Player Discussion Rick Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
He hasn't scored in bunches for the Rangers since MSL was here.

I think people's ageism here really missed the value that MSL provided for Nash. If you look at that 42 goal season, MSL was the engine behind a lot of that production.

Pretty sure Nash spent the majority of that year alongside Brassard and Zucc, that line made me a decent amount of money on DraftKings that season...

I'm sure they spent some time together but if I knew how to look up the stats I don't think MSL would have been involved in that high of a percentage of Nash's production. MSL was with Stepan/Kreider at even strength mostly.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
not sure but he's got to have a few empty net goals too right ?

his "actual production" measured in goals scored, not into an empty net, is rather dismal.

there cannot be another player in the entire league with so many prime chances only to end up whiffing or lobbing a cream puff at the goalies 6 hole more than this guy.

8 mil. :thumbd:

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Pretty sure Nash spent the majority of that year alongside Brassard and Zucc, that line made me a decent amount of money on DraftKings that season...

I'm sure they spent some time together but if I knew how to look up the stats I don't think MSL would have been involved in that high of a percentage of Nash's production. MSL was with Stepan/Kreider at even strength mostly.
Plus the idea that MSL was propelling anyone up in 2014-15 is a bad one.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

555 5v5 minutes with Brass and Zucc
94 5v5 minutes with Brass and MSL

(Corsica.Hockey)

Memories are fun.

He did spend a lot of time with MSL on the PP, but only 6 of his 42 goals were PPG, so, yeah.

Reactions: Ori and Thirty One

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
555 5v5 minutes with Brass and Zucc
94 5v5 minutes with Brass and MSL

(Corsica.Hockey)

Memories are fun.

He did spend a lot of time with MSL on the PP, but only 6 of his 42 goals were PPG, so, yeah.
Going over the line combos for that year, I had completely forgot about MSL playing center

Babysitter-vomit.gif

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
sounds like he's coming back. the question is for 2 years? 3 years? how cheap? realistically rick nash at 2 years 8 million is fine. rick nash at 3 years 10 million is probably fine too.

grabner is the guy we're going to miss. if we reversed the scoring nash with 18 grabner with 9 all would be right with the world. I just don't see grabner staying. guy is going to cost bigger bucks and doesnt' get the ice time here that he probably should. I expect him to leave for the biggest contract avail regardless of where it is.

I'd think chytil and andersson (potentially coming in as a wing to start) will both be on this team next year. with desharnais and grabner gone. I'd like to see lettieri on the team as well as a regular with carey in the pressbox if he's coming back.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Incredibly frustrating to watch him on offense. Tries the same two moves game after game. Butt move or run the J that results in a backhand shot that softly glides along the ice and into the pads.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I’ve just never been a Rick Nash fan. I didn’t like him in Columbus and haven’t liked him as a Ranger. Obviously that first two seasons, it was easy to get excited about what he might bring for us but that fizzled out quickly and he has been 110% disappointing since. I really hope we do not bring him back. We don’t have a roster spot for him. He is too much of the same thing. Hayes, Vesey, Nash... big guys who tease but don’t produce, aren’t very physical and aren’t good enough to play top six. But we don’t have room to keep them all in the bottom six either when guys like Nieves, Fast and Carey are outperforming them at a fraction of the cost.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

I get bored easily:
Nash put up 7g 3a with help from MSL. 2g 1a of Nash's points there came on the PP.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
I get bored easily:
Nash put up 7g 3a with help from MSL. 2g 1a of Nash's points there came on the PP.
I feel like MSL helped him get off to that really hot start, at the very least - and then Nash took it from there.
Then looked pretty bad from what February onward that year?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I feel like MSL helped him get off to that really hot start, at the very least - and then Nash took it from there.
Then looked pretty bad from what February onward that year?

16 g 7a up until the start of December - 25 games
26g 18a from 01 December - 44 games

MSL was only involved in 2 of Nash's score involvements from December on

Reactions: Alves

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Going over the line combos for that year, I had completely forgot about MSL playing center

Babysitter-vomit.gif

Yeah he kind of did in his last NHL season and was decent at it, but MSL was a special player, but after the late leg injury he struggled too and announced his retirement. MSL will always be one of my favourite players in NHL ev en though he had most of his career at Tampa in Florida.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
He had a shift late in the 3rd against Vegas where he went beast mode and that’s the Nash I wish we had on a consistent basis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad