Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I listen to the Blueshirts Underground podcast and they discussed about elite players in NHL, and Rick Nash was mentioned in that debate.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bluesh...underground-radio-new-york-rangers-talk-92816

AV said he was an elite player and needed Nash contribution to score goals some days ago. Personally I dont consider Nash as an elite player though, and I think the Ranger org. should move him soon as possible.

Nash will certainly open cap space for players like Jacob Trouba for instant in that RD position we sorely need in this 2016-2017 season.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I listen to the Blueshirts Underground podcast and they discussed about elite players in NHL, and Rick Nash was mentioned in that debate.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bluesh...underground-radio-new-york-rangers-talk-92816

AV said he was an elite player and needed Nash contribution to score goals some days ago. Personally I dont consider Nash as an elite player though, and I think the Ranger org. should move him soon as possible.

Nash will certainly open cap space for players like Jacob Trouba for instant in that RD position we sorely need in this 2016-2017 season.

Moving Nash to open up space to move someone else for Trouba is too much to accommodate one player IMO. We have serious forward depth now for the first time in a long time. Moving some of it to plug a hole is fine, moving some to make room to move some other to plug a hole is a roundabout way of making a problem to solve a problem.

I think it's hard to say where Nash is right now, we'll have to see him play a bit first. I'd really like to see him play a bit more recklessly and with a bit more swagger like he used to. He's got amazing hands but doesn't really try to deke any d-men out these days. He should.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I believe that Nash's days of being an offensive difference maker are over. He is at an age where many NHL players begin a rapid decline and he has a lot of wear and tear on his body. We should cut bait while he still has value.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I think he has a bounce back season, and scores at least 30 goals. I also think there is a 75% chance he is moved at the deadline.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I don't see how I could make a total points prediction on a player when I have no idea how many games they'll play.

Nobody has any idea how many games a player will play but they predict their points often. Its only a prediction. For example I predict Stepan will score between 57-67 points next season

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brand new season. Brand new "stuff n' things" discussion.

AV was right. Nash was elite. He is no longer. Since apparently the trade value for him is pennies on the dollar, I would be thrilled with a 25 goal year.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I hope you guys are being overly conservative.

For almost 8 mill a year I think Rick Nash expects more of himself than 50 points.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope you guys are being overly conservative.

For almost 8 mill a year I think Rick Nash expects more of himself than 50 points.
Conservative or realistic? I would certainly hope for more bang for the $8m buck, but fear that is just not a realistic goal anymore when it comes to Nash. My belief is that he has started the decline. I can only hope it is at a slower pace than Girardi's fall off of the precipice.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Conservative or realistic? I would certainly hope for more bang for the $8m buck, but fear that is just not a realistic goal anymore when it comes to Nash. My belief is that he has started the decline. I can only hope it is at a slower pace than Girardi's fall off of the precipice.

That is the $64,000 question. The answer could be both. Lets hope for the team that he is closer to 65-75 points though.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
People here want to be down on him. I don't. As long as is healthy, I predict, he'll score 30-35 goals and get 65-70 points. Only reason to worry is if he gets injured (esp. concussion).

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
People here want to be down on him. I don't. As long as is healthy, I predict, he'll score 30-35 goals and get 65-70 points. Only reason to worry is if he gets injured (esp. concussion).

It's not being down on him. The guy gets tripped, tackled, hacked, and wacked multiple times every game. He's been in the league 15 years. It's happened all throughout his Rangers tenure and also as a Blue Jacket. He's had 3 concussions, broken bones, and neck/back problems. It's on par with the abuse Mike Bossy took.

Yes he's not a traditional power forward like a Gillies, Neely, Graves, or Kerr, (more like a Keith Tzhachuk) but he's at that age when power forwards begin to have a sharp decline.

I expect 23 goals-24 assists and I'll be satisfied.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

Nash is probably a 30-30-60 player still. That would make him a top 40 player but I would not call that elite. That would be top 10-15 in my eyes but everyone has a different interpretation of "elite"

Trouba is cool but you're throwing D-men away if you can't get rid of Staal to free up a protected slot (no one is taking Girardi with the way his preseason is going :cry:)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Nash is probably a 30-30-60 player still. That would make him a top 40 player but I would not call that elite. That would be top 10-15 in my eyes but everyone has a different interpretation of "elite"

Trouba is cool but you're throwing D-men away if you can't get rid of Staal to free up a protected slot (no one is taking Girardi with the way his preseason is going :cry:)

we'd buy out girardi if he doesn't waive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad