Klefbom and our 1st, but I'd need something more from Buffalo. I'd want two forward prospects. Not Middlestadt or Nylander level guys either, I'd want Cliff Pu and Brandon Hagel. One guy with the skill to be ready for the NHL soon, and one who might take a bit longer if he gets there at all.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Risto
Moulson [cap dump]

for

Zibanejad
Skjei
DeAngelo
TB 2018 1st

that's the deal
for

thoughts?
Thoughts? Absolute garbage.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Risto
Moulson [cap dump]

for

Zibanejad
Skjei
DeAngelo
TB 2018 1st

that's the deal
for

thoughts?

giphy.gif

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
How does Kapanen, 1st and Liljegren sound for Ristolainen?

Gives the Sabres another 1st round pick in this draft, a fast, defensively sound player who can play up and down the lineup (he's mostly been stuck on our 3rd and 4th lines so don't just judge him by his stats) and a blue chip prospect? I like the fact that he dislikes Kadri as well that means they would get on very well on the same team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad