Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
www.blueshirtbanter.com/2016/11/23/...h-in-expansion-draft-las-vegas-golden-knights

Rangers, unless they buy out Rick Nash, will have to protect him at the expansion draft. If the Rangers cannot convince Nash to waive his clause, will the team buy out the final year of his contract after the Cup finals?

Should be pretty easy to get him to waive it now...."Hey Nash, either waive it and we send you to a decent team, or we leave you unprotected and have fun playing for Vegas".

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Should be pretty easy to get him to waive it now...."Hey Nash, either waive it and we send you to a decent team, or we leave you unprotected and have fun playing for Vegas".

That doesn't make sense, they can't leave him unprotected. That was their negotiating posture, not anymore.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Why would the team buy out one of its best forwards?

The other option is to protect him and expose one of the younger forwards like Chris Kreider or Mats Zuccarrello. Nash takes up a protection slot. If the Rangers don't want him occupying a slot, the only other option is to buy out his final season.

Also, the Rangers have been told they have to protect Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, and Henrik Lundqvist.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The other option is to protect him and expose one of the younger forwards like Chris Kreider or Mats Zuccarrello. Nash takes up a protection slot. If the Rangers don't want him occupying a slot, the only other option is to buy out his final season.

Protected: Kreider, Zuccarello, Nash, Miller, Zibanejad, Stepan, and Hayes.
Exempt: Buchnevich
Exposed: Fast, Lindberg, Jooris, Grabner, Pirri, etc.

There's no reason to buy out Nash.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Having to protect Nash is literally a non issue, so long as one of LBerg/Pirri/Fast/Jooris is extended for purposes of exposing them for expansion along with Grabner.

Gorton/Rangers aren't dumb. They won't leave one of the Top 9 exposed.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thank God that puck was rolling around on Nash. No way he'd have gotten that backhand topside if it were laying flat.

Haha was thinking same thing but still showed tremendous speed and control flying thru the middle like that. The crazy one is where he couldn't elevate the puck over a sprawling ward but it popped out the other end where vesey buried it into back of the net . As long as he's driving to the net I'm cognizant of the fact he's doesn't have pinpoint accuracy

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Haha was thinking same thing but still showed tremendous speed and control flying thru the middle like that. The crazy one is where he couldn't elevate the puck over a sprawling ward but it popped out the other end where vesey buried it into back of the net . As long as he's driving to the net I'm cognizant of the fact he's doesn't have pinpoint accuracy

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing on the Vesey goal. Ward was down and Nash was on his forehand. Nash's arms were a little overextended, so he probably had trouble generating the lift he needed...but still, I was thinking to myself "how could he not lift that over Ward?". All's well that end well, though. Nash had one hell of a night, on both ends of the ice. He was everywhere.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing on the Vesey goal. Ward was down and Nash was on his forehand. Nash's arms were a little overextended, so he probably had trouble generating the lift he needed...but still, I was thinking to myself "how could he not lift that over Ward?". All's well that end well, though. Nash had one hell of a night, on both ends of the ice. He was everywhere.

Definitely alls well that ends well!
Last night he was flying . He wanted the puck in the third almost too selfish (which I think is a good thing most times)

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Definitely alls well that ends well!
Last night he was flying . He wanted the puck in the third almost too selfish (which I think is a good thing most times)

He was superb in the 3rd . Pretty to watch . Backhander ... like Pat Hickey for those old enough to remember . :nod:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Don't look now, but Nash is second on the team in points and goals. Seems to be heating up too.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
not looking to dump on Nash but does anyone else thinks he takes the shortest shifts? i don't know what it is ... conditioning ??

But he is always the first one of the ice from his line .... really bothers me cause a lot of times he bails out on play just to make change

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
not looking to dump on Nash but does anyone else thinks he takes the shortest shifts? i don't know what it is ... conditioning ??

But he is always the first one of the ice from his line .... really bothers me cause a lot of times he bails out on play just to make change

I've noticed that for a few seasons. Short shifts, often breathing hard. I don't know what to make of it because he back checks pretty hard and does play both ends of the ice.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I would get Jacob Trouba for Nash for sure without hestitation, but not sure if Jets is interested in that though, Nash + Graves.
I really doubt that the Rangers org. will trying to resign him when his contract run out.
We need players who can improve in playoffs situation, and Nash is too soft like kitten fur unfortunately.
It`s not a dumb, but facts about the player.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
There's going to be a window to make trades after the playoffs and before expansion

Also they can deal during the playoffs if need be

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Also, the Rangers have been told they have to protect Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, and Henrik Lundqvist.

This has been discussed before but it's literally a non issue.

7 F - Buch and Vesey Exempt

Mika, Miller, Kreider, Stepan, Zuccarello, Hayes, Nash. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain