Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
nash looked like the best player on the ice last night.

when he plays like that, he is. hes an animal. hes doing everything with more speed this year and coming off the wall with a purpose.

he continues to impress me. i still think he was hurt last season.

Guys and gals, we're officially in bizarro world. ;)

He was hurt last year too. He had the whole back/neck spasm thing and then had the knee injury. He just needs to stay healthy.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
He's been pretty good this year. Can't complain. If he's healthy he'll net like 27-28 goals maybe like 32-33 if he gets hot.

It's all about the playoffs with Mr. Nash.

A few weeks ago I was lobbying to buy him out and use that spot in the expansion draft to protect Grabner, but I'm fine with Nash finishing out his contract here.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
A few weeks ago I was lobbying to buy him out and use that spot in the expansion draft to protect Grabner, but I'm fine with Nash finishing out his contract here.

Nash could've scored 3 goals up until this point and this suggestion would still be ridiculous.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

when he plays like that, he is. hes an animal. hes doing everything with more speed this year and coming off the wall with a purpose.

He was. Lower-body injuries, especially bone-bruises, affect your play even after you are cleared to play. Our early post-season exit resulting in a longer off-season, has been good for Nash.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Nash could've scored 3 goals up until this point and this suggestion would still be ridiculous.

My logic behind it is that Girardi is not being bought out with his bounce back season and Nash would be at 2.7 for only two years, plus guaranteeing one more year of Grabner for his price and going after Shattenkirk.

But Nash is fine. If he continues his trend this year will be really good, next year will not be, but it's the last year of a big contract.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
My logic behind it is that Girardi is not being bought out with his bounce back season and Nash would be at 2.7 for only two years, plus guaranteeing one more year of Grabner for his price and going after Shattenkirk.

But Nash is fine. If he continues his trend this year will be really good, next year will not be, but it's the last year of a big contract.

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

So wait, GIRARDI is the player you're saying is having a bounce back year? And Nash isn't? Girardi has had like 5 decent games this year.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

uwotm8

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Girardi's bounce back season is playing like a #8 instead of a #3 in an adult rec league like he was last season.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey

:amazed: LOLWUT? I mean, I think he has been slightly better then last year, but he was pretty bad last year so....

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Girardi and Nash are both playing better this season. Yes I count Nash also.

My idea was Girardi's buyout would be for six more seasons against the cap at space of 2.6, 3.6, 3.6,and then 1.1 for three more years. That's devastating. Nash would only be two years at 2.3 and 2.7. Manageable.

Either way it's a moot point. Their either going to ship Zuc and/or Klein out, combined with potentially losing one of Holden/Raanta/Grabner/Fast in the expansion draft, and go after Shattenkirk and some lower line help like a Tommy Wingels or Dwight King.

Rick Nash will finish his contract with the Rangers unless some team is desperate and will overpay for him with a first rounder and an A-tier prospect.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Girardi and Nash are both playing better this season. Yes I count Nash also.

My idea was Girardi's buyout would be for six more seasons against the cap at space of 2.6, 3.6, 3.6,and then 1.1 for three more years. That's devastating. Nash would only be two years at 2.3 and 2.7. Manageable.

Either way it's a moot point. Their either going to ship Zuc and/or Klein out, combined with potentially losing one of Holden/Raanta/Grabner/Fast in the expansion draft, and go after Shattenkirk and some lower line help like a Tommy Wingels or Dwight King.

Rick Nash will finish his contract with the Rangers unless some team is desperate and will overpay for him with a first rounder and an A-tier prospect.

The bolded numbers are less than $5.5m aka cap savings.

You're not moving Girardi any other way. It needs to be done.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Nash is gonna rock it this year but I could see him moved in his final year . Likely to a SJ to play with Joe if he stays

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
A good goal, but all around a good game by Nasher. Even when he doesnt score he usually contributes in either playing well on the PK or just being a hustler.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

If you thought he was hurt last season then why did you continuously post crap about him?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nash is gonna rock it this year but I could see him moved in his final year . Likely to a SJ to play with Joe if he stays

Yes, he has been very good recently - let`s enjoy Nash as long we can. I doubt the org. have plans to resign him.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
What kind of contract do you guys expect Nash to seek?

Definitely gonna take a significant pay cut from his current deal but I'm curious where people see his cap hit being.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know it's hindsight but I truly hope gorton tried to trade him at some point in offseason and trade deadline.
Teams probably low balled because he's not even close to being worth what he's being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad