Value of: RHD Justin Barron

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
As an Oilers fan, Ceci isn't an offensive guy OR a defensive guy. he's kinda just.... a guy. He won't hurt you as your #4, but he won't really help you either.
That's kinda exactly what I mean lol. He came in expected to be an OFD and the skating just wasn't good enough but he's settled into being a perfectly acceptable "guy". I'm pretty confident with Barron's size and passing ability he'll be an NHLer but I don't think he's good enough at anything to be more than "fine I guess"

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
he might bust not a fan of his progress atm but at the time he was viewed as a good prospect

Upon learning of the trade, Crosby said, 'I never would have done this if I were the Avalanche. This kid here, he's a real hockey player. He's ready to play in the NHL and he's going to be a good player." - Sidney Crosby

If Barron doesnt work out for us oh well it could happen with any prospect even the player we would of drafted with that 1st round pick but we all liked the trade at the time so i wont blame Hughes over it
Trade him to Pittsburgh!

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
For PITT 2nd 2024, sure done deal
I'm not sure Montreal is willing to give up on him... but if Reinbacher and Hutson both look good from now until the end of the year, a high 2nd might be an offer to consider.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Problem for Barron is that he's being squeezed out. Next season the Habs RD should be Guhle, Savard and one of Kovasevic or Harris.
First off I want Guhle back on the Left and Harris nowhere near that side either. I'd like Savard, Kovacevic and one of Barron or Mailloux on the Right. No way should Reinbacher or even Hutson be gifted with a spot on the big club. Let them earn it.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
...or what Avs fans thought of Lehkonen (or his value) before he played for Colorado

Mostly receptive. HFAvs was aware of him and he was characterized as a player that's similar to Nichushkin, who was already established on the Avs at that point.

The Avs analytics people had won trust with Avs fans by that time because of their success when pounding the table for Nichushkin.

Reactions: Spirits

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
First off I want Guhle back on the Left and Harris nowhere near that side either. I'd like Savard, Kovacevic and one of Barron or Mailloux on the Right. No way should Reinbacher or even Hutson be gifted with a spot on the big club. Let them earn it.
Similar to Reinbacher and Hutson, Barron has to earn his spot next year too. Right now, he would not take the spot of one of the current RD in the NHL. I also think that Guhle should play LD and I would prefer see Harris being traded then play RD. I like Mailloux's progression this year, but again, he must earn his place in the NHL.

I dont think Habs have to sell him low, but they can afford to trade him to patch other holes in the roster if their is an opportunity.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Mostly receptive. HFAvs was aware of him and he was characterized as a player that's similar to Nichushkin, who was already established on the Avs at that point.

The Avs analytics people had won trust with Avs fans by that time because of their success when pounding the table for Nichushkin.
Not sure I'm buying this John. Especially on here

Reactions: Runner77

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for Lehky!
Lehkonen. Is 28 years old, a good middle six player. But the reality is if Montreal want, they could find another lehky next summer on UFA market. Thanks for Barron back in the days, and your 2nd this year..

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
So will you admit that Habs' fans were correct? That we actually have a pretty decent idea of the quality of our players?

I won't hold my breath.
Huh? I don't know what you're getting at. I'm just saying he's a great addition on the Avs.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Untitled2.jpg.jpg

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Lehkonen. Is 28 years old, a good middle six player. But the reality is if Montreal want, they could find another lehky next summer on UFA market. Thanks for Barron back in the days, and your 2nd this year..
If you try and find a Lehkonen in UFA its gonna cost you 6+ million AAV

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Since being traded to Colorado, Lehkonen has 84 pts in 112 games and averages 19 minutes a night on a cup contender. And that's not even noting his defensive metrics or ability to score clutch goals.

It's a bit disingenuous to call him a good middle six player. Just because Montreal underutilized and underappreciated him doesn't mean that's all he is.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Since being traded to Colorado, Lehkonen has 84 pts in 112 games and averages 19 minutes a night on a cup contender. And that's not even noting his defensive metrics or ability to score clutch goals.

It's a bit disingenuous to call him a good middle six player. Just because Montreal underutilized and underappreciated him doesn't mean that's all he is.
who were his line teammates? Lehky is a reliable complementary piece. But teams won’t give more than a late first for that kind of guy. I answered to the reaction that montreal been fleeced by Colorado. No way, lol. I liked Lehky back in the days, but Barron had good potential and still have

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Montreal didn't underutilize him. Going into that TDL it was Avs fans and non Habs fans that underappreciated him and dare i say clueless about what he brought to the table. It was Habs fans that were singing the virutes of Lehky.

Lehky is exactly what he is/was for the Habs, just on a much better team with better linemates.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Montreal didn't underutilize him. Going into that TDL it was Avs fans and non Habs fans that underappreciated him and dare i say clueless about what he brought to the table. It was Habs fans that were singing the virutes of Lehky.

Lehky is exactly what he is/was for the Habs, just on a much better team with better linemates.
Uh montreal was using lehkonen for only 15 mins a night and he goes to a much stronger team and gets 19-20 mins. His coaches in montreal were morons gifting minutes to underdeserving scrubs.

Reactions: Guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad