Value of: Ristolainen

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
How does Kapanen, 1st and Liljegren sound for Ristolainen?

Gives the Sabres another 1st round pick in this draft, a fast, defensively sound player who can play up and down the lineup (he's mostly been stuck on our 3rd and 4th lines so don't just judge him by his stats) and a blue chip prospect? I like the fact that he dislikes Kadri as well that means they would get on very well on the same team.

Not terrible, but I'd hold out for more. That 1st is pretty low.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I thought my Blues offer was muy bueno fantasticooo

Maybe a couple of these :cheers:

few of these :yo:

Possibly a few of these (from the hata's) :blah:

But mainly just these :clap:

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
No way I give a Klefbom and our 1st
The difference between Klefbom and Risto is not the 9th over all pick
I’d be interested in Ristolainen but not interested in trading Klefbom, that’s a lateral trade at best imo.
I’d definitely put the 9th overall on the table but no idea what else to include.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What are the Sabres looking for? Futures?

Oilers offer would start with 9th/10th overall + Sekera/Russel (cap) + likely one of Yammo/Pulju

P

A big, good skating puck moving RHD is very elusive in the NHL. I would personally move a lot for him.

Respectable offer. I wouldn' do it tho. Not ready to move on from him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I agree with the article I posted in the OP. I watched many times as Ristolainen, and to be very clear - in particular Ristolainen, choked in the clutch moments of games. I posted about this in numerous gameday threads, it was a trend, so this isn't me grasping for straws. The body of work is good, but he played, especially in big moments, like a player that expected to lose. This is a prime example of a change of scenery benefiting everyone.
It's a Hail Mary trade. Trouble with Hail Mary's is that they usually don't work out.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Not terrible, but I'd hold out for more. That 1st is pretty low.

Deep draft though

I would highly consider the package offered only because I'm higher on Risto than most and because idealistically, he fits a need for us + I'm confident in Babcock's ability to maximize his upside/play (and we do need size in our blue-line).

I'd adjust the package if the Sabres wanted a framework of Gardiner instead of futures too.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Andrej Sekera, Caleb Jones and 9th overall for Rasmus Ristolainen and Zemgus Girgensons.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Rasmus "the future Cody Franson" Ristolainen has impressively maintained his crown as the most overrated player in HF

I see the hype is declining year over year as more people watch him and realize his play nowhere matches his hype. But there is still a ways to go

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Rasmus "the future Cody Franson" Ristolainen has impressively maintained his crown as the most overrated player in HF

I see the hype is declining year over year as more people watch him and realize his play nowhere matches his hype. But there is still a ways to go

Says the same guy that claims Reinhart will be worth a 2nd round pick next year lmao

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
What would the Sabres want from the Leafs?

There's really nothing Toronto fans would offer that would (A)make Buffalo a better team, and (B) have Buffalo send Risto to Toronto so you can pair him up with Reilly and try and play against that for the next 10 years.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Matthews or Rielly

I can't see the Sabres moving Risto in the division unless it was an offer that they couldn't refuse.

:speechles

Why even post this? It does no good and comes across as insulting.

I'd ask for Nylander + Liljegren for Risto + B prospect, but major inter-rival swaps are so difficult to pull off.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I'd ask for Nylander + Liljegren for Risto + B prospect, but major inter-rival swaps are so difficult to pull off.

It's not insulting, it is what I would expect it would take for Botterill to trade his best defenseman to a division rival.

It would take the other team's best D or best F coming back.

Botterill is unlikely to trade Ristolainen for a package of lesser players when you are talking about an intradivision deal.

And to be clear, I wouldn't expect Toronto to meet Botterill's asking price.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'd love to see Risto in an Oilers jersey. Kelfbom + 2nd seems to be a fair offer.

And which defenseman would play the bulk of our top minutes on the right side? Bogosian? Any potential deal has to include at the very least a top 4 defenseman coming back to Buffalo and even then you'll be getting into the two or three quarters for a dollar type deals which Buffalo should avoid. Trading your best defenseman (1 of only 2 top 4 defenseman on the entire team) for a package centered around a winger is insanity.
As for the Edmonton deal I'm not interested in fair value. Klefbom and your 1st is the type of overpayment that would be needed and as I said before it still gives me pause because we have nothing on the right side beyond Ristolainen.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Risto's not being traded. If you swap Risto out with someone who HF boards love, lets say a Linholm, or a Rielly, do you know what will happen? 90% of the people will love Risto and talk about how much his game has stepped up. The guy that switched with Risto would be the new goat and everyone on HF boards will tell you how awful there game is now.

It's not Risto, it's the team. We need 3 more Risto's.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
And which defenseman would play the bulk of our top minutes on the right side? Bogosian? Any potential deal has to include at the very least a top 4 defenseman coming back to Buffalo and even then you'll be getting into the two or three quarters for a dollar type deals which Buffalo should avoid. Trading your best defenseman (1 of only 2 top 4 defenseman on the entire team) for a package centered around a winger is insanity.
As for the Edmonton deal I'm not interested in fair value. Klefbom and your 1st is the type of overpayment that would be needed and as I said before it still gives me pause because we have nothing on the right side beyond Ristolainen.

The guy you trade ROR for. In fact, if Risto is playing the bulk of our top minutes again next year, prepare for another lotto pick. So, yeah, I really don't care who replaces him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->